Chevy Is In Surgery

Guest Adrianne

I am so glad to hear he's home and resting comfortably - and especially to hear how wonderfully he responded to the staff at the vet! That's just so reassuring to know.

Poor Chevy's chest. That just adds insult to injury, even if it wasn't meant for him. :(

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of healing thoughts for your sweet Chevy.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Oh gosh what a horrible nightmare to have gone through. I just thank God that everyone is going to be alright. Poor little Ollie-oh thank God Seth was with you to save her and I just can't imagine poor Chevy and what he went through and is going through. Praying for Chevy's and everybody's recovery from this terribly traumatic event-thanking God for saving you all and asking for his continued protection and quick healing. For Chevy & Ollie: :kiss2:dogcookie:bighug(GENTLY!)

Guest Adrianne

Chevy had a very peaceful night. He's had his breakfast and all his medicine this morning, and he's ready for a busy day of resting and healing...

IMG_4570a.jpg

:kiss2 handsome boy. Heal well.

:grouphug to the rest of the family.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

The whole attack lasted probably just a minute, minute and a half, but it seemed like an eternity.

Nine and a half years ago, Turbo was attacked by a neighborhood dog whose owner dropped the leash when he pulled, called out to me to "watch [my] dog" and allowed the attack to happen. It took seconds for the dog, a large lab mix with a HUGE head, to rush us, stand stock still and stiffen up, then launch an attack. Turbo ended up with eight staples in his shoulder and the attacking dog narrowly missed the large cephalic vein that runs down into the leg. I still remember every. single. second. of that attack, and it was certainly much less severe than what you went through and the whole thing took probably less than 30 seconds. I'm so sorry you and Chevy had to go through that and I hope both of you heal quickly and fully from both the physical and psychological effects of the attack.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I'm just seeing all of this now. My heart breaks for you that you had to go through this. Neyla was attacked once, but it was much much less severe than what you and Chevy went through and over much more quickly and I know how much it terrified me (and her). So I just can't imagine how horrified you must have been watching this. I'm glad Chevy is home and on the road to healing. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

:yay:yay:yay

Good update for Chevy! :kiss2:kiss2:kiss2

Still sending good thoughts for easy healing!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

More good healing thoughts for Chevy. Glad to see he's doing well under the circumstances.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so glad that he is on the mend and doing better. Hang in there Chevy.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

glad to hear he had a good night -- sending more healing hugs! :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

So glad he is doing well all things considered -- just catching up with the updates. And while I am not an expert it looks like the vet did a beautiful job closing his wounds -- I mean they look awful in terms of what happened to him but they look like they are going to heal really well.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad