Conner BC Kick the Can 4/15/05-8/19/19

Remolacha

Vet is coming this afternoon, I thought I had better write this while I still could.

Conner was the sweetest, easiest dog I ever had. He went along with anything, was always happy, especially if there was food involved. He never met a food he didn't like, except raw carrots. He and his brother Ares were returned to our group due to a death in the family, and I was in the market for a big goofy boy. He was 9, almost 10, just the age I like. His foster mom handed me the leash, said here are the keys, and that was that :) I never in my wildest dreams thought He would still be here with me at 14.4. Unfortunately, his poor old body has just worn out. I wish I could keep him with me forever (don't we all wish that) but we can't control his pain any more, in fairness to him, I have to let him go.

Go find your buddy Rocket, the two of you can sit up in your balcony and complain about the rowdy whippersnappers (Muppet reference) I'll miss you old man :cry1

Conner and Rocket, now there's a fine pair of houndie boys.  :brokenheart I am so sorry that your boy will be leaving. At least he will have Rocket to greet him.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I’m so sorry. My thoughts are with you and hope for a peaceful passing.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Fourteen :beatheart Oh Conner. Godspeed dear boy. It is storming here to beat the band - has to be Paddy Mayhem (et al) waiting to welcome you. You will be terribly missed. :heart

{{{Jan}}} What a lifetime you shared together  :grouphug

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Conner and Rocket were best buddies. Whenever they were together, you just automatically pictured the two old men sitting in the balcony on The Muppets (Statler and Waldorf) and knew that their commentary would be similar.  The two were so much alike, and even looked enough alike that you had to check the collar to make sure who you were petting if you weren't paying close attention

Chris and I met Conner and Ares the day before Jan brought him home.  We were still discussing whether or not to adopt  Conner and how Rocket would take a second dog in the house the next day when I logged in to GT and Jan had made a post showing him on his new couch at her house. I told Chris - "Jan stole our dog." :lol   We had no idea that she even knew about him.  He definitely landed in the right place, as he had his own personal couch.  The next time we saw him, he came to our house, walked in, laid on my feet and went to sleep.   OK - maybe he's partly my dog too....  Ares went on to be adopted by someone else since he really needed to be the only-dog in the house. 

We loved having Conner visit or stay with us. He adopted the love seat in our living room as "his couch" and would lay on his back and watch television for hours. He made us laugh as much as Rocket did.  Rocket loved staying with Conner and Val too. 

Conner, go find Rocket and I'm sure he will show you where Chef Seamie has the good bacon and the ice cream stashed.  There just might be a little more "mayhem" at The Bridge this week.  Love you, buddy. :brokenheart

The two old men together at Rocket's "No Firewerks 4th of July Party" in 2018 

h7hOHGG.jpg

Conner relaxing at the party 

4Px8CaU.jpg

Edited by Time4ANap
typo
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Rest peacefully dear Connor. Gentle hugs to you, Remolacha.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

So very sorry that you have had to say goodbye to your handsome old man.

:bighug

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so very sorry. I hope that he and Rocket are on couches, watching TV, and grumbling about the rowdies.

Godspeed Conner.

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

14 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Conner and Rocket were best buddies. Whenever they were together, you just automatically pictured the two old men sitting in the balcony on The Muppets (Statler and Waldorf) and knew that their commentary would be similar.  The two were so much alike, and even looked enough alike that you had to check the collar to make sure who you were petting if you weren't paying close attention

Chris and I met Conner and Ares the day before Jan brought him home.  We were still discussing whether or not to adopt  Conner and how Rocket would take a second dog in the house the next day when I logged in to GT and Jan had made a post showing him on his new couch at her house. I told Chris - "Jan stole our dog." :lol   We had no idea that she even knew about him.  He definitely landed in the right place, as he had his own personal couch.  The next time we saw him, he came to our house, walked in, laid on my feet and went to sleep.   OK - maybe he's partly my dog too....  Ares went on to be adopted by someone else since he really needed to be the only-dog in the house. 

We loved having Conner visit or stay with us. He adopted the love seat in our living room as "his couch" and would lay on his back and watch television for hours. He made us laugh as much as Rocket did.  Rocket loved staying with Conner and Val too. 

Conner, go find Rocket and I'm sure he will show you where Chef Seamie has the good bacon and the ice cream stashed.  There just might be a little more "mayhem" at The Bridge this week.  Love you, buddy. :brokenheart

The two old men together at Rocket's "No Firewerks 4th of July Party" in 2018 

h7hOHGG.jpg

Conner relaxing at the party 

4Px8CaU.jpg

I can't add anything to this beautiful and very true post. My deepest sympathy on Conner's crossing over. This post sums up something that my boy Gilly Boy taught when he crossed over and that is that 'even in the hell of grief, love wins."  Conner & Rocket are indeed having a 'blast' (pun intended) and Gilly Boy is there in the 'mayhem' munchin on Seamie nom noms to.  God bless those crazy boy dogs.

LOVE-small.jpg

Edited by racindog

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet old man Conner. Rest well good boy.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

I am so sorry :(:(:( Rest in peace, sweet boy :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the party going on at the bridge with Rocket. 

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

What a wonderful day you became a team, and what sad days now.  It's never, ever long enough.  Remolocha, I am so sorry.   :grouphug 

the two of you can sit up in your balcony and complain about the rowdy whippersnappers 

Perfect.  But maybe tell a few stories when you yourselves were the rowdy brindle whippersnappers.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I'm so sorry.  Hugs to you, and Godspeed to your sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• 2 months later...

I’m so very sorry. I always enjoyed reading about Connor.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.