My Boy Taylor

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks great and sounds like he is doing well! Continued healing thoughts for your boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Continued good thoughts for your beloved Taylor. He really looks good.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Taylor's updates are really wonderful. I'm so glad that he is doing so well. Everyone must be just so happy to be home and all together again. Good thoughts still coming your way for your boy.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

hope Taylor continues to do well.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

This is Taylor, getting ready to digest dinner, 11 days post-amputation.

2 days ago, Taylor would be laying on the carpet, and I would put a plate down with maybe a half a can of dog food, and he would lift his head a little and eat it and then stop and go back to sleep.

He would then eat another couple of hours later, a little more.

Dinner tonight, was almost two cans of dog food on a plate being held while he stood, and then when I was preparing Face's dinner, dry food, Taylor was standing there. I gave him a piece. Gulp. Gave him another piece. Gulp. Put a cup of that food in a bowl, with water, and he stood there at his table eating.

Good boy.

IMG_1726_zpsfwsw3b8k.jpg

FullSizeRender%2096_zps7tlf9qvr.jpg

Good times :)

Tangential question -- why is the pool supply store one of his favorite places?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Good times :)

Tangential question -- why is the pool supply store one of his favorite places?

Because they have COOKIES!!!

It's in a strip mall we walk at often, and all the people who work there LOVE my boys.

(I don't have a pool :hehe )

It's so cute that your dogs have godparents. :)

Their adoption agency likes to "assign" godparents to new adopters, such as myself, with NO greyhound experience.

Plus my only other dog was a Miniature Schnauzer when I was growing up, and he's been gone 30 years.

And everyone in the neighborhood thought his name was "SHUT UP G_D DA_N YOU", because that's all they ever heard my mother calling the dog :hehe