Our boy has reached the grand old age of 12! We have been a little worried about him this year as he has (understandably) slowed down quite a lot. We’ve been setting milestones and when each one is reached, we do a little celebration that he’s still here, keeping an eye on us. You may remember that I posted in late September that I was worried about an intermittent limp; since then he has had two Librela injections for the arthritis in his spine and it has made such a big difference! Our walks are longer and faster, and they are bookended by zoomies in the garden. This coincided with a drop in the temperature, which we thought might be responsible, but since he’s perked up again after his second injection I’m optimistic that we have found a long term treatment for him. It’s like having Buddy aged 8 back :wub: 

Better still, since having the injections he is much more tolerant of other dogs, even approaching them for sniffs! I’m still cautious of him around other dogs because of his past reactions, but again, I’m optimistic about this change, although I’m also chiding myself for not realising sooner that his reactions might have been because he was in discomfort or pain.

Anyway, he is currently lying at my feet listening to Pet Classics on Classic FM as it’s Bonfire Night here in the UK. Here is yet another reason that I am grateful to have him as my first/gateway greyhound because he is not really bothered about the fireworks unless they are very loud or they are close by and make a whizzing sound.

Here is a little video of him in his new t-shirt that we really couldn’t wait to give to him (hopefully you will hear the music it is set to, and please excuse the mess behind him!) as well as some photos of him demolishing his birthday cake - smaller slices this year as he nearly choked last year trying to swallow the whole piece. As you will see, he didn’t learn :rolleyes:. Enjoy!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cj-lwbLqkui/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/CklOZ_tq_DL/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

What an adorable video!  :inlove

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hey Buddy, I yam heer snoozing to Classic FM too. Kool T shirt. Ha pee Birfday.:yay

Nutmeg down in Dorset.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Buddy :kiss2 Happy 12th birthday young man :confetti  

Cake :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:balloonparty      :chow       :balloonparty

Love your new coat :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Happy Birthday, Buddy!1 12 is awesome!  

You are one handsome dude. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Happy Birthday Buddy.

All those fireworks are in celebration of your 12th birthday. Grace says can they be the silent ones next year please.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Thank you all! I will pass on your greetings to the man himself. We’ve had a long but chilly walk this morning and he’s managed to find some scraps of food amongst the detritus from last nights’ revelries. I think his eyesight is failing slightly but there’s nothing wrong with his nose since he can still smell a fragment of a crisp or cracker from 20 feet away :rolleyes:

Happiest of birthdays, handsome Buddy!  

You have more clothes than most people, and wear them most fashionably!

Having a dog's eyes bug out as they take the first gulp of something delicious is always a good sign.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Happy 12th Buddy!

You look fantastic! Love that you have two t's on while chomping your glorious cake.

My old ladies--Hildy (12), Toodles (13), and Opal (14)--welcome you to the 12+ club. They think you're very handsome. :wub: 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

4 hours ago, GreyPoopon said:

Happy 12th Buddy!

You look fantastic! Love that you have two t's on while chomping your glorious cake.

My old ladies--Hildy (12), Toodles (13), and Opal (14)--welcome you to the 12+ club. They think you're very handsome. :wub: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMfWyuuBcNE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

19 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

That took me to the login page. :( I could see the video and pic in your original post.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

4 hours ago, GreyPoopon said:

That took me to the login page. :( I could see the video and pic in your original post.

I’m sorry, it worked for me so I will describe for you: a photo of Buddy next to me at he kitchen counter, caught in a wink. The caption is ‘hello ladies’