Riley Roo 7/31/03 - 8/22/16

cello

It is with greyt sadness I share that Riley Roo has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. His poor back right leg just gave up, and his left one was already weak from an old racing injury. His mobility went downhill really quickly over the past 24 hours, and we had to let him go from his pain. Dan and I are just heartbroken. Lady is confused. Our house seems empty without our big Mama’s boy.

Riley Roo passed in my arms, wearing his blue Whirled Famous collar, with his head cushioned on Boo Bear. They will be cremated together.

No matter how many times we do this - and this is two in exactly three months - it never gets any easier.

We had the privilege to love our boy for exactly ten years. He was thirteen years old. He took a piece of our hearts with him to heaven this afternoon. He will never be forgotten.

Carol Ann & Dan

This photo was taken last week. Riley Roo and his beloved Boo Bear.

rileyroogoodbye.jpg

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for the loss of your boy. :grouphug

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

Many comforting hugs to you.... :bighug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I am so very, very sorry :( :( :(:cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Carol Ann, I am so sorry for your loss. i am sorry that I never got to meet Riley Roo but I felt like I knew him so well and loved him like my own.

Riley Roo, you and boo bear enjoy the party at the bridge with all your friends that are waiting for you.

Deb

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear, sweet boy. He looked so much little our little old guy, Paul, it took my breath away, for a second. I hope the two of them can meet up and spend the time together. Take care.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. Love the picture with his Boo Bear.

Run pain-free, Riley Roo. :f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life