Chevy Is In Surgery

Guest Adrianne

Sending white light and good thoughts and prayers and anything and everything for sweet Chevy!

And some good {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for you and your family.

:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was horrified when I saw this on Facebook. Please know that you and Chevy are in many, many prayers.

Let us know how your sweet boy is doing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Sending many healing thoughts & prayers out to Chevy.

Also, sending hugs & comfort to Adrianne & the whole family. I'm sure you're all sick in your hearts & stomachs - please know there is tons of white light & good wishes being sent your way. Hugs to little Ollie, too. Thank god the dogs didn't nab her, too.

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

Poor Chevy! Hope he has a quick recovery.

Do you know these dogs? Do they belong to a neighbor?

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

I keep saying that this is my nightmare and then it happened to us. In a very similar fashion, the attacking dog was so focused on Paul and never approached Fuzzy. I am so upset for you and your dog. We have purchased a spray now, which we have attached to our leads, but, who knows if we would be able to use it in an emergency. Sending prayers and all our best thoughts your way.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I read this earlier, but this has been my first opportunity to let you know that Chevy has been in my thoughts. I know to some degree what your going through because Chase was attacked by a dog. I can't imagine the terror though of having to deal with 3 dogs attacking.

:grouphug

OMG! Sending prayers and healing white light to Chevy and hugs to you, Adrianne. Was Seth walking both dogs? How horrible for everyone! Please call animal services in your area and report this attack!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Adrianne

Update: Chevy's surgery went well, he is resting now, but he will NOT be coming home today. His chest area is more painful to him than first realized, it is heavily bruised, he is not getting up and down easily, and they want to keep him on heavy duty pain meds overnight. His neck wound was deeper than thought and there was a nice pocket for fluid to accumulate, so they put a drain in. The chest wound was stitched, but they did not put a drain there. The vet talked about what they would do if fluid started building up there, and I thought, "why didn't you just put a drain in?" The wounds on his back and side were stitched, and all other puncture wounds were cleaned.

In the heat of the attack, the son-in-law of the man who owns the dogs was trying to pull the dogs off Chevy. He aimed a very hard kick at one of the dogs, but it missed its intended target and instead hit Chevy in the chest. I believe this is the cause of at least some of the pain and bruising in his chest. I can't know that for sure, but I saw the strength of the kick, and I saw my baby boy take the full force of it.

The attack was frenzied--that's the best word for it. Those dogs were like a school of piranha. Every way we turned, there was a dog in his face. It was the most horrifying thing I've ever witnessed, completely unprovoked. I keep trying to type out what happened, but I just can't think about it. I keep seeing Chevy pinned to the ground flat on his back looking back at me for help. It hurts my heart to think about it. I will say this: the dogs weren't technically loose. They were in a backyard with a gate. However, the son-in-law came through that gate just as we were walking by. The gate was "supposed" to swing shut and latch, but the dogs spied us before it got shut, and they busted through and charged straight for Chevy. I said a couple times if the son-in-law hadn't been there to pull off the dogs, they would have killed Chevy; Jamie reminded me today if the son-in-law hadn't been there, the attack wouldn't have happened in the first place.

The police were immediately called, and they along with my hubby paid a visit to the house. We do know the owner of the dogs, and Chevy's vet bills are being paid. I don't advocate the dogs being put to sleep, but at the very least, they need to be re-homed because of the current home situation. You have three dogs-a boxer, a pit bull, and a shepherd mix-stuck in a backyard 24/7 with very little human contact. But that's another story for another day.

Guest MnMDogs

I'll say it again. I'm so very sorry, your post hurts my heart, I can't imagine how you felt during the heat of it all. Your poor sweet boy.

Edited by MnMDogs

oh NO!!!!! Sending MANY prayers for your boy!!!! :hope :Hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am holding Chevy in my thoughts and prayers. I am so very sorry you are going through this. I remember the vet coming to talk to me about the wound to Aquitaine's throat and putting voice to my fear which was that just 1/2" to the right and they'd have hit her jugular. The thought of Chevy being so sore and being attacked just hurts my heart for you.

I'm glad your neighbor is doing the right thing by paying your bills. The wrong thing is that this happened at all. More prayers and good thoughts for you and Chevy.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds