Iker

robinw

The gentlest, sweetest, most resilient little Galgo.

Until we meet again.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Noooooo. Oh Robin I am so terribly sorry. This is a shock to see. I loved your sweet boy so much. :grouphug :grouphug

Godspeed dear Iker. Your mom loved and loves you sooo very much.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Robin, I am so sorry.

I'm one of the fortunate who got to meet this sweet boy at Dewey. Once again, I find myself with tears streaming for a dog who wasn't my own. We will miss Iker here.

Iker, go find Rocket and the rest of the crew. They'll show you around. Run-free sweet boy. :f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I am so very sorry, Robin. :f_white

Run free, sweet Iker. :gh_run2

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Oh, Robin. I am so sorry. What happened? I didn't know if he were ill. What a shock for all of us.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Oh, Robin. I am so sorry. What happened? I didn't know if he were ill. What a shock for all of us.

It was a shock to me, too. Liver failure. Seemed to happen incredibly fast but of course he would have been ill for quite a while. Tuesday they thought it was manageable pancreatitis, by this morning he looked like he was near death (he was), had completely stopped eating, and was incredibly weak.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

The thread title alone brought tears to my eyes. Robin, my heart aches for you. Bless you for providing the things Iker needed most at the time he needed them. May that be some comfort as you deal with this loss.

Iker, I salute you. You lived through hell and made it out, though you bore visible scars of that for the rest of your life. Through it all you remained your sweet, gentle self. You were a global traveler. You found a wonderful, loving home. You opened your heart to the person who brought you there and over time you learned to trust and have fun. You found another galgo friend and roommate, half a world away from where you both started. I believe you learned to feel safe, comfortable, happy and content. That is what we all want and all any of us really need. Run free, Iker, feeling safe and happy for all eternity.

Laura

oh no :( :( :( not sweet Iker :( :( :cry1 I am so very, very sorry, Robin :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry for your loss.

He was so lucky to have you looking out for him.

Godspeed, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Robin, I am so sorry to hear this. Iker will always have a special place in my heart. I remember how much Brooke loved him too. He had such a sweet gentle nature. Dave will be so sad too, he loved Iker too.

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

My heart plummeted when I saw his name. Your sweet, sweet handsome boy. :grouphug

Iker, I salute you. You lived through hell and made it out, though you bore visible scars of that for the rest of your life. Through it all you remained your sweet, gentle self. You were a global traveler. You found a wonderful, loving home. You opened your heart to the person who brought you there and over time you learned to trust and have fun. You found another galgo friend and roommate, half a world away from where you both started. I believe you learned to feel safe, comfortable, happy and content. That is what we all want and all any of us really need. Run free, Iker, feeling safe and happy for all eternity.

Plus you brought happiness to so many. The most intense happiness to you, Robin, but also to those who met him in person or through GT.

:grouphug to you, and extra :grouphug to Xavi.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Dewey Beach 2015

21470091523_dcba0364fc_z_d.jpg

We loved your shy, gentle boy, Robin. We are so sorry that he is gone. We will toast to him at Gettysburg. :heart

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Iker was my first introduction to galgos. He was a survivor and a gentle soul. You gave him a great life. Despite what Xavi says, dont pee on Beatrix when you see her over the bridge.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)