robinw

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. <3

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

The thread title alone brought tears to my eyes. Robin, my heart aches for you. Bless you for providing the things Iker needed most at the time he needed them. May that be some comfort as you deal with this loss.

Iker, I salute you. You lived through hell and made it out, though you bore visible scars of that for the rest of your life. Through it all you remained your sweet, gentle self. You were a global traveler. You found a wonderful, loving home. You opened your heart to the person who brought you there and over time you learned to trust and have fun. You found another galgo friend and roommate, half a world away from where you both started. I believe you learned to feel safe, comfortable, happy and content. That is what we all want and all any of us really need. Run free, Iker, feeling safe and happy for all eternity.

Laura

Beautifully put, Laura...

Robin - I'll always love Iker - he was such a sweetheart... I'm so sorry...

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)

Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe Iker left. My first thought was maybe there are 2 Iker's and this was a different one but no, I knew. And of course there is and will forever be only one Iker. I was just talking about him last week in reference to the World Galgo day. I will NEVER forget him.. He is always a super special one! I will never forget actually getting to meet him at the Shamrock Festival in Louisville so many years ago. He kind of made me awe struck just being that close to him-I really marvelled at his wonderful strong energy and despite all he had been through at the hands of humans I sensed a kindness and nobleness in him. It was clear though he had something that elevated him to a different level than most. My heart is breaking for you. I hope he sends you a sign. He deserves all the best. I know Rocket & Gilly Boy & Joe T. Reporter, and Slim & Seamie & George of New England & Princess Leia & the others---I can just see the whole entire gang living it up at the rainbow bridge. My deepest sympathy. If there is anything I can do don't hesitate to let me know. Hugs. Run free & fast precious Iker! Feel the freedom of the wind racing by :beatheart. :grouphug:weep

:f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :gh_run

Robin, I'm just so heavy hearted and sad that Iker left. I will NEVER take his picture off our fridge. He's such a sweet, good, handsome boy and I love him so much. As Tricia said, we will toast him at Gettysburg. Hang in there, friend. XO

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

I'm so very sorry. And so very glad that he got to know love from you.

I am holding you and Xavi in my thoughts and in my heart.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Miss. Robin, we ar finking ov yu and sending yu and Xavi likky kissis and nose nudges to halp heel yur harts now that Missr. Iker iz att the bridg, we know how mutch yu will miss him.

Chancey and Nutmeg in Reel Engaland.

Luv frum Mum too.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

I'm so, so sorry Robin. Iker will be remembered by many.

:f_white:f_white

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Just tuned in today. So sorry you had to say goodbye to your beautiful boy.

Looking at his photos I can see the wonderful strength of character Iker had/has.

He was so lucky to have known the love and compassion of humans...…………..HIS humans.

Feeling for you at such a sad time. :heart

Wobbin - look at the names of all who are hugging you. It is a roll call of the old guard. :grouphug

Yep - and the old guard remembers!

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)

Oh my gosh, i have a lump in my throat. I am so sorry...run free Iker.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Dewey Beach 2015

21470091523_dcba0364fc_z_d.jpg

We loved your shy, gentle boy, Robin. We are so sorry that he is gone. We will toast to him at Gettysburg. :heart

Such a beautiful picture of a beautiful soul. I am truly very sorry Robin. Your special boy came such a long way both physically and mentally it hurts to know he has left. To be honest I saw his name here last week and just closed my browser as it hurt to see it. Again so very sorry Robin.

Run free Iker, run free sweetie...

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.