Doodles Collapsed Tonight

seeh2o

Just checked on her, the guy called her Miss Doodles and told me she ate tonight. They had to hand feed her, but she ate. I'll talk to the neurologist in the morning after he does rounds.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear she's eating. :hope

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Continued good thoughts! I am glad she are as that is a positive sign.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest budsmom

More good thoughts from WI. A friend of mine had a hound that had a stroke and that dog recovered almost 100% and went on to live a few more years, so there is every reason to be optimistic. I'm so happy to hear progressively better updates, if she is upright and eating she is feeling much better! Fingers and paws crossed for continued improvement so she can come home.

Friday update: Last night she ate, hand fed, but she ate. This morning the tech said she had rested comfortably, but had not moved up on her chest. We hung up and not more than a minute later they called me, the tech said that after we hung up she looked at her and she had moved upright onto her chest, she said, "she made a liar out of me!" so she called me right back. I told her she heard me on the phone.

Dr. Berry thought that her laying upright and eating was good, but said that when they try to get her up to stand she seems dizzy and cannot stand. He things it was a stroke near the vestibular area of her brain. She can see and hear just fine. He asked me to come down to visit her to see how she reacted, so I saw her this afternoon. Brought one of mama's stinky nightshirts, one of her favorite toys (a big gorilla) and a bag filled with her favorite treats. She was asleep when I got there, woke up and recognized me. She wasn't excited like I had hoped, but then again she's on a Valium IV drip (which mommy wants in on!). She was happy to have me rub her neck and ears, ate some treats with gusto. Then I started hand feeding her from the bowl next to her pillow. I hand fed about half of the bowl, she ate the rest out of the bowl! More treats for desert. She's able to move her head and neck with ease. They didn't try to get her up when I was there, they were really busy.

The neurologist wants to keep her for at least 24 more hours, but she's going to need to stay longer so long as she's on an IV and a catheter. I'm so glad I have insurance for her. She's always been my healthy hound, no problems at all, no limps or scares, etc.

It was hard to leave her, her eyes were boring holes in me as I walked out, she watched me all the way to the hallway. While I'm disappointed that there hasn't been more progress, Ed did remind me that she had a stroke less than 2 days ago, point well taken. She's not out of the woods yet, so please keep those good thoughts, white light, prayers, etc. headed her way.

I miss her so much, her happy silly energy at home. My sweet Doodle Bug. :beatheart

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

I'm so glad to hear she's improving, but my heart goes out to you. I've had to leave a boy behind in ICU under similar circumstances, even knowning he had the best of all possible care, it was heart rending. And the slow pace of progress is so hard too, all I can do is hold all of you in the light.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Good news so far. I'm glad you got to see each other.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So good to hear encouraging news. These kids are so resilient. Desi was in ICU last year after having a clot that lodged in a thigh muscle & made that leg entirely

useless. He couldn't even hold it up....drug it like a stick of wood. When they sent him home (because they weren't doing anything I couldn't do at home) they told

me me "may" recover some use of that leg, just have to wait & see. Within a week he was toe touching, 2 weeks = bearing weight with a significant limp, 30 days =

walking well. Now you'd never know what he'd been through.

Best wishes & prayers that Doodles continues to improve.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Hoping there will be a positive Saturday update.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hoping to see a good update. :hope:goodluck

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Saturday update:

Fingers and paws crossed, but I think we had some progress today. I went down to visit her, they brought her in on a gurney to visit with me in an exam room so it was a lot quieter. One of the techs looked at me and said, "She stood up" My jaw hit the ground. When they went to get her she stood up on her own...she said she was very wobbly and leaning against a wall, but she did it! The tech said she almost put her in a sling and walked her to the exam room, but she was afraid to stress her more. She seemed more alert, ate like a greedy little pig. I had to pull the water away from her because I wanted her to pace herself. The last thing I need is to have her bloat. She laid upright very easily, I put her food bowl between her front and back legs so she would have to work at getting the food and water - she did for both! After eating she let me pet her, took a little nap, but started to get restless. I was there about an hour. A different vet tech came in to get her, she and I tried to get her to stand up, but the floor was way too slick and she has a tough time on slick floors on a good day.

Baby steps - I can't wait for her neurologist to hear about her standing up.