Lexie

rschultz

Sad News...
Lexie decided it was her time to leave this Earth about 2 hours ago. We totally didn’t expect it. We thought we would have to make the decision. She just fell and went limp. Our mobile vet came out right away. She told us she died instantly probably from a stroke. I guess Lexie picked the time to die for us just like she picked us out to be adopted years ago. We are still in shock.

BL Can’t Contain aka Lexie 
June 25, 2005- September 24, 2019

It was July of 2007. We heard about an open house at Greyhound Adoption of Ohio. We arrived at the kennel and there were lots of families checking out the dogs. We looked around but decided not to stay. As we were walking back, we saw this tiny white and red grey crouched in the corner of a cage. Her eyes just stared at us with a sad look. We both thought if we were going to get any dog it would be that one. We approached one of the volunteers and they said the dog was already spoken for. We decided it wasn’t meant to be and started to walk to our car. All of a sudden we hear the head coordinator call us back and ask if we were interested in the red and white dog because the family that was supposed to adopt her wasn’t a good fit.  She was extremely shy. We both didn’t want a big dog but thought no harm in seeing her. The volunteer brought her out and the dog immediately leaned into my husband. Well, that was it for him.  I looked into her eyes. That was it for me. She picked us out. The kennel named her Connie but I wanted to name her after my grandfather who just passed away, so we called her Alexis. Eventually her name was shortened to Lexie. She was so shy. It took her 3 months to get close to us. It took Lexie 6 months to wag her tail for us. She was fearful of the school bus so I had the kids who got off the bus stop, greet her. She learned to see her “friends’ get off the bus. We were thrilled. I really wanted her to be a therapy dog but one trainer told me it would never happen. I decided to find a different trainer.  We took her to obedience training and agility class to help overcome her shyness. She seemed to do well. It took a while for the tunnel but she finally did it and passed the class.  We took the Therapy dog class and I worked with her every day. The “leave it” command was the hardest. I worked with her 20-30 times a day for two weeks and she finally got it. I even took her to several nursing homes to “practice” for the test. The residents all were cheering for Lexie to pass. It was fantastic. The day of the test I was worried she would be too shy but she did great. We were so proud. Lexie was visiting nursing homes for a couple of years, and then we switched to hospice patients. The joy on patients faces, or a “grunt” or sound for those who couldn’t speak was so rewarding when they saw Lexie. She brought smiles to patients for over 8 years. Lexie and Rocket met online in 2011 and they were married online in 2013 with so many friends and family participating in the service, and reception. Rocket and Lexie made the opening credits for the Dog Wedding movie which premiered in 2016. They were married for almost five years until Rocket passed away in October, 2018. Lexie had a “Masters degree” in Hat Methodology, and a “ Doctrine degree” in Fashion Merchandise. She had thousands of fans on the  Greytalk Forum and Facebook. She enjoyed bringing smiles to everyone she met. We will all miss her dearly. Our hope is that the memories of her pictures will continue to bring smiles and joy to everyone who sees her. It’s not necessary to say sorry for your loss, only a word or two about a favorite pic or memory of Lexie. 
Thanks,
Lexie’s mom and dad

Lexie’s Awards
Basic Obedience Course 2007
Canine Good Citizen Test 2008
Pre-Agility One 2008
Therapy Dogs International, Inc. 2008-2019
AMDA (American Medical Directors Association) 2010 calendar 
TDIAOV Achievement for over 150 Therapy dog visits 2011
Hospice Paw Pal 2008-2015

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so so sorry to read this. She'll be missed. Godspeed, Lexie.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Oh, Lexie! You will be missed.  Healing thoughts for your broken heart. 

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Oh no no no...

I knew Lexie couldn't stay forever, but it's still unbelievably sad--even from a distance--that she is gone. She was a GT :star I loved all her pics, especially those of her waiting patiently for the treats beside or in front of her. And no dog could wear a hat or costume better than Lexie.

Godspeed Lexie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

my heart sank further than I thought it could go when I saw "Lexie" at the forum top. :cry1 :cry1  

she was truly one in a BILLION.  Her pictures never ceased to make me smile or be amazed how she could sit with so many treats and goodies -- and hats and costumes -- and be the perfect girl and get her picture taken.  

she is loved by thousands and will be very, very missed by us as well :(  but the love and trust that I could see that you two had together was simply incredible and beautiful. :kiss2

rest well, Lexie. :kiss2

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Karen:

Your hearts must be breaking even as your memories make you smile.  

We will miss Lexie so much.  She was a beautiful model and a greyt little actress.  We loved and were amazed at her patience and cooperation in each pose.  It was clear that she loved and trusted you.  

Safe and speedy journey to the Bridge, sweet girl.  Rocket is waiting to greet you.  We love you more than tongue can tell.  :brokenheart

Miss Noo Carol

Karen, I'm so sorry to see this sad news. What a terrible shock. We all loved Lexie and her fabulous fashion sense. I hope she and Rocket are having a wonderful reunion. Many hugs to you and your husband.

Rest well, Lexie the legend.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Oh Lexie :heart You have gifted us with so many smiles and cherished memories. Thank you for all of your therapy work that touched the lives of those in need. Thank you for demonstrating unwavering patience. Thank you for being our friend. 

Rocket was waiting for you I’m sure of it, and Seamie and Antnee had been cooking all day for the reunion. We are going to miss you beyond measure. Godspeed dear Lexie, and hugs to your folks. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

To say we were shattered by Lexie's passing would be putting it mildly.  She was our remaining link to Rocket and all of the fun we had at their expense with their dating, wedding and everything in between. I will never forget the laughter among all of us when we found the engagement ring and sent it to her on Rocket's behalf.   She was a huge part of our life even though we never got to meet her in person. Remember, their romance and wedding were all online, right here on GreyTalk. 

The smiles that she brought to thousands of people with her pictures, therapy work and all of her patience in the various videos are beyond a number that can be counted. We absolutely adored Lexie like she was our own. She will be missed by more people than she ever knew. Petunia and Katie will miss their "sister from another mother."

I'm sure that Rocket met Lexie at The Bridge and the two of them are finally together. 

Run-free Lexie. We all love you and will miss you so much. :brokenheart

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:brokenheart  I'm so sad to see that Lexie has started her next journey.  She was such an awesome dog!  I loved all her pictures, she was amazing.  Lexie, thank you for bringing smiles and happiness to so many, you will be so very missed.   Hugs to your family. :crying

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Ower bruvver Banjo waz so frilled to attend and play the yukulaylee at Lexie and Rocket’s wedding, he waz always tawking abowt it! 

We hav bin jellus ov awl the beeyootiful hats and outfits that Lexie waz foteegraffed in, she waz a reel Soopa Model! We will miss hur fashion sense. We did KNOT know abowt hur ferapee dog wurk but that put us in eevin mor awe ov hur..

Mum sez to tell yu she iz sorree that Lexie hadd to leeve yu butt watta Gud way to go, wiv no payne or distress fower hur awltho itta beeg shock fower hur Mum and Dad.

Likky kissis frum 

Chancey and Nutmeg.

Luv frum Mum.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

I am so very sorry. Remembering all the pics of Lexie makes me smile even at this sad time.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Run free, Lexie.

Hugs to your 'rents....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

8 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

To say we were shattered by Lexie's passing would be putting it mildly.  She was our remaining link to Rocket and all of the fun we had at their expense with their dating, wedding and everything in between. I will never forget the laughter among all of us when we found the engagement ring and sent it to her on Rocket's behalf.   She was a huge part of our life even though we never got to meet her in person. Remember, their romance and wedding were all online, right here on GreyTalk. 

The smiles that she brought to thousands of people with her pictures, therapy work and all of her patience in the various videos are beyond a number that can be counted. We absolutely adored Lexie like she was our own. She will be missed by more people than she ever knew. Petunia and Katie will miss their "sister from another mother."

I'm sure that Rocket met Lexie at The Bridge and the two of them are finally together. 

Run-free Lexie. We all love you and will miss you so much. :brokenheart

:crying