My Boy Taylor

Taylor, you show 'em how it's done! Wonderful!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is a day of celebration.......it's Taylor's ONE year ampuversary and 15 months since diagnosis with Osteo.

He had his every 3 months checkup with his oncologist 11 days ago, and chest x-rays and blood work are fine!!

He's a happy boy.

0409160926_resized_zps9czeet8j.jpg005_zpshnfxmels.jpg

006_zpsioxdj5ve.jpg

:balloonparty:yay:clap:confetti

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

• 2 months later...

This afternoon, Taylor had his every 3 month check up with his oncologist.

The doctor saw what looked like a nodule in a few views of the chest x-rays.

The radiologist's report confirmed showing a suspected 0.7 cm nodule in the lung, near the aorta.

It was not on the chest x-rays 3 months ago.

Taylor is feeling fine. Acting fine. Looking fine. Eating well.

It's been 1 year, 5 months, and 12 days since diagnosis of Osteosarcoma in his right front "wrist".

It's been 1 year, 2 months, and 12 days since amputation.

Taylor is now 7-1/2 years old and a BIG boy (90 pounds)

He had Carboplatin chemo.

The doctor and I discussed the options for care.

We could wait and x-ray in another 3 to 4 weeks, but since we don't know how long that nodule has been there or how fast it growing, the doctor said that waiting could possibly mean a larger nodule and maybe more nodules.

We decided the best thing to do is to start Palladia, the oral pill form of Chemo.

Taylor didn't have much of any kind of reaction to his earlier chemo treatments. Most dogs don't.

It's pretty much a "given" that Osteo comes back, and usually in the lungs.

The medical people pretty much all agree that Taylor has been a "miracle" patient doing this well for this long.

I promised him when he came to me 4-1/2 years ago that I would always take care of him.

He's a happy boy.

Loves and demands rides and walks 2-3 times a day, along with Face who just turned 6 years old.

He RUNS and leaps and spins in the back yard.

My thanks to you all these past months, for all of your thoughts and caring.

Here is what Taylor thinks of cancer:

002_zpshobp7xoo.jpg

Taylor, I have another gesture that reflects my feelings on cancer, but I won't share it here. I hope you have many, many more happy days ahead, with lots of rides, beach walks, and treats.

You're all in my thoughts.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Taylor, my friend, please fight, you've been doing a great job and we're all so very proud of your progress!

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Hugs and hopes it's just a blip on the radar for your good happy boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Taylor has a strong spirit and that will help with this new fight. We had our Charlie on Palladia and he tolerated it fine. It is very expensive and this was several years ago, something like $350/mth if I recall correctly. I believe we sourced it from our vet.

Continued good thoughts for your beautiful boy.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

He's a strong boy, Mark, and he's done so well. He'll keep fighting. I'm sure you've read that Pogo's lung mets had disappeared and shrunk in his last Xray. I was just asking about how he was doing over on the Osteo thread. Curious about that rapamycin w/Palladia combo. Wonder if your vet could get his/her hands on that. Maybe compassionate-use access?

We're all rooting for Taylor!

Taylor. Hang in there dude, we are cheering for you.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.