Lexie

rschultz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry that it was Lexie's time to go.  Her pictures never ceased to bring a smile.  Wishing you peace and comfort as you navigate this next stage and adapt to your new normal.

Hugs. 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I've always thought of Lexie as the Queen of Greytalk.  Actually, that's how my husband and I refer to her.

She was a once in a lifetime hound and her fans are bereft without her.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

When I seen Lexie's name in the topics my heart stopped and then flat sunk when I seen my worse fear was true.  Thousands have admired her. She was so much more than 1 individual dog. Therapy helping people; super model; doting wife to Rocket; and especially BFF to all of her GT family.  Her crossing over is profound on many levels.  Of course she & Rocket are together as is fitting.  It does make me happy to think how happy they are.  I am sure she will always be a presence not just here on GT but in my life. I so admire her-she did it right.  And I will never forget the Rocket-Lexie romance and marriage which it was a blessing to be a part of.  They both had so much love-not only for each other-but for all of us as well.  Love is energy like everything else and cannot be destroyed even by death.  Only her body died. The real Lexie is a very special spirit that I am sure will continue to be a presence. Thank you so much Lexie! We love you and always will.:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

"Some animals...leave a trail of glory behind them.                            :f_pink
They give their spirit to the place where they have lived,
and remain forever a part of the rocks and streams and the wind and sky."

- Marguerite Henry

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality." ~ Emily Dickinson

:f_red

Edited by racindog

Karen, I'm so sorry.

Lexie, you're passing has left a hole in the hearts of all who knew and loved you. 

16 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Rocket was waiting for you I’m sure of it, and Seamie and Antnee had been cooking all day for the reunion. We are going to miss you beyond measure.

Run with the angels Lexie.  We will remember you.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Oh Lexie, you will be missed by all of us!   I've always enjoyed your fashion sense and was amazed at your restraint with plates of food in front of you, and your endless patience in posing!   You will be missed by all of us, you are a true :star   

Sending lots of hugs to your parents,  you leave behind a huge greyhound shaped hole in their lives. :f_white  But you gave them and all of us such joy!

Run Free Lexie and find Rocket at the Bridge!

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

She did bring smiles and joy to so many, and she will be so missed. Thank you for sharing Lexi and her amazing hats with us! 

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

6 hours ago, Mercsmom said:

I've always thought of Lexie as the Queen of Greytalk.  Actually, that's how my husband and I refer to her.

She was a once in a lifetime hound and her fans are bereft without her.

:nod exactly.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Lexi touched the lives of so many people in this world and leaves a quite a legacy. She was very special to so many, so thank you from the bottom of my broken heart for sharing Lexi and her fashion designs with us. What a girl!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

So sorry to hear about Lexie.  She was such a patient and wonderful pup.

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

No one will ever wear a hat as stylishly as Lexie.

:nod   My all-time favorite is I think your grandmother or mother's hat -- with the little birdcage netting.  Lexie looked so beautifully 40's chic in it.  It's appropriate for her to be called the Queen of GreyTalk, because she must have been related to the hat-loving British royal family ladies.  Maybe, if you feel up to it, you could sometime arrange a retrospective montage of her most memorable hats?  

I also enjoyed each year's celebration of combined Christmas and Hanukkah, with Lexie's kind spirit shining out of her beautiful eyes.  And the little toofers just showing.  :wub:  

I never knew the story of her emergence from extreme shyness but I am so glad she was able to blossom and help people in her unique greyhound way.  

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

This makes me so sad.  I've been a fan of Lexie's from afar for many years through GT, both here and on FB.  Having lost a dog suddenly this summer, in less than 5 minutes, I know how utterly shattering that is, even when you knew it was likely coming soon.  My heart breaks for you, but it was her way of taking the decision out of your hands and going on her terms.  

You asked for favorite memories of Lexie.  I would say mine would be the wedding, of course, but also the many many MANY pictures of her posing with food and in hats over the years.  You and I actually were facebook friends for a while after a June a few years ago when you did a photo contest for her birthday celebration.  (Her 10th, maybe?)  I just loved her in the hats, and hearing the stories of her therapy dog exploits.  The hat pictures also reminded me of BowWow Bonnets, a wonderful lady we lost a few years ago, who once sent me a couple of hats for my Robin's therapy dog work.

She was a special girl, loved by thousands of people all over the world.  May her memory soon bring you peace, smiles, and laughter to replace the tears.  <3

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

I literally gasped out loud when I read Lexie's name in the forum.  She seemed so alive and vital just a few hours ago!  

I remember her journey from a shy little thing into an extraordinary fashion model!  Her pictures always made me smile!

Run far and fast and free Lexie!!!  Make sure they give you the extra special huate couture wings!  We will all miss you!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Sweet, sweet Lexie :wub: You were absolutely one of a kind. I can't even look at a hat on anyone else, because there is no way they can ever pull off a look like you did. Run swift and free, straight to your Dear Rocket.

Many Hedgies (and Gimme Pig) hugs,

Miss Jennie

Maybe, if you feel up to it, you could sometime arrange a retrospective montage of her most memorable hats?  Ooooooh, yes, pretty please?

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

It is incredible to think of how many lives your sweet girl touched. She was a favorite hound to so many people. Thank you for sharing her with the world. She was a very special girl. I miss her photos.

Just a thought, how about re-running her photos starting with the first one you took of her. I think everyone here would love that. One a day or week.

Run free sweet Lexie and know that you are loved.