Goose And Maverick - Together Again

dante2zoe

Cindy, you know you have been in my heart and my prayers. {{{HUGS}}} to you and Fancy, and everyone Chez McNealy.

Run far and fast and free sweet boy. You and Goose are flying high together again.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your heart must be broken into a million pieces......

the only thing that might bring you a tiny smile is imagining the reunion of those 2 special boys.

I'm so very sorry.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Cindy, I am so so sorry. Sadly, I know what it's like to lose 2 close together. It's painful beyond measure. Take care of yourself :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry you lost your 2 precious boys, especially so close together. I too know how devastating that is. I hope you and Fancy find comfort in each other, and in knowing they are together.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I haven't been on the computer for a few days. I was shocked and saddened to see Big Mav went to fly with his brother Goose. I am so very, very sorry. My heart is broken with yours. Big hugs from me, Gracie Mae, and Kyle too. Fly high and far Maverick and Goose, and send your Mom and Ms. Fancy a sign that you are ok.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Maverick, the pattern is clear, you may do a high speed low level fly by, goose has your six

Oh greyt. Now I'm crying all over again.

Goose and Mav were greytly loved and are now pain free. :gh_runner

At least, I keep telling myself that to distract me from the grief.

Love and hugs to Miss Fancy. :heart

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

I'm so sorry for your loss. That is such a beautiful picture of the two of them!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Guest IrskasMom

Cindy , I don't remember where or when we met and I do remember Goose and Maverick. . It was a long, long time ago . I am so sorry for your Loss. Sending you my Sympathy .

I am crying for you all. What hard and horrible blows. Sending extra special hugs and gentle muzzle tracings to Ms Fancy.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

My deepest sympathy. The bonded pairs can be tough. I know for a fact my Bobber left to be with her Momma Seabird. Greyhounds have soo much love for everybody -human and animal. Maverick got his wingman back. :grouphug

:f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :gh_run2:gh_run

I'm so incredibly sorry. To lose both your boys so young and so close together...there are no words. I am heartbroken for you and Fancy.

Godspeed Maverick.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest SoulsMom

I am so sorry. What a shocking loss :weep

That's kind of how I felt when I lost Zoe and SoulMan so close together. That one went to guide the other.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss! :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway