Doodles Collapsed Tonight

seeh2o

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh-poor baby :-(. Please check her urine for protein--proteinuria can often lead to stroke. If it's a stroke it's best to be treated with aspirin and/or plavix--not corticosteroids! Dr Couto has been extremely clear with that fact.

Please consider consulting with him once you have had more diagnostics run.

http://www.coutovetconsultants.com

Thank you. I called the vet who is seeing her right now, she is waiting for the neurologist to come in and consult and will discuss this with him. This place is very knowledgeable about greyhounds, many SoCal greyhound groups use them.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Morning update:

Waiting for Neuro consult. Her b/p was low, initially. Front legs are still "stiff", knuckling under. She did not want to lay on her left side and fought them, but did let them turn her a couple of hours ago. They thought she was nauseous as she was drooling heavily off and on, so they are giving her meds for that. Dr Stryker did not sound positive at all. Said I should hear from Dr Berry this morning.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Keeping you and Doodles in my thoughts...very scary so I hope everything turns out ok

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Sending prayers for you and Doodles. :hope

GjNXbWW.jpg

Lucas Larf Laserman, the greyhound formerly known as U Too Isaiah: 9/26/05 - 9/3/16 ~ Gotcha: 6/24/09

Zelda Zipper Honeybee, the greyhound formerly known as Lee Vonda: 8/26/04 - 8/19/18 ~ Gotcha: 12/7/14

Sending many prayers! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest sireltonsmom

Hoping Doodles recovers! Sir Elton had a stroke and lived 9 more months to 14.5. Here's hoping Doodles has lots of time left with you. Holding you all close in my heart.