My Boy Taylor

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 days after surgery, and Taylor easily jumps in and out of the Tuscon (30" height), and we are already out and about stopping at some of his favorite stores, with him going in and getting hugs and kisses and treats.

He's eating well, and sleeping well.

Just had his groomer come to the house to dremel his nails, and it's nap time again.

001_zpswfsq65cc.jpg

Taylor really looks wonderful.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Yay Taylor! I am delighted that your community knows him and is rallying around his recovery. :beatheart

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

19 days after surgery, and this morning we went to the bank to deposit the insurance refund check for the amputation/hospitalization.

Taylor went marching in, and went ROARING over to the lady at the desk who HAS THE COOKIES!!!

We've been back to rides 2-3 times a day for a week and a half, and just started jumping out of the Tuscon 5 days ago and visiting all of our favorite stores. The boys get hugs and kisses and treats.

Chemo #4 out of 6 (every 4 weeks) is scheduled this afternoon, as long as the blood work is OK.

001_zps6ed4e9io.jpg

Sounds like it is all going well. Continued wishes for more good healing and recovery. Way to go Taylor!!!

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so glad that Taylor is doing well!!

Debbie

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is the reason for this being the last chemo. You had posted earlier that this was #4 of 6.

All is good.

Originally, at diagnosis time in mid-January, Taylor oncologist suggested doing 6 rounds.

Ohio State, the source of the 4 free rounds of chemo, suggests 4 rounds in their program.

Many other greyhound owners have done only 4.

According to his doctor, and other doctors, there is not that much of a difference in survival rate between 4 rounds and 6 rounds.

His lymph node came back negative for cancer, and his lungs were fine 3 weeks ago today on the day of surgery.

He continues on Piroxicam, which is an anti-inflammatory, has some pain relief, and is one of the drugs used in ongoing metronomic therapy.

When he goes back in 4 weeks to check his blood work, we will discuss adding Cytoxan, which is an oral form of a chemo maintenance drug.

Taylor looks great! Face is adorable as ever!

Debbie

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....