Jeter Nov 1, 2010-Dec 6, 2021

EllenEveBaz

Jeterbug.  Jete-Jete.  Jeterdeter.  Jeterman.   He was limping on Friday evening, his wrist started to swell on Sat., and by Sunday his entire lower front leg was swollen.  I thought it was a simple injury, and maybe it was, or maybe a complication of whatever mysterious cancer he had.  But the swelling was not from injured tissue, but from his circulation system not able to handle the fluids, so I let him go.  He slipped away so quickly and peacefully.  

He came home in an opposite manner -- jumping on everything and everyone, so happy all the time.  Including his helicopter tail, which earned him new-dog-crate graduation after his first day, when I came home to a bloodbath from a wound that took months to heal.  The manners came quickly, because he was a sweet dog who wanted to please.  He loved everyone and every thing except for squirrels, loud motorcycles, thunder, landline phone ring, and certain intact male dogs who insisted on walking next to HIS fence.  He was Milo's hunting wingman, but his heart wasn't in it unless it was a squirrel.  His greatest hunting triumph came when he grabbed one of those tree rats right off the birdfeeder with a mighty leap in front of horrified guests watching through the picture window. 

Jeter was always interested in food prep, and in his later years developed a system of standing right at my hip in the kitchen, intently observing the food just a few inches away.  He'd touch his nose to me, just to let me know he was there if I needed his services.  But he never once attempted theft or even whining.  

It was so odd for this sweet dog to transform into Cujo with his sleep aggression.  It wasn't sleep startle, it was full on snarling, barking, look-you-in-the-eye-and-ready-to-take-you-out.  So he was allowed on the couch for socializing but not for sleep.  He lay on a dog bed at my feet, content to be in the same room as his person.  

Farewell, handsome Jeter.  You were always a favorite, from the racing kennel to the therapy dog visits.  You will always be missed,  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

So sorry You had to say goodbye to your fierce hunter :(

Remember all those good times …

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Nooooo! Not Jeter! Ellen, I am so sorry. You’re going to miss that elbow nudge from your scrap seeking kitchen helper boy. :grouphug

Godspeed Jeter :kiss2

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:f_whiteI am so very sorry for your loss.

Run - and jump - free, sweet Jeter :gh_run2

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Tears here. I am so sorry that his body decided that it was time. 

I never met Jeter, but over the years the Jeter stories and his antics told me that he and Rocket would have been best buddies. They were very much alike and Jeter along with his partner in crime Milo always had a story about their latest adventure. I am going to miss signing-on and discovering a new Jeter story here. 

Run-free, Jeter. :f_red

Tell Rocket and the GT gang at The Bridge that I said the first round is on them. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm so very sorry :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am crying for a dog I never met. I shall miss you, Jeter.  :(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

So very sorry for your loss of Jeter. He sounds like a wonderful friend to be with. Rest well sweet man.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

I am SO sorry to read this.

He sounds like he was a wonderful hound and friend.

I hope he is running free over the bridge and maybe found my sweet boy Sidney and sweet girl June to play with and show him around. 

May your wonderful memories comfort you. 

:grouphug

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

I am just so terribly sorry.  Jeter is one of those dogs that I just loved without ever meeting him.  I have a kitchen helper, too, and cannot imagine how difficult it is to prepare meals without your sidekick.

Wishing you peace. 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so very sorry. Your precious boy had to leave much too soon.

Godspeed Jeter.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)