My Boy Taylor

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor does look fantastic. Face seems to be proudly saying, Yep, that's my big bro!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Digesting breakfast.
Face (against the couch) spends more time upside down then rightside up.
Taylor (4 weeks since amputation), used to roach in a bolster bed, or up against some furniture, but for the past week, he's roaching EVERYWHERE!!

IMG_1857_zpson2n43rw.jpg

IMG_1858_zpsmjlohbpd.jpg

Guest Lygracilux

I just read through this whole thread while at work (its a slow day lol)

Just wanted to give you my sincere happiness and well wishes for you & your hounds.

So very touched an happy that Taylor is doing well :)

Aww, he looks great! Did his pathology report come back yet? I'm curious about the final verdict, and if they included the mitotic index.

The lymph node has hyperplastic and reactive changes. There is no

evidence of metastatic malignancy.

The initial sections of bone are necrotic and there is loss of a large

portion of the medullary cavity. Additional sections will be processed

and evaluated. Final results will be reported as soon as possible.

***ADDENDUM, ADDITIONAL TISSUE, 4/29/15***

Additional section of the bone are evaluated. The samples have a

similar area of necrosis and hemorrhage within the medulla. There is

robust reactive bone along the perimeter. Intratrabecular areas

occasionally contain loosely arranged spindle cells and multinucleated

cells associated with spicules of osteoid. Individual cells have oval

nuclei, fine chromatin, small nucleoli and fibular eosinophilic

cytoplasm. Mitotic activity is difficult to evaluate due to necrosis

and the widespread nature of the neoplastic cells. There is less than

one per high power field. Nuclei are mild to moderately pleomorphic.

The findings are consistent with osteosarcoma.

Um, does he ever go "right side up"? He always seems to be 'upside down". :lol

Surgery was 4 weeks ago.

He used to roach, but with the support of a bolster bed or a wall or some furniture, but for the past 2 weeks, he has been roaching anywhere and everywhere!!!

Napping with Face, after shopping for around a half an hour this morning in the Downtown Melbourne, FL Historic District.

We stop in at stores here and there (they have COOKIES), and meet lots of people out on the street.

They always got lots of attention, wherever we go, but now I am washing lipstick off the top of his head many times when we get home.

He has always LOVED hugs and he's getting plenty of them now from lots of people.

5 weeks after amputation, and for the past 2 weeks, he has been roaring around the back yard many times a day.

001_zpshwb9uw5f.jpg

Another busy morning of 20 minutes of walking the boardwalk at the beach (80 and sunny with a nice ocean breeze), and then a stop at the pool supply store for COOKIES!!

Now it's time to "air things out".

001_zpseleofvqu.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Today is 2 months since Taylor had his front right leg amputated, and 5 months today since he was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma.

He is a happy boy. He has always been a happy boy the last 3-1/2 years we have been together (he is 6-1/2 years old).

Within 2 weeks after surgery, we were back to rides/walks.

He (and Face), love, DEMAND going out for a ride 2-3 times a day, and then taking walks.

He runs in the back yard just as fast on 3 legs as he did on 4 legs.

Walks for Taylor means "working the crowd".

They've always gotten a lot of attention, and if possible, Taylor now gets even more hugs and pets and kisses on his head, and he just stands there quietly, loving it.

I promised him the day he came home to me 3-1/2 years ago (and Face 2 years ago), that I would always take care of him, make him feel as comfortable as possible for as long as possible, and make every day as good a day as it can possibly be.

He's my baby. My sweet, mellow, laid back big boy.

I feel so blessed that he came into my life.

Thank you all for your support and caring.

006_zpshcgt9dpa.jpg

001_zpstafuah2b.jpg

002_zpsb08c5nsk.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsbcup4nia.jpg