WFUBCC #228 - April Showerings

Gud Thorsday! Oh, no, nawt leetle Rita agin! Poor soul, we hope itz just dat cruddy stuff dat me and da Galoot had for sum reason years ago.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Oh deer, what a report this mornink! Growlies, bloody poops, barfing, screaming. :wow I myownself had a bad skweeky belly. Mistress says I’ll feel bedder iffen I eat sumthin but I don’t wanna eat nuthin cept liklik sum peenit budder. She shoved a pepcid in me and left a jerky strip and a biskie on my beddy when she went in the shower and when she come out, they were gone and no more skweeks! I’m not kwite ready for brekkie yet tho.

Sendin good thots for poor sweet leddle Rita! :hope

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Lupin, what a fuzzy baby Samoyed.  Did you get to meet him or just Miss Kerry?
Ma finks you look bery stylish in your tease shirts wif their stripes!
Mummy says she is stunned at dis uneggspected diffrints in behaviour, plusalso she says she's flooint in sarcasm.   :rotfl
You nailed it--human Moms are indeed party poopers. <_<
As you may know, I am a fierce growler, lunger, and snarler so I quite understand why you would hab done that.  Sadly, Miss Kerry habs dealt wif a genuwine bitter and so she is extra anxious.  I fink she did the perfect thing!  She gave you a cookie to enjoy whilst the annoying bootie removal happened.  She's a smart lady who loves you. :kiss2

Mam, you got a lot ob extra werk wif the Inn cranking up and the moving and cleaning for more painting. :kiss2

Wiki, I don't hab any beds outdoor either.  Ma habs observed that I just lie in the grass weeds and sun baff so she just lets me. :D

Bitzi, I hope the Phillies did you proud!

Charlie, we don't hold you accountable for anything Zorro del Galgo posts. :nod  Though I gotta say, Ma enjoyed the excitement and suspense he got into his story.

Summer and Dio, it sounds like Miss Jen mostly needs cuddles and sleeping buddies.  I know you are taking good care ob her.

AndiPants, don't worry.  Eben if you are recowcitrant, I fink that is regarded as a minor flaw eben by the humans.  Besides, there's a contract and they can't get rid ob us! :neener

Rita, I'm so sorry that you are habing potty problems plus more leish soars. :grouphug  Miz Ducky will do her best to help. :kiss2  Now that she's home, you can eat up your meals and that's bound to help.

Jupe, you do know how to keep 'em on their toes.

Ma got tomato plants planted--she's knot impressed with the one from Costco--and chard plants planted.  Then she got seeds in for okra, basil, summer squash, and cucumber.  We shall see how this gardening season goes.  She is steeling herself for failure since gardening has been a heartbreaker the last couple ob years.  Still, she plants and makes the attempt. :D  Today is house cleaning day.  That tires 'em out so I'm unlikely to hab too much fun today.  Still, there will be cookies!

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Oh, poor Rita! :ohno Backandforfing commencing at once. :goodluck  

Ducky, when Merlin had an IBD flare-up and refused to eat because his tummy hurt, but I HAD to give him his Metronidazole for him to improve (and it's best to give it on a full stomach), I used wet food to syringe some into his mouth. It wasn't pleasant for either of us, and I hated doing it, but if he didn't take his meds it would only get worse.  I would also use Sucralfate an hour and a half before his meal - again, I'd crush it into a powder, added a little water, mixed it up and administered it via a syringe. It helped line his stomach so it wouldn't feel so bad, and then, more often than not, he would consent to eating something. 

I'm sorry about the new lesion. :( Keeping her in my thoughts. 

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Rita poor you, I hope this flair up goes away.  You deserve some happy peaceful years.

Lupin of course you growled.  someone tugging on your foot it the dark .why it could have been heavens knows what trying to attacked you & Miss Kerry. 

Happy thoughts & wishes to all

Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Rita, mama used to habz to gibz Suckyface - That's sucralfate, Fancy - whutebber, mama.  An dat metty dizole stuff to Dustbin wen he had iSHOOz.  She used to habz to shubz it in hiimz mowf wif peenuts butters.

LOOpin, mama juss lubz yu and yur snazzee o**its.

Nate, da beeg joke arownd heer iz dat Mama got tomato plants frum a ladee at wurk whose humsmand started dem from seeds frum himz own home grown tomatoze.  She brawt dem homes an deer iz a betting pool az to how long it will be afore she kills dem.  If it duz KNOT habz fur or fedders (or at lees a leetle bit ub hare on himz heds - like Daddy), it iz in trubbles arownd heer.  

Da torturnarian calt an sed mah bluds wur reel thick - so eben tho ah got FLOOids on TOOsday, dey want me to get moor tooday or tomorrow. Mama iz gowing to do doze at homes in sted ub stressing me owt by making me go back deer.

Fanks fur all da gud fawts!!!

• Like 1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

:wave

:goodluck for Rita and for FancyToo.

Lupin, you were maybe right to warn!  Why, that could have been a chupacabra sneaking in to get your mama!!!!!  :yikes

We had a nice spring day yesterday and a good time at the philosophy discussion.  However, our pizza procurer decided to go to a different restaurant, and I didn't care for their version.  I still like Pizza Hut best.  It started in my state, and I will always like it!  :beatheart

Weather report:

Today's forecast:  cloudy, cold, and rainy

Tomorrow's forecast:  cloudy, cold, and stormy

Friday's forecast:  Cloudy, warmer, and more stormy

Saturday's forecast:  Cloudy, 80 degrees, and even more stormy through to Sunday morning.  Weatherman says to expect maybe 4" of rain overall.  

Next week should be better, though they say it might rain again Wednesday.  April showers, ya know! :dunno

I'm going to try running some errands if I can dodge the rainy-rains.  Then I might just find a blankie and a glass of sweet tea and read my book.

Hope everyone has a good day.  

Edited by ScootersMom

Miss Noo Carol

It's bad, really really bad.

Rita is 12, and had ok-ish kidneys when I adopted her. We monitor them every 6 months. Compared to the last one in Dec 2023 and 6 months prior, her numbers have gotten much worse. Today she got subQ fluids. Vet (my fave was off today) said we could do daily subQ. She even called my fave vet for input. The subQ hump hasn't even gone down and she's drinking water like crazy. There are no further treatments to try.

The pancreatitis indicators were off the chart. She got a Cerenia shot and Rx canned food and metroniadizole. "Most dogs like this food", nope. As hungry as she was she said no, even when I added a little chicken and canned appetite stimulant that she liked before. There are no further treatments to try.

I was hoping she'd make it through the weekend, but now I am not so sure. I'd made a "goodbye" appt for Monday afternoon just in case. We'll see how she does tonight. I am not optimistic that she'll make it comfortably that long.

Leishmaniasis put an extreme burden on her body and over-stressed kidney function is common. Although the majority of her lesions were fading away, I have found some new ones.

• Sad 11

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh !!!!.

I’m sorry Ducky.

M.”E”.C.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Oh, Rita and Miz Ducky, what distressing, worrisome news about the kidneys. :grouphug  It all sounds quite miserable.  Rita, eat some if you can.  That may help you feel better 'cuz then you won't be hongry. :kiss2

backandforth and backandforth

Nate

Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Ducky, I am so sorry, you have tried so hard and cared so much for these special seniors, we were all hoping the news was better. 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Hello my Friendlies!!

Raining rainy rains all day today and a lot of tamarrow, then stoopid showerings until next Windsday.  :bugeye 

Aaaww HEKK, Miss Ducky.  :weep  We sure hope Little Miss Rita can rally and have a good weekend full of lovings and good things.  :kiss2 

Miss FancyToo, tell your Momma to give you some broff in your water bowl to help your bloods, too!!

Miss Loosy, Momma says gardeners are the ultimate optometrists.  (Optimists, Andi.)  Whatever Momma!!!  :rolleyes: 

Mister Jupiter I would scream if I was gonna have to have a baff too!!!  :eek  Momma says she always figgered it was mussle crampings from laying in one place for so long without moving.  <_< 

Miss Wiki, alla our outside beds are those Coolaroo-type ones that can stay outside alla the time.  Oh, one is a leftover wooden pallet with an old indoor bed on it that's Flizzie's favorite one.  But Momma leaves the other ones out and maybe puts a blankie on em if we're gonna be out for a long time.  They are raised up offa the ground so they stay cooler!!

Mister Lupin, I agree with Miss Noo Carol!!  It coulda been a chupacabra coming to bite yourown foot!!!!  :eek  

Miss Noo Carol, pizza is NOT something you just up and change according to Momma!!!  :shakefinger  We gots a few places we like for when we - meaning Momma and Daddy - wanna have a certin kind.  We like Mod Pizza which is fast and crispy and kinda shee-shee.  Then we like a local place called Pietro's for, like, regular pizza.  We ushually get a Hawaiian, a pepperonee with black olibes and tommytoes, and a vegetarian.

Well, something other than reading or outdoor chores will finally get done today courtesy of the rainings.   She realized last nite there's been a load of lawndries in the warsher for about a week, so that will need to be re-warshed.  Some bills gotta get paid - and she's gonna pay out bills for her Momma's estating finally!!  Plus also there's a buncha little paperworking chores that need finishing.

Tho Momma is already complaining about my whining at her.  I still think she mite get rid of me.  <_<   :sowhat 

Wishings for a thriving Thirdsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

PEE ESS - MISS CINDY, MOMMA NEEDS TO KNOW MISTER ZEKE'S YEAR OF BIRTHING!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

We have been baknforfing so hard all morning for Rita and this is not the report we were looking for. We will keep going, tho, and continue to send all our camper healing vibes. Ducky :bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh, Miss Ducky, our Misser Peabody duz KNOT like dat R Eggz fuds eeder. Sheesh....an he habz to habz it fur himz pan cream ishooz.  We send owr lubz to Rita.

Miss Chris, daddy likes to make us brof!  Dat iz a gud idea!!!

Edited by mychip1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

11 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

We have been baknforfing so hard all morning for Rita and this is not the report we were looking for. We will keep going, tho, and continue to send all our camper healing vibes. Ducky :bighug

:nod 

Ducky, I'm so sorry the news wasn't better. :grouphug 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I am so sorry for the sad diagnosis.  We will keep little Rita in good thoughts.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Oh no, what a worrisome report on little Rita. :ohno :cry1  

I have no valuable advice to offer, just sending :grouphug and :candle and :goodluck and hoping so hard that Rita pulls through and starts to improve. 

Please eat, sweetie. Eat something:( 

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Oh no,  this most distressing news for our darling little Rita. :cry1

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Awww Miss Ducky and Rita   :grouphug     We were hoping for better noos.   I hope leetle Rita can decide to eat to help her feel a leetle better. 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

I was  trying to catch up after missing a day of travel, and see this very sad update for Rita.  Ducky, I'm so very sorry.  You both have tried so hard and have been so brave.  What a terrible, insidious, heartless disease.  Poor little lady, and poor you.  Way too many losses.  I hope you both can have some days of peace and relative comfort.  Sending you many good thoughts.

I'm tired after the 6 hour car trip, but had a good night's sleep at Jim's house.  We are all just hanging out, talking a lot, eating a ton of good food, and catching up.  I've missed so much not seeing him for over 4 years, and we all really needed this visit. He has moments of perfect clarity, them moments of confusion, talking about things that never happened.  Walking is difficult, and he has a lot of pain.  He has a scooter, a walker, and a cane.  Don't know yet what his long term prognosis is, but the time together is precious.  We'll be here till Saturday, and don't have much planned except for relaxing.

I'm going to go back over everything.  But what great pictures!

• Like 1

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Miss Nancy ob the Burg, what a wonderful visit you all had. :yay  Time to talk and reminisce and be together, especially meaningful when the paff ahead is unclear. :grouphug

Rita, I hope you can eat 'cuz a hound always feels better wif a tummy full ob food. :kiss2  Ma and I are thinking about you and Miz Ducky and hoping things will take a good turn.  :grouphug

Nate