• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bighug to you and Merlin.

:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck

for continued improvements.

Get some sleep!!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Glad to hear positive news! :yay I'm surprised he doesn't like the wet I/D, Beth scarfs it down like it's dog crack.

Yup - but Merlin is a wizard and he just has to be different :rolleyes:<_<

I just hope he keeps eating the dry kibble and doesn't go off it in a couple of days - or we're in trouble :unsure

I just spoke to my vet. She said that anywhere between 30 minutes and 2 hours is okay in terms of spacing out the Sucralfate and the Pepcid. She did say I should probably wait at least 30 minutes before feeding him, so that's what I'll do. And then I'll give him the Pepcid. I am very very grateful for everyone's advice... I just feel that if this is working, I should probably stick to it. We'll see, though. I'm open to changing anything and everything I'm doing if it turns out not to work. So please do keep any suggestions coming, I may not update as often as I'd like, but I read EVERYTHING!

The latest is that he had FULLY FORMED, FIRM poop this afternoon!!!!! :yay:confetti:yaygreenstars.gif

:)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm doing a happy poop dance in Merlin's honor! So glad to read the positive update. Hope this is really a turning point for him. Sending you all good wishes for sleep, firm poop, and general happiness!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Yahoo!! So relieved to read that things are going so well!! I'm keeping everything crossed that this is the new trend!

Whatever else is going on that is distracting you from Merlin and sleep, I banish it! *stern glare*

Rest and recover, the lot of you!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest IHeartDogs

Wonderful! Keep it up! Don't worry about changing things (we just wanted the med timing to be better so they work 100%). You want to keep him stable and then you can worry about what to feed or what other drugs/supplements you want to use.

Good job Merlin, you keep eating and giving out solid poos. :thumbs-up

So happy for you :grouphug Hope you get some sleep and things settle down at work & home.

Wonderful updates!!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Yay for firm poo. I sure hope you are on the upside of this now Kerry.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Oh, Kerry, I have missed this, I'm sorry! Butt glad to have found it by that time there was some GOOD news :yay:clap:yay:clap

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Kerry, you have been through such a tough time! :grouphug I am so glad to hear that things seem to be improving :yay:yay:yay

I will continue to keep you and Merlin in my thoughts and prayers :hope

Kathy

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.