Emma Went On Her Final Journey

dixidoll

Emma my Whippet, my soul mate hound crossed over August 11. The mitral value and CHF finally won. You can fight this disease, but it always wins. At age 7 cardiologist diagnosed mirtal valve and said she has 6 mo to 1 year. We did everything possible,keeping track of her stats each day, changing meds and doses as needed, X-ray's, blood work, the disease won. Emma was a fighter, instead of 1year, we got 5 years. She was 2 months short of 12 years old. She was her usual self that evening. 5 a.m. she came to my bedside and collapsed. I knew she was dying. I held her, told her how much we love her, and had to watch her die. The cords in her heart finally broke, no blood with oxygen was pumping through. She was gone but we saw her heart pumping in her rib cage for about 1 minute. We are broken, devastated. In the end her heart kept beating, but was broken.

We love these hounds so very much, they give is their life, total love, and take care of us emotionally. Emma was very special, she was here to get me through some really rough times. We love Dolly, Fergie and Hope dearly but Emma fighting for her life so hard for 5 years became my little miracle everyday. Dolly just had her 15th birthday last week, doing great for her age, but we know her time is limited. Parting with them is the hardest, most painful, devastating thing in my life. Run free my sweet Emma.

24 pounds of total love. My life companion, travel buddy, work companion therapy dog, emotional support, my everything.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my whippet at 15.5 years - 4.5 years longer then they said I would have him. Broke my heart. Hugs to you.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Rest well, sweet Emma--your heart is whole now but your family's is broken. Wishing you all peace and comfort. :grouphug

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Peace to your broken heart. Run with the angels, sweet Emma.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

So very sorry for the loss of your sweet little girlie.

You gave her a wonderful life and must have have so many wonderful memories. Remember them and smile...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss. Godspeed, sweetie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

The first and last thing Emma heard was you telling her how much you loved her. I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Godspeed sweet girl.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so very sorry. She was able to stay with you much longer than the vets predicted, but not nearly long enough.

Godspeed Emma.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

She fought to be with you as long as she could, just as you fought to keep her well. She came to you to say goodbye knowing that you loved her and showing her love for you, hold that in your heart.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

How you loved her! I'm glad you had so much more time than expected (though it's never enough), and so sorry you lost your precious Emma.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown