Facebook 6/21/10-5/22/24

Beachbum1

Oh Mark, I had a feeling. I am so very sorry. While your heart is broken, your boys are all together again now, watching over you. Seamie :heart :brokenheart will put something special on the grill. 

You take such good care of your boys. If only love could heal everything…

Godspeed Facebook f_yellow

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I had the same feeling. :brokenheart 

I am so sorry, Mark. He had the best life with you, as have all of your boys. What a reunion they must be having.

Rest well, Facebook, and please send your dad a sign. :grouphug 

• Like 1

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

Facebook, you were indeed a very good boy.  :sad1 You will be greatly missed by us all.

• Like 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am so very sorry for the loss of your handsome boy.  11 years is wonderful, but it is never enough.  Wishing you peace.  

• Like 1

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Facebook was not just a very good boy, he was a great boy.  We are so sorry for this terrible loss.  :grouphug 

May his spirit run with the wind.  

• Like 1

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I'm so very sorry that your very good boy had to leave.

Godspeed Facebook.

• Like 1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so very sorry for your loss.  We all feel like we knew Facebook very well and will miss him.

Don't be sad.jpg

• Like 1

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry for your heartbreaking loss. Fly with the Angel's Facebook.

• Like 1

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Posted (edited)

:f_red:grouphug

Edited by Annette
  • Like 1

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Thanks for all of your heartfelt messages.
I have read them all.
I keep looking for him.
Hearing noises in the house and for a second think it's him.
All my boys are together now.
All healthy and strong, and I know I will be with them all again, someday.
No photo description available.

• Like 2

Well, I started a post here yesterday but must not have finished it. 

Taylor, Facebook, Jagger and Mark have been a big part of our lives since shortly after Taylor arrived. What many here don't know is that Mark and I are in contact just about every day by text, phone or email, so I feel like we've also lost one of our own hounds. All these years later, Mark and I have never met in person and I never got to meet any of his hounds, but had tears rolling down my face for the loss of each one. Losing Facebook is like the end of an era, much like when we lost Rocket and said "no more dogs." (Look how that turned out.) Mark gave each of those boys a life like no other with outings and car rides almost every day. They met thousands of people over the years on their walks and hundreds if not thousands of people followed Taylor through his cancer journey and tunred to Mark for advice and experience when dealing with their own dogs who had been diagnosed. 

Facebook is running pain-free with his brothers and all of his buddies who went before him. I know that Seamie and Rocket greeted him with all of the bacon and fries he could handle. 

Run-free Facebook. You will be missed by many people you never got to meet. You will not be forgotten. Send your Dad a sign when you have a chance. 

:f_red

• Like 4
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Oh NO! I am so sorry.  My deepest sympathy.  He will live forever in our hearts and will always be here on this forum with our others.  I hope he sends you some signs!

:f_red:gh_run

This Is Why Dogs Never Die

If you’ve ever lost a furry family member, you will never forget this powerful story. To the person who wrote this, thank you.

This is why dogs never die:

“Some of you, particularly those who think they have recently lost a dog to “death”, don’t really understand this. I’ve had no desire to explain, but I won’t be around forever and must for those out there to finally understand.

Dogs never die. They don’t know how too. They get tired, very old and their bones hurt. Of course they don’t die. If they did they would not want to always go for a walk, even long after their old bones say “No, no not a good idea. Let’s not go for a walk.” Nope, dogs always want to go for a walk. They might get one step before their aging tendons collapse them into a heap on the floor but that’s what dogs do. They walk.

You see, a walk with you is all there is. A walk with their best friend and the symphony of odor that the world is. Cat poop, another dog’s mark, a rotting chicken bone and you. That is what makes their world perfect and in a perfect world death has no place.

Dogs just get very, very sleepy. That is the thing you see. The don’t teach you that at the fancy university where they explain about quarks and economics. They know so much there that they forget that dogs never die. It is a shame really. Dogs have so much to offer and people just talk too much.

When you think your dog has died, it has really just fallen asleep in the world and now lives in your heart. And by the way, it is wagging its tail madly, you see, and that is why your chest hurts so much and you cry all the time. Who would not cry with a happy dog wagging its tail in their chest? Ouch! Wap, wap, wap, wap, wap, that hurts. But they only wag because they are so happy to be so close to you.

Whenever they wake up in your heart they wag their tail. After a few dog years, they sleep for longer periods of time and you will too. They were a GOOD DOG all their life and you both know it. It gets tiring being a good dog all the time, particularly when you get old and your bones hurt and you fall on your face and don’t want to go outside to pee when it is raining but they do because they are a good dog. So understand that after they have been sleeping in your heart, they will sleep longer and longer.

But don’t get fooled. They are not “dead”. There is no such thing, really. They are sleeping in your heart and when they wake up, usually when you are not expecting it. It is just who they are.

I feel sorry for people who don’t have dogs sleeping in their heart. They miss so much. Excuse me, I have to go cry now.”

• Like 2

I am so very sorry you had to say goodbye to your handsome boy.

Remember all the good times...

• Like 1

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I've had Facebook's tattoo on the inside of my right forearm for around 8 years now. It's 5 in long. I added his dates yesterday.
I have a similar tattoo on my left arm, of Taylor and his dates. And on my left leg I have Jagger's tattoo and his dates.
My boys are always with me.
May be an image of text

All reactions:
14Patricia Saltmarsh Kleckner, Jon Drouin and 12 others