My Boy Taylor

Today is one year since my heart sank when Taylor was diagnosed with Osteo in his right front leg.

Today is 9 months since his leg was amputated.

Last night at 11:30 PM, he was FLYING around the back yard, leaping and spinning and running.

Then it was time to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

He's a happy boy.

004_zpshl6pd4af.jpg

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is wonderful!!! :D :D :D

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

13 months since diagnosis of Osteo in his right front leg.

10 months since amputation.

This morning, Taylor was running/leaping/spinning in the back yard.

This afternoon, we went "shopping" downtown, and he met around a dozen people.

Lots of hugs and kisses on his head, and people telling him what a good boy he is.

Then he came home to rest with his monkey.

Taylor's a happy boy.

0210161232_resized_zpswtrmbrnj.jpg

He's doing fantastic!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• 1 month later...

Taylor (7 years old this past December) had his checkup Wednesday with his oncologist......"ALL CLEAR!!!!!!! :yay:yay

His every 3 month chest x-rays and physical: FINE

His every 6 month blood work: FINE

In 10 days, it will be ONE year since amputation on April 10, 2015 , and also it will be 15 months since diagnosis with Osteosarcoma of his right front leg on January 10, 2015 .

Treatment started immediately in January.

Once a week for 4 weeks of radiation, and once every 3 weeks of the bone strengthening drug, Zoledronate.

Chemo, Carboplatin (provided at N/C from Ohio State University) was given once a month for 4 months.

Taylor is a happy boy. He loves and demands rides and walks 2-3 times a day. We're out every day, having out own "meet and greets".

People are amazed to see how well he is doing, and smile when I tell them he runs around the back yard like a lunatic.

He loves the attention and the hugs and kisses on his head. He goes from person to person with Face, looking for attention and hopefully treats!!

0330162236_resized_zps4g8tq9bc.jpg

You must be feeling lots of emotions right now...relief and joy. I'm so happy for you

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

That is fantastic news! Keep it up Taylor!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.