Lila (Good Looking)

Jerilyn

Jerilyn, I am just so very sorry that it was Lila's time to go.  Your tribute to your beautiful girl with the large personality was perfect.  I can only imagine that she is now running around, digging holes with her pawpaws (that always made me laugh for some reason), and getting her ears rubbed by Big Momma.  I hope that the outpouring of support helps to carry you through until your memories can bring a smile instead of a tear.

Hugs.

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

f_yellowSending hugs

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Sorry is that a strong enough word to express how I feel for you on your loss of Lila.  I will miss Lila stories as I am sure you will miss her.HUGS.

Caroline

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Jerilyn....

You know I feel like I lost one of my own.  :weep  

I've recently learned of a Jewish tradition upon hearing of the passing of a beloved soul:

"May her memory be for a blessing."

Many blessings on you my friend.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I’m so sorry for your loss of Lila. She will be missed here on GT. Your tribute is beautiful.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Again, thank you all! Your words bring me a great deal of comfort.

I'm thinking that Lila's hole might be her final resting place. It seems appropriate. 

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

:beatheart :beatheart 

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Jerilyn, what beautiful and perfect tribute.  It must have been so hard to write, but I hope it brought you some comfort to celebrate your precious Lila, and to share her with us one last time.  She was so very special, and I can't imagine how much you will miss her.  You were meant to share each other's lives, and it could never have been long enough.

The pictures made me smile---her beauty, her silliness, her elevation of being a pesto to an art form.  And the alpacas.....oh, Lila, sweetheart, your friends and family will miss you too. :brokenheart

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

22 minutes ago, Patsy said:

Remind me of the alpaca thing please?

We were going to a meet and greet at a fall festival and had to walk past those alpacas. Lila was the sweetest, most gentle creature ever, but she saw those alpacas and turned into a barking, snarling, lunging beast! Years later we were at a farmer's market and this dog who never put her mouth on something that wasn't hers chomped some alpaca mittens right off the vendor's table. :wow :lol: 

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

On 12/11/2020 at 10:15 AM, Jerilyn said:

I'm thinking that Lila's hole might be her final resting place. It seems appropriate. 

It's perfect. :heart 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Lila, in the doggie paradise, all are issued these for chomping:

https://store.almanac.com/alpaca-fleece-outdoor-adventure-socks/

:pepper

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing her on here. Never a bad picture indeed. :wub:

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl.