Well Here We Go Again

Stewie has a severe limp now. It started up again after we go back from Florida on Monday which just so happens to be the day I had to leave on business. I gave him a does of Metacam hoping it was just a sprain. Well got back last night and I see a limp, his rear right hock is slightly swollen and warm so all that points to likely Osteo in my mind. Going to get him in today for an X-ray but I think I already know what the news will be. This is beyond devastating as he is such a sweet boy and his delicate nature has me questioning if he could handle an amp. Also I question whether Lynn and I can go through this again. It's so emotionally draining no matter how much time they get.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All paws crossed here, hoping for the best. I hate this for sweet Stewie, and for you guys. Remember we're with you, no matter what.

:grouphug

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Thinking of you and sending prayers and healing thoughts.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

What a nightmare. Thinking of you at this difficult time. We humans are remarkable creatures... we already have the toolkit to help us cope with with anything and it often surprises us. Hopefully it's just arthritis

Back from the vet as we lucked out and got a 9am. The films showed nothing, no shadows, no mottling at all which is good news albeit I know some have had similar experiences and found out bad news on the next set of films. Hopefully this won't happen to us and he is now on Metacam and Tramadol. The vet also did blood work and all looks good.

Thanks for the good thoughts and if you can continue with them for Stewie, I would greatly appreciate it.

Kyle

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Very happy to read that nothing was found. I hope that Stewie will be comfortable on his meds, and that you can have a relaxing weekend now!

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Wonderful news!!!! Continued prayers.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Whew.

Just doing a quick catch up here and was dismayed to see your name as the OP.

Whew.

:goodluck Stewies med kick in quickly

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Kyle, what a roller coaster!! :yikes We're all :hope that this turns out to be nothing but a soft tissue injury. :hope

There's a thing, I don't know how common it is, but I've heard of a couple dogs dealing with it - their limbs just get swollen and painful, and there's no real diagnosis of anything wrong. You just end up doing prophylactic antibiotics and diuretics to reduce the swelling. I'm blanking on what it's called though. If you're on FB, Dr Shelley Lake has a dog dealing with it now. She's a vet and a former racing trainer and knows greyhounds extremely well.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

sending prayers! Glad the test results were good and hoping he's back to normal very quickly! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Best healing thoughts for Stewie. And cyber strength for his folks. Hang in there you guys. Please let us know how your sweet boy is doing.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.