Chevy Is In Surgery

Guest Adrianne

Guest greybookends

I am so glad Chevy is home . He will heal better at home where he will be less stressed. I see those pictures and all I see is Bill after he was attacked.

Does he still need any fluids? The vet showed me how to give sub Q fluids so that I could take him home and it really helped.

I hope your boy heals quickly.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest budsmom

I am so glad Chevy is home. You, Chevy and you entire family are in my prayers for quick and uneventful healing - physically and emotionally.

Oh God. I'm so sorry this happened.. I can't even imagine. I've been thinking about this more and more. My new neighborhood in Houston has a few stray and loose dogs. I've been thinking about getting some protection. Good thoughts and fast healing for Chevy.

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

Just getting back to GT, and I'm beyond sorry to see that this happened to Chevy. Thank heavens he's back home with you, even if he is still understandably in shock. Hope he has something good for pain. Adding myself to the army of people praying for a speedy recovery.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I hope he heals quickly..poor Chevy. :(

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

"I hate to say it, but I think I'd report it, too, even though the people are being so nice and producing the cash. These dogs now have a history, unfortunately"

And it could happen again and someone could be killed. It HAS to be reported.

Gentle :kiss2 to Chevy

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

that does look bad! :( :( and a minute and a half IS an eternity to be getting ripped to shreds. Poor baby. Sending more prayers and glad he's home. :hope :Hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

The attack has been reported. Adrianne said (in an earlier post):

The police were immediately called, and they along with my hubby paid a visit to the house.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I'm so sorry for what you, your family and poor Chevy has had to endure. Prayers being sent for your boy and all of you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest Hollys2hounds

Dearest Adrienne,

I haven't been on Greytalk in quite some time. Linda (JettCricket) just sent me a note about Chevy., and I quickly ran to the computer/ Please give him a giant kiss for me. Though, I haven't been on GT, I do think of you and Chevy often!

With tears in my eyes, I am sending you both healing thoughts and Prayers!!!

I am so sorry you both had to endure this horrific attack. (that is my ultimate nightmare) I will be checking in on you both!!

With love,

Holly

I'm glad he's home. Sending out :hope for a speedy recovery.

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Adrianne

Thank you again, everyone. It is wonderful to have him home. I will say though, he came away from the vet's office 100% calmer than when he arrived. I think the ladies there loved him to pieces because he visited each one before he left and acted like he didn't want to leave. This thrills me because vet visits have always been stressful for him.

He's had a very peaceful, quiet day of lying in his big comfy bed. The vet told me to elevate his food bowl because it's too painful for him to bend his neck to reach the floor. His bowl has always been up on a small stool to keep a certain little dachshund out of it, so that wasn't a problem. But I didn't even think to elevate his water bowl until I saw him go over for water and give up because it was apparently too painful. So, he got served water in bed. He got up this evening to eat, and I put his bowl in a chair to raise it a little higher. He ate just a few bites, and that seemed to wear him out. He went back to bed and content to be hand-fed.

I did finally see the stitching and bruising on his chest. It's a much smaller wound there, but he is quite bruised. He's also so tender around the chest area that I'm almost positive it's from the kick.

Ollie has been very good. She was raised with greyhounds, and she seems especially sensitive to their hurts. She has left him alone and tried to behave herself today. She's laid on a pillow near him but not too close, and she hasn't tried to snuggle with him.

I'm very pleased. He's very well medicated, so I'm hoping the pain isn't too bad for him.

It's correct that the police were called immediately. When Chevy and I got away, I called my hubby to come get us. We were only a half mile from home on what is a loop around a neighborhood village. It's a one mile loop, and we were at the top end. He found Seth and Ollie first; when Seth got Ollie away from the attack, I yelled at him to take her and go! Anyway, my hubby was on the phone with the police when he pulled up. So, the attack HAS been reported.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you for the thoughts, prayers, and healing energy. We are feeling it here!

Edited by Adrianne

Joining the flood of good wishes for all of you. What a horrible thing to have happened. Wishing Chevy a complete and speedy recovery.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

it's so good to hear that my angel Little Dude's travel companion is home and doing better.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Adrianne, I am just completely heartsick that this happened to you and Chevy. I was honestly afraid to read beyond the first page of your post, but I am so glad to see now that Chevy is home with you now where he can rest comfortably and have your care. And bless the quick thinking you did to get your Seth and Ollie out of harm's way. But poor Chevy -- I am so sorry, sweet pup.

Heartfelt wishes for quick and complete healing for Chevy, and peace to both your hearts. I know how upsetting this can be.