Brin D'amour 11-April-2006 To 25-June-2017

vsrenard

There is so much I could say about my beautiful little brindle beast, whom we lost suddenly and tragically almost two weeks ago, but I still don't have the words to describe this loss. Brin came to us as a three-year-old and she made sure everyone knew her racing days were over. A timid hound with striking markings that often earned her names like "tiger" and "cheetah," Brin d'Amour was named for an elusive Corsican cheese loosely translated as "wisp of love." She did, in fact, love cheese, and could be roused from a deep sleep just by the sound of Tillamook cheddar being grated three rooms away.

Originally a Florida dog, Brin adapted to a slow coastal lifestyle well, all except for her terror of kites, parasails, and even flags fluttering in the sky. We used to joke that she worried the alien mother ship would come take her away. As if we would ever allow that. Although she joined our pack to give her sister (Gorgon)Zola companionship, Brin quickly established she was no adventure dog. Even after a 1,500-mile road trip across the country, she reacted to reaching our vacation spot not by joining her sister in a romp across fresh summer grass, but by seeking refuge in the foot well of our car. She managed to tear herself out of the car only to sit in our empty suitcase in the closet for two full days.

She plotted to spend her retirement by sampling every soft surface, whether that meant her many dog beds or the couches, blankets, and even bubble-wrap made available to her. Every day was a quest for the perfect nap and while she did get mildly annoyed when interrupted by pets and belly rubs, her apparent disdain was belied by her gentle groans and sleepy eyes, and the way she stretched out for maximum access.

An expert in self-pedicures, at least of her dewclaws, and a lover of Tuffy's dog toys that she never actually chewed, Brin was happiest at home with her family, all of us in one room. Though we don't have kids and Brin was never bred, she was surprisingly interested in the screams and hollers of our niece and nephews. In fact, when they were babies, she came to find an adult every time one of them cried. I wonder what went through her pointy head in those moments.

We had expected to have Brin for many years yet, and planned to spoil her as our only child. She truly became a different dog after Zola passed, more confident and vocal, spirited in claiming us as her people. We wanted to give her that special time to be our sole focus. I hope she knew how beloved she is, forever our "good girl," our beautiful little wisp of love.

35757901555_e05357c153_z.jpg

Edited by vsrenard

Missing Zola, my hero and my heart; and Brin, my baby dog, my wisp of love.

A beautiful girl who left way too early. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Run-free, Brin. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Your girl was absolutely beautiful! I am so very sorry for your loss.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Such a beautiful tribute. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

I'm so very sorry. Your beautiful and special little girl left much too soon.

Godspeed Brin.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girlie.

Remember the good times ...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I am so very sorry :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I have been through this lately too! I am so sorry! Your girl was beautiful. I am glad you have such awesome memories. They are truly awesome companions! They truly leave a hole in our hearts when they leave.

Edited by Dawnnziggy

Your tribute is beautiful, Vanitha, thank you for sharing your precious Brin with us. I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.