Chevy Is In Surgery

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

Please send good thoughts, prayers, and white light to my sweet boy. He was attacked last night by three large dogs on our walk and left with a gaping wound on his neck, a gaping wound on his chest, deep bite and tears on his back and side, and puncture wounds on his legs and feet. It was a horrifying attack that came out of nowhere.

I'll post more when I can. Thank you so much.

ETA: Ollie was with us and standing right beside Chevy, but the dogs were so focused on him that Seth was able to pull her out without her being injured. My dogs were leashed; the other dogs were not.

Edited by Adrianne

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no. I hope everything turns out alright. Make sure you document everything to send to the owners.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

I am so sorry. Poor Chevy and you. That had to be terrifying. Good thoughts for your boy that all goes well with the surgery and he heals quickly.

Friggin loose dogs and their owners!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry. I'm sure this is so stressful for you. My prayers are with Chevy for a full and quick recovery.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

:hope:candle:goodluck:clover:getwell

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest IrskasMom

This is just awful . I am so sorry this happen . Tons of Prayers and ever so gentle Hugs for poor Chevy. I will be patiently waiting for Updates on his Condition. Adrianne , it so very hard on you , to see your Boy suffering :bighug

Reading this brought tears to my eyes. I hope Chevy will be OK once his wounds are looked after. And I hope as soon as you are able that you report this to Animal Control, especially if you know who owns the dogs or where they live. Any loose dog is a potential risk, but allowing 3 loose together is asking for trouble. If either of you (persons) was bitten you might also be able to contact the police.

Edited by Rickiesmom

Adrianne, all my thoughts and prayers are with Chevy to come through the surgery safely and recover from his wounds. This is a horrifying experience for you and Seth. Thank god Ollie was safe from the attack. Your poor boy - this is awful.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

He's been in my prayers all night. Praying his surgery is successful and he heals quickly.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Lots and lots of prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PiagetsMom

Just got through walking my pups.....it's hard to relax and enjoy walks when something like this is always in the back of your mind. Sending many good thoughts for Chevy - I'm so sorry that this happened :grouphug

Adrianne, I'm so sorry to read about Chevy.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Prayers for Chevy and you. Please keep us posted. That is horrifying.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Adrianne, how awful for all of you...lots of good healing thoughts for poor Chevy. Please update when you can. :grouphug

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross