Nova- Atascocita Venus 4/25/2009 - 8/7/2020

schultzlc

I said goodbye to Nova on Friday afternoon.

From the moment she came home with me, Nova Noodle was the happiest, sweetest pup. She greeted each morning like it was the best day ever, and her charming nature was contagious to everyone she met. Nova loved catching Cheerios, and lived her life in a constant quest for food. How I will miss her happy hop, her radar ears, and her excited chattering teeth that became the soundtrack of my life.

While I am devastated to have lost both of my girls so close together, perhaps it makes sense that, because Luna and Nova were so close in life, they would be close in death as well.

Nova, I would’ve given anything to get more time with you, and I will love you always. 💔
Nova- Atascocita Venus 4/25/2009 - 8/7/2020

117289863_10102686574510675_270733599772

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

I'm so sorry, Laura. You've been in my thoughts this weekend. I am glad I got to meet your girls and am sure they had a sweet reunion at the bridge. Rest well, Nova Noodle. 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

That is the most perfect photograph of your sweet girl. I’m so sorry to read that she has left you. Wishing you peace in the days ahead.

Edited by 45MPHK9

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

That's a great picture! 

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Nova.  Run-free, Nova. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Nova’s ....chattering teeth the soundtrack of your life :beatheart 

This has to be one of the most eloquent and loving tributes I have ever read. Thank you for sharing the girls with us. I am so sorry Laura :grouphug

Godspeed beautiful Nova :f_pink 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

My deepest sympathy. It's been my experience they they definitely do follow each other to the bridge sometimes.  Bobber was so distraught after her Mom left that she simply laid down and died like the day before Mother's Day- undoubtably so she could surprise and spend Mothers Day with her Mom.  Gilly Boy left to be with his true love Francene whom he met and fell in love with when Francene's mom was fostering him.  Of course we miss them so but I cannot help but feel good about the happiness they are sharing with their beloveds now.   I am sure Luna & Nova are with each other again. Love always wins.  You 3 spirits will ALWAYS be connected by love.  Someday you will know that in your heart. My deepest sympathy. :f_red:f_pink:f_red

So sorry.  Sending hugs. :f_red:f_white:f_red

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

I am so sorry for your loss, what a beautiful girl. Rest well Nova.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girlie.

Try and remember all the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so sorry, Laura. What a beautiful picture of your sweet Nova Noodle. Holding you in my thoughts and in my heart. 

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

I'm so very sorry. I love your tribute and the photo of her direct gaze and wonderful ears.

Godspeed Nova. 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so very sorry :( she was beautiful :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so sorry.  :grouphug 

That is the most perfect photograph of your sweet girl.

Yes, the direct but kind eyes -- she looks ready to snuggle or play a game of tug-of-war, whatever you're up for.  The gorgeous mixing of white into the glossy black fur.  And the ears -- the beautiful ears.  She has surely snagged the brass ring in the Bridge cheerio toss.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter