Stewie 09/22/09-10/05/18

Charlies_Dad

My sweet boy left yesterday and his leaving has broken my heart. It was unexpected and we thought we had a fighting chance but the prognosis was very poor and he was in pain. I could not do that to my sweet boy. Stewie was the best Grey, sweet, docile, loved attention and would always paw for more. He picked me when I visited the kennel in St Albanys, VT and even when I walked away from him twice to see what he would do, he would follow and come up and lean on me. This was after seeing whether two other pups would pick me and thinking I did not want another fawn as it would remind me of Charlie. Alas Stewie has other ideas and I am so thankful he did. I loved my boy, he was my special boy who always had so sweet eyes for me. I am very angry and sad he left after just turning nine, we have not been lucky with our pups with Charlie making to 9.5yrs and due to Lynns health issues, we dont know if more Greys are in our future.

Do me the one favour and keep loving your pups and never ever stop adopting these incredible creatures. They are just truly so very special.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Kyle, I'm so sorry that you had to go through this again so soon. We always loved your posts about both Charlie and Stewie.

:f_red Run free, Stewie.

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Oh Kyle.......

I'm so so sorry you had to lose Stewie so soon. Sometimes, it's just not fair.

Run In Peace Stewie. You will be missed............

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Kyle, I’m so very worry. I’ve always had a soft spot for your dogs. I’m sure he’s found Charlie by now. Hugs to you and Lynn.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

{{{Kyle and Lynn}} I literally gasped seeing this. My heart goes out you. This is just not fair. Stewie has always been the most fun to read about, you gave him such a grand life. I am deeply sorry that you werent afforded more time together. :grouphug

Godspeed Stewie.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Kyle and Lynn - one again we faced loss at the same time......rivie and Charlie we’re both battling osteo and lost their battle about the same time. And now sweet Stewie and Ronee (we had to send her to the bridge 2 weeks ago). I know Lynn has had health issues as I have had and I’ll bet that Stewie was as good of nurse to her as Ronee was for me. So brave, so loyal and loving and in our hearts forever. What a great life Stewie and Ronee had. My sympathy to you guys - Teri

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Super Stewie. It's never enough time but it's especially crushing when they are so young. Rest well, Stewie, and look after your mom and dad.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I'm so incredibly sorry. Your precious boy left much too soon.

Godspeed Stewie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

My heart lurched when I saw Stewie's name here. Kyle and Lynn, I am so very sorry. :grouphug

I hope that his spirit has found those of the rest of your beloved animals.

I'm so sorry.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Not Stewie! :( :( :( I am so very, very sorry your sweet boy had to leave you. Sending tons of hugs. :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

So sorry to read how your Stewie's time came far too soon. Even if they make it to 13 it's still too soon. :bighug

When the time is right, don't necessarily rule out another; my experience has been that they can help keep us stable when dealing with a family illness.

Oh no!

So sorry you had to say goodbye to your handsome Stewie.

Damn Evil C.

Take care of yourselves....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Oh, no! So sad that he couldn't have stayed with you longer. I'm so very sorry you lost your precious Stewie.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It feels especially unfair when they have to leave us so young.

Godspeed, beloved Stewie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Kyle, I am so sorry for your loss. Stewie made a very special connection with you. It is heartbreaking when a much loved dog leaves far too early.

Rest well sweet Stewie. :f_white

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Thank you everyone. Stewie was our heart healer after losing Charlie and Jack so close to one another. He was a very special boy and allowed all our small pups, angel Peanut, angel Angie and our current little one Tia to play with him, take his bed from him and even steal his peanut butter jars without a growl. He would just look at us with those big sad brown eyes with the look of whoa is me. I loved him for this and so much more. I have videos of him being chased by Tia, all 14lbs of her, how many Greys would allow and enjoy that with a goofy smile on his face. He always knew he was faster but boy did he give some chances to just get close enough and then he was off again. I miss my walks with him as there is something so very special to have such a strong and beautiful creature walking right beside you close enough that I just had to extend my fingers and they would be stroking his bunny fur. Wherever we went for a walk, all eyes were on him as he was such a beautiful boy and I guess the sight of an 82 pound muscular pup with a tiny 14lb one walking side by side was a funny picture but to me, it was perfect. Went for a long walk on the beach yesterday, the first without him although I think I could feel him beside me. About to go on another with little Tia and it will be difficult but I also know he loved his little sis and would not want to deprive her.

Again thank you for the kind words. I have been missing from GT for a while due to Lynns illnesses and honestly concerns over Stewie as this year he had a few issues since our return from Florida. None seemed serious and all tests showed nothing but obviously there was something there that X-rays, CT scans, numerous blood tests, multiple vets could not find.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.