Deuce, The Most Perfect Little Girl-Fth Tinkerbell

GreyTzu

Today we said good-bye to the most perfect girl in the world, our Deuce. Deuce formally known as FTH Tinkerbell aka Mohawkie Girl aka Miss Mohawkie aka Deucie aka Deucieness aka Deucilious aka My Little Girl aka Cheeze-ball aka Miss Mohawkieness aka Fashion Advisor and My Perfect Little Girl.

I knew you were mine within 5 minutes of your birth. Cathie said you had a mohawk and I called first dibs! As the underdog of the litter, Cathie and Bill had to do puppy CPR to help you breathe, but I knew you belonged to me. Ten days later when I went to Jax. to pick up Dessie, the deal was sealed. You snuggled into me and I cuddled your tiny body. Yeah, ok, so I almost dropped you, but hey you know things happen. ;) You became my perfect little girl.

Your first collar, ridiculously too big, came from Sandy Paws, and it was a perfect pink camouflage. The look you gave me: “Hey, are you too stupid to see how big this is?” was priceless. With a heavy sigh, you wandered off, with my heart. My perfect little girl.

You raced, you won, you didn’t, and you tried again and again until it was retirement time. It was a fun weekend to Jax and home you came, complete with a spay infection. A hot compress on for the next two weeks as the advice and you sure took that seriously. Anytime you saw the bowl and a washcloth, you flopped over for your spa treatment, replete with your signature cheese-ball grin. My perfect little girl.

Timid and cautious was your nature, until you assessed the situation. Once the initial observations were complete, next on the agenda was charming people, and you always did with you sweet and loving nature. People quickly adored you and were charmed b your gentleness. Patient, tender, soft, and honorable was always your face. Our home grew, changed, shrank, was stressful, and always fun of love, and you faced it all with such graceful aplomb. My perfect little girl.

Getting dressed was never lonely, because you were always on the bed watching and offering the best fashion advice. Moreover, bedtime was an adventure in kisses and whispered adulations of love. However, you were so funny because you didn’t want an arm or hand resting on you for long. A twitch, a wiggle, and a nonchalant movement and off my arm or hand would fall. There was always room on the bed for you and that was where you wanted to be when I was in the bedroom. My perfect little girl.

Besides loving everyone in our home, you sure loved treats and your food bowl. Just about anything that ended up in the bowl was devoured. No bananas, but anything else was fair game. And you were the champion treat mugger. Just one look into your loving gaze with your sly grim, yeah, extra treats for you. Not to mention that you always laid quietly in the kitchen watching me cook. A quick glance would see Quinny cat rubbing on your face and you just sniffing him with your eyes closes as you enjoyed his attentions. I recall a times when he head-butted you so hard, your mouth snapped shut and your head bounced up. You loved every minute of it. My perfect little girl.

Corns plagued you for the past two years. We marinated your feet, rubbed, and prodded them, and continued to love. The limp was from the corns because they were HUGE. It came and went. Boots worked for a while and you thrived, ate, and mugged for treats. Finally, I knew and x-rays confirmed my worst fear. My perfect little girl.

The decision was the hardest. We spent the past week protecting you and your fragile leg. But sometimes you still cried and panted. My head knew, but my heart resisted. As an animal lover, we have to do what it best your our beloved companions. That is what we signed up for when we love a dog. We always choose to do what is best for the animal. It does not get easier and I vacillated many times, but I knew I would not be able to live with myself if the leg broke. Together we made the decision. You lived on roast beef, ice cream, and treats. It was a good week. I cried and held you, whispering in your ear. My perfect little girl.

While the first five minutes of your life were among the most joyous moments in my life and the last five minutes are the most heartbreaking. I love you and I will miss you forever. Another greyhound will come along into our lives, of that I can be sure. Another greyhound will steal my heart I am sure. However, no one will ever be you. My perfect little girl.

When the sun is shining, I will miss you. As the sun rises on a beautiful day, I will miss you. With glittering stars in the night sky like the diamonds in your eyes I will miss you. Raindrops will mask my tears as I miss you. Every day, every hour, every second, I will miss you. Forever in my heart. My perfect little angel.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Oh, Wendy, I am so very, very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute to your special girl.

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Wendy, I am so sorry for your loss. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Wendy, your tribute was both beautiful and heartbreaking. Reading it made me think of both Beanie, my perfect little girl and Chase, whose leg I too prayed would not shatter while I stole two extra days to be with him before saying goodbye.

I am so very sorry for your loss of one so dear to you. :grouphug

That was a beautiful tribute to your special girl.

Run free, Deuce. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

A perfect tribute :heart I'm so sorry Wendy. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Indeed a beautiful tribute for a beautiful girl. I am very sorry she had to leave.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so sorry for the loss of your perfect little girlie.

What wonderful memories you made and shared. Remember them ..and smile....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mohawkie girl -- they're a special breed. And how you must miss ruffling that crest down her neck. :grouphug

Once the initial observations were complete, next on the agenda was charming people

:wub:

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Wendy, I am so very sorry for your loss. I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so very, very sorry :( :( :cry1 :cry1 what a beautiful tribute to a perfect little girl :(:cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Your love shines through in every word of your beautiful tribute. I'm so sorry you lost your precious Deuce.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry. You were truly each other's, weren't you?

Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.