Chevy Is In Surgery

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

The night went well, and everyone at the vet's office has fallen in love with this brave boy. He's home now and resting. I'll post photos in just a few minutes. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank heavens Chevy is home! Hugs & lickity-kisses (as my Tick & Mac say) to him, to Ollie, and all of you. I bet you all really need some hugs about now - so, consider yourselves hugged!

To Chevy - sending you good healing thoughts. There's no place like home, huh!

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

Glad to hear that Chevy is home and resting well. Get Better Soon.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest Adrianne

I'm so happy he's home. These photos aren't pretty, and I haven't yet seen his chest.

IMG_4375.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4382.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

The whole attack lasted probably just a minute, minute and a half, but it seemed like an eternity.

So glad he is home. Poor baby, no wonder he's in pain. Prayers that he heals quickly.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest cdholl

Oh sweet boy. Lots of hugs and hope you are recovering quickly at home...like everyone else has already said, worst nightmare ever. Might get me some pepper spray to carry along on walks...So so sorry you've had to endure this.

Guest TheModernMutt

The whole attack lasted probably just a minute, minute and a half, but it seemed like an eternity.

That looks like a pretty bad attack. I sure hope they get those dogs under control in one manner or another.

Glad Chevy is home and doing better though!

Chevy honey, it's always better to be home in your own bed. I'm so glad that you are there now. Keep getting better, sweetie.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Just now getting caught up on GT and I am so sorry Chevy had to go through this.

Poor boy.

:hope for a quick recovery.

I have not read all the posts, and hope I am not repeating what others have already said, but you need to report this incident.

We were attacked last year and if Nigel had not been wearing his heavy weight winter coat he would have ended up in the ER.

This dog had been stalking us for months, but never attacked.

I never reported any of the times that he had followed us very menacingly and the owner did nothing to contain or control his dog.

In hindsight I wish I had, because we later found out this was not the dogs first incident with chasing after dogs and 'apparently' hhe had attacked his owner.

:hope Chevy

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I just saw this. Thank goodness he's home and is healing. I'm so sorry this happened to him :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

So glad that Chevy is home! Poor sweet boy!

I hope they gave you enough meds to stay ahead of the pain. That's all gonna hurt like a b1%ch.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

So glad to hear that he's home and resting. Poor, poor Chevy ... he looks shocked, as well he might. :(

Good to hear they're actually paying up, too. I hate to say it, but I think I'd report it, too, even though the people are being so nice and producing the cash. These dogs now have a history, unfortunately.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

So glad Chevy is back home! Those wounds look really bad, poor boy and poor you Adrianne.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.