My Boy Taylor

Taylor is home, as of 1:45 PM.

He is managing getting up and down, and he gets around OK in the back yard.

At around 4:30, he drank water, ate a jar of baby food, and around a half a can of 2 different kinds of dog food.

Then he went out to pee (good color) and a big poop, and now is resting again.

He seems comfortable.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, so glad he is home!

Debbie

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

So good to hear Taylor is home & all systems are functioning normally.

Now all you boys get a good rest tonight. I'll bet it feels greyt to have the whole family together.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Glad he is home and doing well. It's got to be a huge relief to you.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

He ate another 1/2 can of dog food around 7:00 PM, and maybe a half a cup of rotisserie chicken. Then he went out to pee, plenty and looked OK, and then came in a drank a bowl of water.

Sutures come out 14 days after surgery, so that's a week from Friday.
I finally went to take a shower at 9:00 PM, leaving Face and Taylor sleeping in the den.
15 minutes later, Face wandered into the bathroom.
When I walked back into the den, no Taylor!!!
I looked in one of the bedrooms, and there he was laying there all by himself.
Sleeping comfortably on the carpet.
I put the little table top fan on the floor to blow on him, and hopefully I can get him up at 11:00 PM to take his Tramadol, go out to pee, and then get him into my bedroom onto his bed. Otherwise, wherever he will be sleeping tonight is where I will put the inflatable bed.
I have no idea if he can go overnight without peeing. Still plenty of fluids, but no bruising.

Last evening, and overnight went well.

I took him out to pee in the middle of the night, but he slept the rest of the night.

Maybe it was too bright in the room?

No clue with Taylor with his nose jammed under his bolster bed.
And Face was in his usual position.
Bruising is pretty much all gone since he got home yesterday, edema is WAY down, and the incision looks clean and dry. The skin is just a little pink, but that's mostly the camera.
He's peeing a nice color; drinking water; ate 2 cans of dog food, a jar of baby food, and around a cup of little pieces of rotisserie chicken during a few feeding yesterday after he came home, and he gets up and down fine. He's balancing OK on his 3 legs, too.
By 12:30 PM today, he's been outside three times walking around and peeing, and pooped, and has had a can and a half of dog food.
Now it's nap time again.
002_zps7ycqh4td.jpg
004_zpszs8p1dsw.jpg
003_zpsn9rcoqdx.jpg

Sounds like Taylor is doing awesome, and he looks good (what I can see of him, anyway--silly boy!). Face, you're a goofball. :wub:

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

So glad Taylor is doing so well. Face is quite as ever!

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

:yay !!!

:yay !!!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

This morning, Taylor ate almost 2 cans of dog food, and a jar of baby food.

At around 10:00 AM, after they went out to pee, I asked if he wanted to go for a ride (that's the normal time).......YESSSSSS.

He went right to the back door, out into the garage, and up the steps into the back of the Tuscon. He then laid right down and we went for a ride. Even stopped at one of their favorite places, the pool supply store, and one of the guys that works there came out to see him.

Now he's resting comfortably. 9 days after surgery.

004_zpsiks3stoi.jpg

FullSizeRender%2092_zps9lb1er4c.jpg

003_zpsd3zdeyeq.jpg