Goose And Maverick - Together Again

dante2zoe

I cannot believe that I am writing this. On March 26, 2016, Goose crossed due to a nerve sheath tumor that had been diagnosed 2 weeks earlier. Only 9. We finally got our new normal about a month later. Maverick celebrated his 10th birthday without his littermate and wingman Thursday. Everything looked good and he was a happy guy. Saturday morning, he was running in the yard with Fancy and his leg broke.

I am without words to do my boys justice. They were so bonded to each other and to us. Miss Fancypants and I have a whole lot of healing to do. She has never been an only before and it is not her.

Hug your hounds, please. I want my boys back, but I guess Goose needed Maverick more.

13692517_10154378843613910_2927270966470

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine what you are feeling. :(

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Tears. We are so sorry for you and your family Cindy, but Goose needed his brother more as you said.

:f_white:f_white

Tin

Edited by mom2four

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's so hard losing two so close together.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Oh Cindy...my heart is breaking for you, your kids and for Fancy.

Only we know what a small price we pay for the love we have received from our pets.

The sadness and loss, no matter how powerful it may be, is an insufficient measure of the joy we have been given.

Remember all the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss. Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Love, hugs, and schnoofs to you and yours. Fly free, brothers.

Ps--that picture is so sweet, I tear up every time I see it.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

{{Cindy}} In tears here. Littermates are so incredibly special. The only light is that your boys are together again. :inlove I am so sorry you are facing yet another new normal. Give yourself time. How blessed you all were to have shared your lives together. I am so very sorry :grouphug

Godspeed Mav, sweet boy. LadyBug and Zeke, and Segugio and TPGIT will love hanging out with you and Goose.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So sorry. Both Miriam and I know how you feel. Roy works about 2 1/2 hours away and is only home on weekends. The quiet is deafening around here. Miriam does not do well as an only child either. She hasn't shown interest in cookies since we put Pogo down last week and I finally got her to eat tonight (wouldn't touch food for the last 2 days), it took scrambled eggs and homemade doggy stew.

Sending hugs. :grouphug

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

I am so sorry to see this. I've loved following Maverick's adventures here on GT.

Run pain-free, Maverick. :f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Oh how crushing! I'm so deeply sorry about your sudden and terribly untimely loss of Maverick.

Eventually, may happier memories of your beloved boys help fill the huge void left in your heart.

Our supportive thoughts are with you and Miss Fancypants as you find new, special ways to deepen your relationship together.

Godspeed Maverick, now forever bonded with brother Goose... until you all meet again.

:f_red

Cindy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I never expected to see Mav's name on here. I truly feel he needed his brother. They are now together forever.

May you & Fancy find a new normal. Hugs to you both.

Fly fast & free, Maverick & Goose. We'll never forget you.

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi