Lila (Good Looking)

Jerilyn

Lila (Good Looking) 9/2/2006 – 12/2/2020

My best girl is gone and I am heartbroken. She reached the amazing age of 14 ¼ and was with me for 10 ½ years. It was not enough.

5UBxydll.jpg 

Lila really was a perfect girl, she came into my home and immediately settled in. She was sweet but stubborn and easy-going but opinionated. She had her idea about how things should be and if she didn’t want to do something, nothing could make her. Her only “badness” was being a pesto when I couldn’t give her my full attention. She was the dog that people who don’t like dogs loved.

meaTGlbl.jpg?1

She was my Adventure Dog, always excited to go somewhere and see something new. We had some wonderful vacations together. She loved to ride in the car and had to have her snoot out the window, even if it was pouring rain or below zero.  She was well known for her thick bunny soft fur, the fact that she would steal any other dog’s bed, and her need to be at the front of the pack when we went for group walks.

jDiGnQKl.jpg

Lila was a good racer and she loved to run, she was still doing zoomies in the yard the day before she died. I would try to stop her because her legs couldn’t handle it, but I couldn’t and it made her so happy! She was also still digging in her hole the day before she died. There was such joy in her eyes when she would dig and spin around in her hole then take off running.

I9jgcZbl.jpg

She taught me to be patient and flexible; from her first night home when she refused to sleep in my bedroom through caring for her changing needs as she aged.

oINDNLVl.jpg

I miss her peeking around the corner at me, wanting to go out when I was in the middle of a work meeting. I miss her excitement when I came home from even the shortest trip. I miss her staring me down for a treat every single time she came in the house. I miss her big gentle eyes and her velvet ears.

90lMiHUl.jpg?1

Good bye my love. :beatheart

ETA: How could I forget her inexplicable hatred for alpacas?!?

5m5q3G3l.jpg?1

Edited by Jerilyn
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Lots of tears here for a hound I never met.  Lila was one of Rocket's "sisters from another mother."  The similarities are all there and have been in all of the Lila posts over the years and Lila has always seemed like family. Your tribute to her was beautiful.  There is no other experience like having a Dodgem hound. 

I am so sorry.  I know that Rocket, Lexie, and the whole GT crew will welcome her to The Bridge and show her around.  Run-free, Lila.  :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Jerilyn, I'm so sorry you've lost your redheaded girl with the most appropriate racing name. I was a big fan. Lila has always sounded so much like Sweep, who has her own backyard hole projekt and has never met an alpaca but sure hates curly Labradoodles. Those opinionated girls certainly make their mark and I can imagine your heartache. I hope Lila will send you a sign.

Rest well, beautiful Lila. 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

That first picture -- what a beautiful picture of such a beautiful girl.  Well, she never took a bad picture, did she?  Thank you for sharing her with us all these years.  I hope you'll leave her hole as long as you need to.  I can imagine her spirit coming back to add to its perfection now and then.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I am so very sorry for your loss :cry1  but glad you had so many wonderful years with your sweet girl  :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am also in the camp that leaving that werk of art, the WHole Projekt, would be an appropriate tribute to the girl who werked so hard on it! How blessed you and Lila were to have had the gift of so many years together. But we know, don't we, that it is still never enough time. We just want them to stay forever. I will miss hearing about Lila's adventures and swooning over her photos - Good Looking indeed. Jerilyn, I am so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Godspeed Lila. Your mom is waiting for your sign, sweetie. 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

She was the dog that people who don’t like dogs loved.

That sums it all up right there. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Jerilyn, that was lovely! Those red girls are super, super special. :wub:

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I'm so very sorry. I will miss your Lila posts--she was an incredible girl.

Godspeed Lila.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:f_whiteI am so sorry for your loss. What a special, beautiful girl she was - and  how fortunate you both were to find each other. Run free lovely Lila :gh_run2

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

I am so very sorry for your loss of Lila. What a special girl she was with that bunny soft fur coat. A spectacular tribute to a life well lived.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

I’m so sorry for your loss, Jerilyn. Lila was such a beautiful girl. How lucky you were to have had so many wonderful years together. Thinking about you as you mourn her loss. :brokenheart

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Only we know what a small price we pay for the love we have received from our pets. 

The sadness and loss, no matter how powerful it may be,is an insufficient measure of the joy
we have been given.

Hold the memories of Lila close and remember all the good times.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I will miss Lila stories so very, very much :( I'm so sorry, Jerilyn. She was a Very Good Girl and you were a Very Good Mom :grouphug

Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

It hurts to say goodbye to such a beautiful, sweet (except for those alpacas! ;) ), bunny-furred girl.  Such a lady and such a sprite, at the same time.

Fun free, sweet Lila.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound