Meet Petunia!

Time4ANap

After losing Rocket in October, the past few months have been a roller coaster of emotions, many exacerbated by the emptiness of this house without a dog and also from missing our boy. . We often had visits from Trolley and Snickers which helped immensely.

Earlier this week we met Petunia, a 10 year old broodie, (Racing Name MW Neptunia) who came to the group on a recent haul. Petunia came to our house today for a visit, and isn't leaving. The paperwork has already been signed this evening.

Everyone, Meet Petunia!

17b4qgR.jpg

She has proven to be bombproof. A 10 year old broodie who had 21 pups is just what this house needs at the moment to liven the place up.

We've only taken a few pictures today trying to give her some space, so will be posting some more in the next few days as she settles in.

Edited to add - DW got a couple of other photos while playing tonight, so here's a few more. She had a scuffle with another dog somewhere along the way, so you might see an old injury on her side - she's fine though.

DcgOHIJ.jpg

m3R5ahU.jpg

hv6miau.jpg

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheartShe need any stuffies??? :beatheart :beatheart :beatheart :beatheart

She's well stocked!

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Congrats. She is beautiful. :beatheart

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

This is the happiest news! :beatheart Welcome home Petunia! :beatheart She is perfect. Can knot wait for more pics and stories. Petunia. I cant stop saying it :lol Sooo happy for all of you :bighug

Rocket, you done good buddy.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Pretty pretty pretty Petunia! :beatheart

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh my word!!!!!! She's LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love broodies!!! :beatheart They are S-P-E-C-I-A-L and that is for real and for true. Welcome Petunia to the GT family. You are loved always and forever. I simply cannot wait to hear about the broodie adventures you will have. I have had 2 broodies in my family and everybody learned right quick that what Momma says goes :rules and Momma rules the roost. Even my MALIGATOR working K9 understood that broodies were not to be messed with and treated Momma with respect. The ONLY dog she has ever behaved to that way. And I came to cherish that broodie stubborn streak that was second to none. And I must mention the LOVE that broodies brought into my home and what wisdom you taught me. My first broodie Aggie actually championed and promoted senior adoption. She was 11 when she came from the farm and I adopted her. I must share a message that she wanted to tell people:

Aggie left this message about 2 weeks before she crossed over. It was published in the Voices of Nature newsletter put out by Morgine Jurdan
“Aggie Desperado”

14 ½ year old greyhound:

" LOVE is more magical than you could ever imagine. Loving without conditions creates more magic in your life than you could probably handle. You could let go of so much anger and judgments. You could always be forgiving no matter what anyone did or said to you. We dogs do this a lot. You could always welcome people home into your heart. You can still choose to not like certain people or what they might do or say. Yet you still love them inside, because that creates wonderful feelings inside you. You radiate those wonderful feelings and help others feel better. Love is magical. Love create smiles, and helps the world heal. Give more to yourself and share it with everyone!! The world will get brighter every day you do! Go for it! I am barking for your success!!"

What a wonderful year 2019 is turning out to be! :banana Again welcome Petunia :kiss2:beatheart

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Congreytulations to you all! Rocket would be so pleased that a lovely lady has come to grace his crib (as long, of course, as she didn't try to boss him around). And what a tribute to him, that you just couldn't wait any longer to offer a home to another greyhound who needed one.

A broodie -- has she lived in a house before? When you're able to take more pictures, we'd love to see her and Trolley and Snickers.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Honey is my 10 yr old broodie that says welcome home Petunia! I bet Rocket had a hand in sending her your way These old broods make good nurses if either of you get sick as Honey showed when I had a serious fall & hit my head knocking me out, she kept checking on me all night & made me get up every hour.. Glad you have her.

That face! She is absolutely adorable. Congrats! Seniors are the best.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Welcome home Petunia. She has the loveliest eyes and facial expression. This beauty looks like she is already quite at home. I look forward to seeing more photos. Congratulations!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Thanks everyone! She is settling in nicely and had a great first night here. Like Rocket, she apparently likes it when you cover her with a blanket. She was still under the blanket this morning and hadn't moved or kicked it off. (It's a little chilly in the desert at the moment, so the heat is on and blankets are needed at night.) She got up with DW at 6:30 and followed her around, then disappeared. DW found her back in the bedroom with me where we were both still sound asleep.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Congreytulations to you all! Rocket would be so pleased that a lovely lady has come to grace his crib (as long, of course, as she didn't try to boss him around). And what a tribute to him, that you just couldn't wait any longer to offer a home to another greyhound who needed one.

A broodie -- has she lived in a house before? When you're able to take more pictures, we'd love to see her and Trolley and Snickers.

We aren't sure how long she's been off the farm, but the haul she was on came in a few weeks ago. We don't know if she's been in other houses before this week although we suspect that she might have hung out in the house a little at the group's kennel. Petunia, Trolley and Snickers will be together this weekend, so more pics coming over the weekend.

Oh my word!!!!!! She's LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love broodies!!! :beatheart They are S-P-E-C-I-A-L and that is for real and for true. Welcome Petunia to the GT family. You are loved always and forever. I simply cannot wait to hear about the broodie adventures you will have. I have had 2 broodies in my family and everybody learned right quick that what Momma says goes :rules and Momma rules the roost. Even my MALIGATOR working K9 understood that broodies were not to be messed with and treated Momma with respect. The ONLY dog she has ever behaved to that way. And I came to cherish that broodie stubborn streak that was second to none. And I must mention the LOVE that broodies brought into my home and what wisdom you taught me. My first broodie Aggie actually championed and promoted senior adoption. She was 11 when she came from the farm and I adopted her. I must share a message that she wanted to tell people:

Aggie left this message about 2 weeks before she crossed over. It was published in the Voices of Nature newsletter put out by Morgine Jurdan
“Aggie Desperado”

14 ½ year old greyhound:

" LOVE is more magical than you could ever imagine. Loving without conditions creates more magic in your life than you could probably handle. You could let go of so much anger and judgments. You could always be forgiving no matter what anyone did or said to you. We dogs do this a lot. You could always welcome people home into your heart. You can still choose to not like certain people or what they might do or say. Yet you still love them inside, because that creates wonderful feelings inside you. You radiate those wonderful feelings and help others feel better. Love is magical. Love create smiles, and helps the world heal. Give more to yourself and share it with everyone!! The world will get brighter every day you do! Go for it! I am barking for your success!!"

What a wonderful year 2019 is turning out to be! :banana Again welcome Petunia :kiss2:beatheart

Thank you for this!

Edited by Time4ANap

Awww....she is beautiful! Congratulations! She looks so happy!!! I am hoping in a few months to post that we have adopted again. It is so hard being grey-less. Congrats again!!!

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

oh she is just beautiful!!! Congrats!!!! :kiss2:yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Awww....she is beautiful! Congratulations! She looks so happy!!! I am hoping in a few months to post that we have adopted again. It is so hard being grey-less. Congrats again!!!

Thank you. Yes, it is extremely hard to be grey-less. To be honest, we weren't ready until we met her, and then we just knew. Another hound will pick you before you know it!