WFUBCC #228 - April Showerings

Rita and Ducky are still in my thoughts. Hoping for a decent weekend  :hope

Nancy...I'm so glad you've gone to visit your brother after such a long time apart.  I hope he feels well enough to enjoy you company and reminiscing   :hope

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Miss Nancy we are glad your visit with your brother is going well. Catching up is a good thing

Ducky sorry for the news Rita got.  Rita baby you have endured so much & now that you have a good home I hope  you get to live it longer.  I have my paws crossed for you.

Bitzi sad for her friend Rita 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

It’s a little chilly outside right now but we are gonna have a sunny day today.  :yay 

I hope Rita will eat today and hope she feels OK and can have a good day.  Miss Ducky :grouphug 

Ivy 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Nancy, this trip is such a blessing.  Have a wonderful time and cherish the memories.

My brother Bob, and his husband Mitch, arrived yesterday.  Mitch had tendon surgery and is just now able to get around with a cane.  That means Bob does not feel he can make the trip to Holland and Belgium in September.

I am taking advantage of this trip to get all the "brotherly wisdom" I can.  For example, my niece and nephew want me to buy the house next door to them as rental  (and "eventual") property.  Bob thinks it's a good idea and is willing to go in on it as a partnership if I don't want to lay out all the money.  Plusalso, we navigate the care and handling of cranky husbands.  To be fair, Mitch is not usually cranky but Bob has been doing full care giving for a couple of months now (not Mitch's first tendon surgery poor guy :( ).

Rita, have a good day, sweetie.  :kiss2

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Frosty and foggy 0C   :coffee

Continued  :bighug  to Ducky et al.

Lots of brotherly visits in the club this week.  

I have 2 younger bros.  Middle one and I are pretty close and his wife is awesome.  They live 2+ hours away and we get together for lunch 2/3 times a year.  Baby bro I have not seen since Moms funeral. His wife is knot friendly to us and very controlling.  He lives in the same town as his brother and even works at the same firm and they barely communicate.  At my aunties funeral last fall they chose to sit all by their ownselves and when it came time for the actual burial they just went home, even though the grave was right beside our parents/grandparents and they probably had not been there in 2+ years.  :dunno

I’m off to the Inn to have a chat with the manager.  He’s done a couple of weird things this week ….

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

Hello me freends!

Continued support fur Miss Rita dat she iz A-OK and habs a gud day.

Oh yes lots obs brodders bisits and fun it seems! Momma-bear onlee habs a sisser, and herown dog, Aku iz too excitid fur me.

Momma-bear habs taken da train todayto get da noo houndie mobile. Den she will go and git me a step so I can enter in da car. Wot do yoo use fur a houndie step? 

She iz bery sad to let her current houndie mobile go butt it iz obs no use to us now as she had it professhionally washed and we awr knot allowed in anymore.

Yoor freend,

Charlie, who did knot eben dirty da houndie mobile

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Murphy has reared his trouble again.

Will be heading to more knee surgery on May 6. It seems that sharp bone chip decided to slice the lower tendon so difficult to straighten my leg. Sigh.....I have spent the last 4 days getting clearances. Difficult when all you can talk to on the phone is a computer.

Tiller will go to aunt Bev's camp.

Tiller has been on his best emotional therapy service. He has cuddled and cuddled whenever I had a breakdown. That is my brat boy!

OK Ma, you not leaking rice now so let me tic tic!

Hello all my friendlies! Me missed you all somethin fierce.

Rita me so sad you leash man isis is ruining your life with the house ob Ducky. You really scored when you selected them. She lubs you!  Ms Ducky, eye is saying my prayers your heart is to surbibe yet another tragic disease ob da houndies. Eye send you a piece ob my heart to help you heal, you da most compassionate human to make so many houndies happy!

Eberybody please enjoy your humans.

Like and leans to all

Tiller

• Sad 1
gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

TGIF, it iz cloudy and breezy. Mom iz off to da big howse soon.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Charlie, I hope that you will all lub the new hound mobile that is joining your fambily today.  Did you tell us what kind ob hound mobile you are gonna be riding in now?
In terms ob vehicular entry mechanism--I mostly use Ma to boos my behind end. :D   Howeber, I am getting increasingly willing to use my own hind limbs to jump into the car.  Ma is so proud ob me when I do dat!

Tiller, you are wonderful to rally and cuddle and snuggle your Mom when she needs support. :yay
Miss Sherry, I am profoundly sorry you are facing another surgery.  :grouphug

Gino,  it sounded briefly like Miss Banessa was heading to jail. :rotfl  I hope that her trip to the office is knot too horrible today. :kiss2

Ma and Auntie Ann hab decided to go grocery shopping tomorrow rather than today this week, the weirdos. :D  They still hab their classes wif the trainer this afternoon butt can hab a lazy morning, which they somehow figure they "deserve". :spoot

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

No time to post properly but wanted to pop in to send little Rita some kisses :kiss2 :beatheart and let her know I'm thinking of her. :heart 

I'll catch up later this evening... 

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Miss Ducky, I’m sorry the prongnoses for Rita is not good. :(

Charlie, I juss jump into my car. I don’t theenk I’d like to use sum stairs or ramp. Mistress has hadda boost my rumpy in when I was not able or willin to do it myownself. :blush

Have fun at camp Tiller. Sorry for your Ma bout the reasin you hafta go tho.

Today is the best day of the year for Wiki walkie, village rummidge sale day! I get to go in peeple’s garajes and sniffsniff alla their stuff and get pets! Lotsa peeple said I was beeyouteafool and that they see us Wiki walkie alla time. :star One lady who was sellin her ugly weerd paintings said, “OMG, lookit how leddle her hed is.” Yeah, I’m a aerodynamic greyhound not sum blockhed. :bugeye And sum guy said, “I won a lotta money on that dog.” Mistress told him it was possible cause I was vary good winnin race dog. He said he had been to Wheeling where I did my racing, so it aktually is possible he saw me run.

Now I’m tired.

Wiki :ph34r

• Like 3
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Hello my Friendlies!!

Mostly cloudings and cold showerings today.  BOOOOOOO!!!!  :bugeye  I want my sunnings back!!

Miss Wiki, my situpon house peeples - Auntie Vickia nd Unka Paul - own racing greyhoundies.  When Momma and Daddy dopted their first greyhoundie, they had one of theirown boys retired at their house and he and Libby had akchooally raced against each other!!  I think I would like Rummage Sale day!!  I am very disserning when it comes to rummaging!!  ;)  

Mister Nate, Momma did too much yesserday - even tho she gotted a lot done - so today is gonna be a quiet day for her too.  Which means a lotta tea and reading!!  ;) 

Mister Charlie, I think it's kinda a individual thing about steps or a ramp or whatever to get inna car.  I, myownseff, think a foldy ramp would be more betterer than stairs (cause I don't do stairs except when I do! ;) ).  Momma suggests leaving the ramp out flat on the floor for a while so you and Senor Zorro can get use to how it looks and feels walking on it flat in the house.  They maybe trying to use it to get on the couch or the big bed, and then maybe trying it into the car.  Momma can *just barely* lift me into my Raver!!  :lol  But me and Flizzie boff jump in pretty good.

Mister Tiller!!!!  Oh my.  :(  We are broked of the heart that your Momma hasta have more sergery on her nee!!!  :(  What a strange kinda thing to have happen!!!  But one of the pitchers on Momma's baseballs team just had to have sergery on hisown elbow for zactly the same thing!!!!  A bone spur that tored his tendon!!  Too weerd!!  :kiss2 

There's lotsa good bruthers to Mommas in the Club.  My Momma's own bruther has been like a rokk of Gibralters for her throo the whole last 18 munfs when they losted their Daddy and then their Momma and now throo all this stoopid estating stuff.  And no matter how much time goes by in between talking or seeing each other they just start rite back up again like there was no time at all in between!!

Barking of the estating stuff, Momma says I gotta say this part - The stoopid Chase Bank, who refused to let Momma into the safe depositing box, and said she had to get all this court stuff done (which was totally wrong) really added to the stoopid.  Momma's lawyer sended them a whole pakkige of stuff, inclooding a affidavit and copies of the laws, by registered mailings so they would have to sign it and acknowledge reseept.  Well, they refused to have anybody at the branch sign it!!!  :bugeye  The lawyer lady was all mad, espeshully since she's gotta do more works now (tho she's gonna get paid a lot for it :rolleyes: ).  Anyway, Momma and herown bruther are gonna try to get into the box again in a couppla weeks, and take along copies of everything.  Boy Momma was saying salty talk when she founded all this out!!!!

How's Miss Rita this morning Miss Ducky???  We haven't heard from you yet, so I am wurried that this is not good.  :weep  

Like I said, nuthing much going on today around here.  I am just hoping it's not pouring down rainy rainings for outs like it was yesserday!!!  :eek  Momma even hadda break out the baby wipes cause we boff hadded muddy paws!!!  :eek  And maybe, plus also, we mite of digged a little in the mud.  :blush  I think Momma mite akchooally try and cook something today like a keesh or some biskets or something.  We gotted a whole container of sawsige gravy that we didn't order when we hadded brekkie a few days ago, and Momma says we gotta use it up somehow.  I tolded her I'd be happy to help!!!  :chow 

Wishings for a fascinating Friedday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Oh dear, Sherrie :getwell

:angryfire     Chris.  Jeepers.  Enuff is enuff!

Hmmmm Charlie.  Congratson the new houndmobile.  What kind is it?  We need :digicam    I don’t know anything about ramps or stairs for loading.  My guys are still able to jump up.  Sid -10 - is a bit more cautious but can still get in.

I had a few - only a few - salty werds for the Manager this morning and I believe that he has now come to his senses.

Sigh.  Middle aged men. Sigh.     Although Pap - who is long past middle aged - has finally cleaned 2 of the 4 bedroom windows and took down some blinds and ran them thru the shower.  I have loaded my car with stuff for goodwill. 

I’m heading off to deliver a couple of hoss blankets I repaired for a friend, pick up some grain for the home ponies and then ride Patty quietly on my own before the teenager kidlets arrive after school.

And she's gone.
Born 1/3/12
Adopted 12/12/20
Gone 4/26/24

It was just too much for her little body. Rita had been steadily losing weight, down 5+ pounds since December. She was always a picky eater and the worst at trying any form of pill taking.
Despite assurances that "most dogs like" the low fat Rx canned food, she wouldn't touch it. Not heated, not with any kind of appetite stimulant (crushed and stirred in, not with chicken and defatted ground beef. It had been nearly 14 hours since she'd eaten at this point so I tossed everything away and just gave her the chicken and ground beef. She woofed it up but it would not be nutritionally enough long term.

She was getting wobbly lately. Blind in one eye and the depth perception worsening in the other, she started bumping into things in the house like doorways and the refrigerator. She could never find a treat if I put it on the floor. Instead I would bump her nose with it, hold it right there, and eventually she'd figure it out. When she'd go outside she would turn right (the good eye side) and patrol the perimeter. If she had to potty, she'd turn left. At night, even though we have lighting, I'd go with her and shine a flashlight so she could find her way back without bumping into the picnic tables.

Rita was not an easy dog to love at first. She peed in the house so many times despite tethering and taking her out frequently that I was ready to give her back from the group. She must have heard me because almost overnight she stopping peeing indoors.

Rita's favorite toy was a ball, any ball, even when she couldn't find it. I had to make it bounce near her so she could hear the bounce. Then she'd go thisaway and that, slapping the ground until she found it.

She would never cuddle, never roached, never let me rub her belly. Only ear scritches and chin rubs were permitted.

I'd made an appt to let her go on Monday, but by Thursday afternoon it was obvious that it was time. "A day too soon" is what it needed to be. 

Her passing at the vet office was gentle and swift. And finally, when she was gone, I cuddled with her and rubbed her belly.

401839359_3763907543934322_2896274358703599446_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=LgxUhDRRGTwAb6lkYxr&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.xx&oh=00_AfAS2z2TJPOGgT0VDqYGyebWt4WK5tI8WKi8JcVtn04IfQ&oe=6631B46F

• Sad 8

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:weep :cry1 

Rest in peace sweetie :brokenheart :brokenheart 

Ducky :grouphug :grouphug  ca1a20_a731c32a16a84ba7b681ac860c7e8ff7~

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

:weep Ducky, I am so sorry.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Rest well, sweet little Rita. You were so brave and strong.

Ducky, I'm so sorry. :grouphug  You did everything you could and then some.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Oh no! oh! :cry1 Rita, you are loved and not just by the people living in yourown house. Please send a sign when you're able. 

:crying

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

:cry1    Miss Ducky, we are so sorry.   You did eberything you could for her!   :cry1 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Big, big hugs, Ducky.  So not fair.  You really got me at finally being able to give her a belly rub.  Wishing you both peace as she sheds that tired body of hers.  

Cindy  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow