Marco (Galgo) 01.01.2004- 11.07.2016

mom2four

Marco (Galgo) January 1, 2004 – November 7, 2016

This past Monday we suddenly and unexpectedly lost our beloved Galgo, Marco. He came to us almost 9 years ago, husband Michael took him from Holland to us here in Canada while he was on a visit there. He was a very shy galgo because he did not trust anyone as he had been severely abused in Spain. Having a motorbike driven over a hind leg, breaking it so he could not hunt anymore, led to his distrust in people. Over time he became fine with us, but aside from a few visitors to our home whom he trusted, he was still leary of everyone. His safe spot was the corner of our L-shaped couch.

He was seemingly healthy and happy until last weekend. About a year ago he was found to be in early stages of congestive heart failure, according to the vet, and we were told to look for coughing and a distended belly. We never saw any of these signs, until last Sunday- or so we thought. I was going to call the vet on Monday for a check-up for him. Sunday overnight he became progressively uncomfortable, and at one point he could not stand. Many thoughts were going through my mind- did he have a stroke? He spiked a fever, which I was able to get down to almost normal within a few hours. He started having diarrhea. We called a mobile vet early Monday morning, she said she’d be there by 10 AM. That seemed OK since Marco seemed a bit better- he could get up on his feet again to turn around and the diarrhea had stopped. But just before the vet came it was obvious that Marco had taken a turn for the worse and was starting to pass away. As soon as the vet arrived she sedated him and gave him the overdose. Then Marco passed peacefully.

Although we will never know the mobile vet said that Marco could have had a perforated ulcer. Marco never showed any signs of an ulcer while he was alive, but it could be an explanation to his fever, diarrhea and very sudden decline. We will never know.

What we do know is that Marco was a much loved member of our family and will be sorely missed :heart

To top it off my Mom passed away later that day. It was a blessing for her and we are happy that she is now in heaven. Marco was there to greet her, I’m sure.

14937407_10154794397162164_5687964186159

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Tin and Michael, I am so sorry for your losses.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

What a very difficult day for your family. I am sorry for your losses. Perhaps Marco sensed your mom would be passing soon and that she might need a guide on the other side.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

:brokenheart Marco :f_white and your mom.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Marco, I know you and Jules are running free together. :beatheart

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I'm so very sorry for your losses.

Godspeed to your mom and to Marco.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I think he knew he had to leave to be with your Mom. I am so very sorry for your losses.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:(

It always hurts to say good-bye.
So very sorry you have lost your handsome Marco.

Remember the good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Oh, no! Your Mom and Marco in the same day---I can't imagine your pain. I'm so very sorry.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh Tin, I am sorry to read the passing of your Mum and Marco. You gave your boy the safe home with lots of love, that is what he needed.

Run free Marcos, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.