Farewell Soleil (Lucky Latin) And Kira The Lurcher

kudzu

Soleil-Lucky Latin, 8/5/2007 to 11/5/2018; Sol, Soleil Ole O, Bubba, Bubba Brains, Goofus, Dork Brain Doofus Face, Spinner. My goofy, silly boy. Always attentive to me, including a few years working as a service dog. Even after retirement he could always be relied on to help me in the kitchen. Basically the command was "Oops" or one of several curse words. His response to these was even quicker than before retirement. That is likely because rather than being asked to retrieve, he was finally allowed to consume the dropped items. :bgeorge When he wanted attention he would play bow & spin several times in a row. If my response wasn't quick enough, he'd then use his "inside voice". Lather, rinse, repeat. He was our Spinner. He did this for fun and also to get attention. When he was in a really good mood he would spin dozens of times in a row. He was never good at spinning in one place and the others dogs learned to get the heck out of the way or risk becoming Sol's dance floor. Sol had a very mild amount of separation anxiety which he expressed by shredding whatever paper object came to mouth and leaving the shreds in the doorway. Even though he would often be asked to clean up after himself by retrieving those shreds. For a long time I would leave a napkin on a side table by my chair to serve as a decoy. This ensured nothing of any importance was shredded. After a while this was no longer needed, but I still often left one out of habit & those were usually shredded. I think by that point he considered it part of his job. Silly guy. He was a very happy, healthy boy, an 11 yo who still acted like 7, except when he was behaving like a puppy, right up until the last two weeks of life. The demon hemangiosarcoma claimed him. Goodbye, my sweet, silly Sol.

Kira-3/2005 to 11/16/2018; She was a rescue, a foster never meant to stay in my home. The circumstances of her rescue were unfortunate as she had a loving owner who fell on very hard times. The aftermath of all that contributed to a rather complicated situation which led to Kira getting stranded at with us for so long that I just gave up attempting to find her a new home. After a year, I quit calling her a foster. She was mine for good. Kira was half Kazakh Tazi, half Greyhound X Border Collie, part of a litter bred for falconry. She got along with dogs, cats, birds, bunnies, or any animal that didn't try to bite. She had a houndish obsession with scents. She also had an unusual type of noise phobia. She was terrified of all loud noises except gunfire. She had storm phobia which may have been an offshoot of her noise phobia or perhaps it was the other way round. Just the sound of rain would scare her. However, when things were calm & quiet she was a happy-go-lucky goofball. Her intense love of playing ball must have come from her Border Collie grandparent. For some reason she chose rolling onto her back and scooching around like an upside down sidewinder as a way to get our attention. It always worked & never failed to make us laugh.. Kira was our only dog who loved going camping. (The others just tolerated it.) She enjoyed hiking, but most loved trotting along next to my recumbent trike, stopping again & again & again to sniff things, peeing a gazillion times so all the other camp dogs would know she'd passed by. Though she had some renal insufficiency for years, it was severe spinal arthritis that finally caught up with her. Life became a burden to her, rather than a blessing. Letting her go was one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. Goodbye, Kira, our lovable, happy + anxious, mixed bag of a hound with a truly gentle soul.

Farewell, my friends, my loves. We will miss you terribly and always remember your wonderful, funny, goofy personalities. We were blessed to have you in our lives.

:sad1:brokenheart

I have placed Soleil :angelwings and Kira :angelwings side by side on the November Bridge angels list. They are in good company.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm so sorry. One is hard enough, and two in a short time .....

Godspeed, good dogs :wub: :wub: .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

{{{Kudzu}}} How are you upright? My heart breaks for you. I am so terribly sorry for your double loss. What grand lives you gave those sweeties, and they right back to you. :grouphug

Godspeed Sol and Kira. Such good dogs.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So very sorry for your loss.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I'm so sorry.

Run-free Sol and Kira. :f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm so sorry for the loss of your canine friends. Always blue skies. Godspeed, Kira and Soleil.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

:(

So very, very sorry for the loss of your Soleil and Kira.

:bighug

Remember the good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Farewell, beautiful Soleil and beautiful Kira. May your spirits find the Bridge calm, quiet, surrounded by friends and love, and with lots of open places for spinning and upside-down sidewinding.

:grouphug Kudzu :grouphug I am so sorry.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I am so sorry :( :( that is too much for 1 month. :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh, I'm so sorry you've lost two precious dogs so close together. They both sound like wonderful, unique characters, and you must have a huge empty space in your home and heart.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I’m so sorry for your losses.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross