We Have Company!

Meet Nico. He is a Galgo from Spain. He is staying with us for a few days.

He recently joined his new Mom after her loss of Snickers last September. He fell right into Snickers' old job of testing the human beds and furniture in the house to make sure they are soft enough.  He will be a regular guest here and has been given automatic Platinum Status in our Guest Perks program. 

Sorry - links should be fixed now. 

CxRyPYH.jpg

M3JXsBD.jpg

JI7ow6d.jpg

zEqkyZK.jpg

kddJKul.jpg

Edited by Time4ANap
links fixed
  • Like 8
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Papas Fritas por todos! :chow

• Haha 1

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

<...has been given automatic Platinum Status in our Guest Perks program.>

That obviously includes lap privileges :lol Excellent!

Welcome, Nico! :kiss2

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Gorgeous boy. Cuddly too. :lol: 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

4 hours ago, Remolacha said:

:beatheart:beatheart  A lap dog I see :rofl

I will be interested to know if you can tell any difference between a galgo and the retired racers.

If you ask Siri, "How do you say lay down in Spanish,"  he will do what Siri says when she answers. He obviously speaks fluent Spanish. 

He gets along beautifully with all of the racers that he's met. Last night he climbed into bed with us and stayed there until it was time to go to his own bed on the floor. Never heard a peep out of him all night and this morning he jumped into bed with me and gave me kisses to wake me up. 

4 hours ago, palmettobug said:

Papas Fritas por todos! :chow

Not yet. Soon! 

• Like 1

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

2 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

If you ask Siri, "How do you say lay down in Spanish,"  he will do what Siri says when she answers. He obviously speaks fluent Spanish. 

He gets along beautifully with all of the racers that he's met. Last night he climbed into bed with us and stayed there until it was time to go to his own bed on the floor. Never heard a peep out of him all night and this morning he jumped into bed with me and gave me kisses to wake me up. 

:wub: This sounds like a nice way to wake up! He’s gorgeous 

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

Nico The Handsome is clearly settling into Platinum Guest status seamlessly. :wub:

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

He looks so sweet.  You have to give me a tutorial on how to post pictures.  It always says that the file is too big.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

29 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

So I am wondering if Lorinda is going to have to fight to get her dog back when she comes home :rofl

Dog?  What dog? :dunno

• Haha 4

What a handsome hound :wub:

Our Kibo went from Spain to a French speaking home in Quebec. He was there for 3 months before coming here. 

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

1 hour ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

Our Kibo went from Spain to a French speaking home in Quebec. He was there for 3 months before coming here. 

Is Kibo tri-lingual? :colgate 

• Like 1

Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

((( thud )))     I love how galgos look like someone has taken an exacto knife to the genetic blueprint and shaved off just a little bit of the greyhound shape here and there -- the galgo lines look so clean and sharp.  

, "How do you say lay down in Spanish," 

I'll tell you the same thing my father told me when I was trying to teach dear Eve to and lie down -- "If you're going to be yelling at that poor dog, at least use correct grammar."  (My father did not believe in trying to train dogs to do anything they might not want to do. )  "Lie down" means to move ourselves.  We lie down on the bed, or on the floor.  "Lay down" means to place something else.  We lay a remote on the end table.  :)  

• Like 1

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

14 hours ago, spottydog said:

He looks to be a big boy!

He's actually kind of petite. He's only about 45-50 lbs.  He has sort of a Roman nose whuch makes his head look a little large for hs body but he is extremely handsome.

It has been an uneventful weekend except for 2 pee incidents in the hallway. He is still not fully housebroken but is doing well with that. The locations where he peed were likely locations where other dogs peed long ago, or very close. He's also a champion roacher and has spent about the last 12 hours upside down. He did let me know when he needed to fo out in the middle of the night, so I think he is doing pretty well overall at potty training and he likely detected the old pee spots when he went inside the house. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

((( thud )))     I love how galgos look like someone has taken an exacto knife to the genetic blueprint and shaved off just a little bit of the greyhound shape here and there -- the galgo lines look so clean and sharp.  

:nod 

On 6/20/2024 at 10:10 PM, Time4ANap said:

this morning he jumped into bed with me and gave me kisses to wake me up. 

:beatheart

Hola, Nico! :wave   Whatta hampsum boi! :beatheart

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound