Chevy Is In Surgery

Guest Adrianne

This makes me sick to my stomach. I hope and pray that Chevy is okay. Poor baby. I also feel for all of you. It is something none of us should ever experience.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of Chevy and you all. Maddie & I have our fingers and paws crossed.

Something like this happened to us but it was on MY property. My property backs up to the walking trail in the subdivision behinf us. In the early am I took Maddie out, leashed to potty. I saw a man and his dog who is never leashed sitting on the bench. I turned around immediatly and walked quickly to our back door, however the dog saw us and starting running after us. I was more than halfway there to the door and the dog caught up to us, I put myself in between the dog and Maddie and was screaming for him to come and get his dog (We have a leash law but this guy NEVER had his dog on a leash). This was the 3rd incident that I heard/saw that the dog went after another. Called A/C (which is a part of our police dept here) after I looked Maddie and myself over as the dog did nipme a few times. They came out, looked at us both and then went over the owners house. fast forward to a few days later and I am out walking Maddie and they are yelling at me to pick it up (Pick up what, my dog is peeing, not pooping) and his wife is taking a video of me on her cell phone when MAddie is peeing and that I called the police on them. I tried to explain why but there was no use trying to fix stupid. The thing is I felt bad for the dog as he had stupid owners. He was kept in a crate in the garage and in the south as well and the wife got a small ankle biter who stayed in the house. About a year later, their house was foreclosed on and I always wondered what happend to the poor dog.

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I'm so sorry. I can't even begin to imagine the terror at the time and the heartache now.

I hope Chevy is soon home and resting comfortably, and that he heals quickly and well.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

How horrible. My girl Shannon was attacked by two boxers 2 weeks after I had adopted her. She was a very spooky girl and this was one of our first walks I felt comfortable taking her on. I know all the dogs in my neighbor and I know where I should and should not walk. Unfortunately, the two dogs in question were visiting (would you believe they where owned by a vet student from UC Davis-visiting family while on break-maybe they don't teach leash laws in school). Long story short I thought I was going to watch my girl killed before my eyes. I kicked those boxers as hard as I could all the while screaming for the owner to come help. I will never forget the fear I saw in Shannon's eyes.

She recovered emotionally long before I did-I hope Chevy will too. Take lots of pics and document everything.

I am glad the surgery went well for Chevy. Tons of healing thoughts coming his way and I hope in time you and he will recover. A dog fight is unbelievably frightening.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:grouphug for Chevy, Adrianne, Seth, Jamie, and little Ollie.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Adrianne, Seth, Jamie, Ollie, and Chevy,

I am so sorry you're going through this. I went through almost the same thing almost 7 years ago and it was horrifying.

I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

Carol

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

This terrifies me... Our next door neighbor has a Shepard rotty mix who is dog aggressive and people aggressive. Has a bite history with both people and other dogs. I hope it never makes it out of that privacy fence. :-( they do the best they can for him but have warned us. They do try to bring him inside whenever my dogs are out just because the barking makes everyone crazy.

Something like this could happen to anyone of us. I really hope the pain meds work well and that healing is quick. Give an extra cookie from us :-(

------

Jessica

I too, saw this on FB last night and have been sending good thoughts to Chevy, and to you Adrienne. I'm so sorry you had to experience this. :grouphug

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

Guest Adrianne

Thank you so much everyone. Last night, the daughter and son-in-law of the owner came to the e-vet to give us money to pay the bill for what was done last night and told us to call with the final bill. Chevy was transferred to our regular vet today for his surgery. Because the amount of money they gave us last night was more than what the bill totaled, I took the remaining to my vet late this afternoon to apply to his surgical bill. It was the hardest thing not to go back and visit with him, but I know in my heart it's for the best. He gets so stressed going to the vet for anything, and this morning his stress level was through the roof. He laid in the floor and couldn't get up, and took Jamie & me & a vet tech to lift him, and he screamed & cried & yelped because he hurt so bad. They told me he's resting peacefully, and I don't want to cause him any undue stress. If he's quiet and peaceful, that's how I want his entire night to stay. But boy, was it hard not to see him and kiss his sweet face.

ETA: The daughter has been told what the final bill is, and she said she would go by there tomorrow morning to pay it. I am very thankful that this part of it hasn't been a fight. And I do believe they would like the dogs to be re-homed. The owner is in very poor health, and there's no way he can control the dogs.

ETA: We've walked by these dogs a hundred times. They're always in their yard behind a latched gate. They bark a little every time, but not in a way I have ever felt threatened or thought, "I hope they never get out." And I firmly believe now what JAJ2010 just posted....this is something that could happen to any of us at any time. I will NEVER walk my dogs again without big bad protection.

Edited by Adrianne

Reading your account of the attack brought tears & then sobs. I'm so so so very sorry your dear Chevy had to go through this.

I've said to myself a hundred times I need to get something to carry with me......we've managed to avoid loose dogs, so far, but

one time is all it takes; as has just been shocked into my brain.

Desi, Skeeter, & I are sending every ounce of white light, healing thoughts, prayers.....anything & everything we can scrounge up

for your boy. Please, doG, let him be ok.......

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

I am so sorry you and your hounds have gone through this horrific attack. I will put Chevy in my prayers.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Sending positive thoughts for Chevy. So sorry you are going through this.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Lila was attacked by a boxer just over a year ago, I know how horrible it is.

You are in my prayers and I hope you all heal quickly, both physically and emotionally.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

just checking in again, glad they are paying the bills, at least that is one bright spot in all of this.

keeping Chevy in our prayers -- he is in good hands. SOOOOO scary. I walk mine by myself everyday and am so scared of this happening. Thank GOD Chevy wasn't hurt even worse than he even is. :( :(

:grouphug <-- Adrienne :kiss2 <-- Chevy

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Poor Chevy, poor you. I'm so very sorry you all have to go through this. What a horrific nightmare. Many prayers coming for your sweet boy. Hugs coming for you. And I'm also glad that there isn't any friction over the vet bill - that's a headache you just don't need.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.