Gigi, Our Christmas Miracle Galga

greyhndz

Gigi -- Giselle, Baby G, whatever you called her, she was delighed to answer to.

I lost her today to an apparent adrenal tumor. She had a rough few weeks into June, and a great surge over the past 6 weeks, but it came to an end, and it would not have been right to put her through the extreme stress of critical care again when it almost certainly would happen again. Her eyes told me she was ready, and everybody understands "the eyes". No turning away from them.

My vet came, it was quick and peaceful, not even a movement. And now she's on her way to be with Mafi and Teo and Dandi and we're here feeling the pain and emptiness.

I do believe it's true that the greatest way to honor a dog is to rescue another, and we do have another galga coming to us in the next month or two. I may not be able to wait, though, and am giving serious thought to adopting locally (a GH female) while we wait for our galga to arrive. Tim is so sad, and was so attached to Gigi that I'd like him to have a companion now. But since the dogs we choose are always chosen for us, we'll go with the flow and see what sails our way.

Je t'adore, Giselle..... :brokenheart

gallery_13500_3571_100007.jpggallery_13500_3571_47819.pnggallery_13500_3571_165881.jpggallery_13500_3571_263012.jpg

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

I'm so sorry. Hugs to you in your loss.

Godspeed, pretty girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry :( :( :(:cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh, your beautiful, beautiful girl. :brokenheart The right galga or greyhound will come along, and at just the right time. Be good to yourself my friend.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Gigi.

Remebmer the good times....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Jordan, of all the strangest things, I was thinking of you today. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so very sorry. What a lovely girl...

Godspeed Gigi.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Jordan, of all the strangest things, I was thinking of you today. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

Double strange, as you were also in my thoughts last night. Jordan, I am so terribly sorry. That beautiful white face, just so full of love :beatheart

:grouphug to you my friend.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Gigi was such a special girl. I am so sorry for your loss.

Rest well sweet Gigi. :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

She was and always will be beautiful. I am very sorry for your loss.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

My deepest sympathy. :grouphug The tribute and pictures were powerful leaving no doubt of just how special and unique Gigi is. Love is the most powerful force there is, it is energy, as are we, and it cannot be destroyed by death or anything else. She will be with you always.

I identify strongly with everything you said. Oh yeah, the eyes........ and ...We both know that Gigi is nothing less than delighted that you are opening your heart to another galga. And about how you don't know if you can wait for her to arrive. After Ivy crossed over I simply could not face the prospect of being houndless-I couldn't even stand the thought-and I adopted Goldie less than 48 hours after Ivy left. And Ivy was very relieved that I did so she didn't have to worry about me being so utterly lost without a hound.

And them picking us-yep my soul mate Slim taught me that and it IS true. I know how exciting it is to wonder who picked us and were they in 'cahoots' with our bridge angel etc. But as you said THEY are the ones who decide and lucky for us they do. It is all love. It is all beautiful, as is our departed loved one.

"Some animals...leave a trail of glory behind them.
They give their spirit to the place where they have lived,
and remain forever a part of the rocks and streams and the wind and sky."

- Marguerite Henry

:f_red:f_pink :f_pink :f_red

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Gigi. I have a soft spot in my heart for the Galgos, and she was so very lovely. Thank-you for giving her a wonderful home and family.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Wow, that is so strange, Irene. I think it's the connection that longtime greyhound people have.... we may go months or years without speaking but there's enough of a bond that we just "know" sometimes. :heart Your kindness always means so much to me.

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg