It’s Our Gotcha Day

It’s actually tomorrow but given the delightful weather heading our way and the inevitable power loss, I thought I’d post tonight. 

It’s AnnIE and Punkin’s 5th Gotcha Day :confetti What a ride it has been so far! With senior angel Dottie, these two pixies snuck in as young’uns and are now looking soon at 11 and 12.  Where does the time go (Eva). Sunday is Apple Day up here and we’ll take a ride for treats and hopefully get AnnIE some pats, Punkin is good with just sniffin :lol Happy Gotcha Day, girlies :beatheart

IMG-1573.jpg

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What sassy, saucy beauties! Congrats ladies!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Happy Gotcha 5 AnnIE and Punkin'!!! :confetti 

You look terrific for your "almost" ages. Must be all those innaresting walks. :colgate 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Punkin, I must say I love your new smile. :beatheart Glad it's moar comfy for you too.

AnnIE, can't wait to hear about your next lieberry reading. :wub:

Happy gotcha, precious girls. You landed in the perfect spot. :kiss2 

Be safe, campers and their esteemed leader! :goodluck 

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

Havva Greyt day gurlz.

Wagz frum

Nutmeg.:ghplaybow

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

A very happy Gotcha Day girls. :banana

Stay safe and dry.... you too Miss Jan

Edited by MarcR
Added some text

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Other than the howling wind, it's a quiet Gotcha Day. We did get a nice long Wiki Walkie just after o'dark o'early o'clock this ayem and that will have to do until one more sleep. (Will there be any apples still attached to trees? oy) Thanks everyone for the Gotcha wishes and worryings about us :bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Happy Gotcha Day beautiful girls! I hope your Apple Day results in lots of pets and treats. 

Mark has discovered that he loves cinnamon. Any time there is something with cinnamon on my plate, his nose is right there checking it out. Have your mom give you some Apple Butter on those treats! :lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Mark :lol

Well, our orchard trip was a bust - tiny, overpriced apples and not much variety - but we will try again elsewhere as the season progresses. We did stop at the reliable maple syrup stand a few towns over and they had punkins pumpkins and delicious tomatoes and corn :yay We also discovered a new trail system and took a quite long walk led by our experienced and enthusiastic leader Punkin, with reluctant AnnIE following, looking for someone to pet her :rolleyes: It was beautiful weather for the girls' Gotcha Day "party" :heart

This week I met a new neighbor whom I thought was quite friendly and welcoming. She was at the transfer station and the campers were with me: "They're funny looking." Did you really just say that? She tried to backpedal but yeah no, no coffee date with you! :f50:

AnnIE did get some pets from the folks at the transfer station so she was happy. :lol

4 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

"They're funny looking."

Seriously?  How unabashedly rood.  No accounting for some folks taste.

With apologies...

I think that I shall never see

A dog as beautiful as a houndie

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Happy gotcha day ladies! Sorry I’m late with the greeting, but it looks like you are so busy enjoying the good life that you didn’t notice.

The only response to the remark ‘they look funny’ is ‘YOU look funny!’ before walking away, pretending to cry.  She would have been mortified and you might have got some cake delivered to your door as an apology 

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

5 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

Happy gotcha day ladies! Sorry I’m late with the greeting, but it looks like you are so busy enjoying the good life that you didn’t notice.

The only response to the remark ‘they look funny’ is ‘YOU look funny!’ before walking away, pretending to cry.  She would have been mortified and you might have got some cake delivered to your door as an apology 

That is the perfect response and reaction! Must.Remember.This.

Thanks for the good wishes!

17 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

Brilliant. :lol 

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

On 9/19/2023 at 3:50 PM, MerseyGrey said:

Perfect!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)