My Boy Taylor

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of you Taylor, and your family anxiously waiting at home.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Surgery was delayed due to other emergencies.

I got a call at 3:00 advising me that they hadn't even started surgery yet.

Hopefully soon.

Got a call at 6:05 that he was in surgery and I should get a call in an hour.

It's been 2 hours.

:hope

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

The surgeon just called me at 8:27 PM and he's OK.

Surgery went well. They even got the lymph gland out, which is what they wanted.

The doctor was so sorry about the delay, but Taylor surgery was held up by emergencies.

He's sleeping comfortably, with an IV of pain med.

The breathing tube will come out in a few minutes.

The surgeon will be back in at 8:00 AM, and then someone will call me in the morning with the status, and if there are any emergenices overnight, I will be called.

So I shall continue with "no news is good news"

Thank you all for you thoughts, love, support.

That boy is going to wake up very hungry! So glad that the surgery went well.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Please try to get some rest tonight.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I just spoke with the surgeon at 9:00 AM: Taylor is doing VERY well. :yay:yay

He had a comfortable night, and has gotten up on his own a few times this morning to walk out of his crate.

Bruising is minimal, for a greyhound, and he has NOT been whiny and vocal like a lot of greyhounds are after surgery.

The surgeon is very pleased with how he is so far, and as long as this continues to be the case, he should be ready to leave after our discharge appointment on Monday at 2:15.

Spoke with a doctor at 1:00. He assisted in the surgery Friday and will be there today and all day tomorrow.

Taylor is doing quite well. He has been getting better balancing when he gets up, and they are starting to wean him off of inject-able pain medication to oral form. His appetite should improve when it's an oral form, and he's only eaten around 1/3 of a can of dog food today.

He is getting fluids though his IV and he seems quite fine laying in his run with people around, but not as comfortable when there is a lot of noise or activity in the room.

That's normal for him. He's a laid-back, mellow kind of BIG boy who kind of "stays out of the way" when things get busy.

I will get an update Sunday morning around 9:00 AM and again on Monday around 9:00 AM, and at this time, it's still looking good for the discharge appointment Monday at 2:15.

And here is how Face is managing with Taylor gone yesterday and today. Face has been with us 2 years.

"Taylor? Taylor, who??" :flip

Face and I were out this morning to 2 strip malls, into 4 different stores for cookies, and went shopping at Lowe's.

IMG_1676_zpsu7bwpcx9.jpg

So glad for the great updates on Taylor. He and Brady are a lot alike, laid-back and staying out of any ruckuses.

Look forward to his coming home.

Love seeing Face holding up the "fort" side couch till Taylor returns.

Debbie

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

The doctor called at 9:15 AM: all is going well.

Taylor gets up and down by himself, has been walked a 100 yards a few times to pee.

He is young (only 6) and well muscled so that is helping him get around.

He is off of IV pain medications and is now taking Tramadol and has a Fentanyl patch for pain.

Bruising has spread, but it is normal for a greyhound, and swelling is minimal.

He's on Amicar.

He's not whining or crying, like a lot of greyhounds so after surgery, and today will be a quieter day in the building for him (less people coming and going).

Taylor lays there and naps, or "observes".

He still isn't eating that much, but that should be improving today without the IV pain medications.

I will get called Monday morning around 9:00 AM with an update, and to confirm that he should be released on Monday afternoon.

As of now, it looks like he will be well enough to come home Monday.

Sounds like Taylor is doing very well! So glad to read this.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.