My Boy Taylor

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We so love to hear good news – that he is energetic and loving life. He has a beautiful spirit. Hoping for improved x-rays in 4 weeks. Hang in there, Taylor!

Edited by Roux

:bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:bighug

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

• 4 weeks later...

Taylor had his checkup Wednesday with his oncologist.
Blood work was fine. Just like last month.
Chest x-rays showed that the chemo pills (Palladia) that he has been on for 3 months are working pretty good.
The nodule in his lung, found 3 months ago and doubled in size after 2 months, has not grown any more.

So, he will stay on the chemo pills (with no side effects), and he will go back in 1 month for blood work, and have chest x-rays in 2-3 months as long as he continues to feel as good as he does, and that's fine.

It's been 20 months since he was diagnosed with bone cancer in his right front wrist, and 17 months since amputation.

He runs in the back yard, and leaps and spins, and loves and demands rides and walks 2-3 times a day.

He's a happy boy.

thumbnail_IMG_20160915_094735521_zpsuwgu

Taylor! :beatheart:yay:P

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

:yay

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• 2 weeks later...

:wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Aww, how hamp-shum! Gyros are great! :beatheart

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

• 2 weeks later...

Taylor had a checkup and blood work yesterday.

All is fine!!!!!

It's 1 year and 9 months after diagnosis for Osteosarcoma in his right front wrist.

1 year and 6 months after amputation.

He's 7 years and 10 months old, my first greyhound, and with me almost 5 years

He's a HAPPY BOY!!!

He hops and spins and has a helicopter tail when I come home (even if just gone for 10 minutes).

He runs faster in the back yard than 4 legged Face, and loves and demands his rides and walks 2-3 times a day.

He has grabbed rats and possums off the top of the 6' tall privacy fence.

He loves all the attention he gets from people we meet every day.

You can see how stressed out he is.

005_zpskunzqvrs.jpg

Good boy Taylor!

Hooray for Taylor!! :beatheart:cheers