Doodles Collapsed Tonight

seeh2o

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday update: Doodles is taking a few steps in her own! The staff likened her to a baby giraffe leaning to walk, vet said she's still a bit ataxic. I couldn't visit her today because I had to work. She is coming home Thursday! Urethral catheter has been removed, she's starting to eat again and they feel her stubbornness is a good sign. I knew her stubbornness was a very good sign. The neurologist is really happy with her progress. Bought her a Help'em Up Harness today, an having it overnighted and I should have it tomorrow.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Great update!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

So happy to hear of her progress. Her journey brought back memories of my Ruby--although she didn't have a stroke, but an accident that left her basically paralyzed. We had to syringe feed her, so you are very fortunate that Doodles is eating on her own!

Do they give anticoagulants to dogs who've had a stroke? Just wondering, since you certainly don't want her to have another one!

Edited by rascalsmom

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

This is great! When my dog had a stroke (pre greyhounds) she was treated with acupuncture. She made a full recovery at age 14.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

ONG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!! Just spoke to her vet, Dr Berry....SHE WALKED ON A LEASH AND A HARNESS UNASSISTED TO GO POTTY!!!!!! He is very excited about her "significant progress"...I can hardly breathe!

So happy to hear of her progress. Her journey brought back memories of my Ruby--although she didn't have a stroke, but an accident that left her basically paralyzed. We had to syringe feed her, so you are very fortunate that Doodles is eating on her own!

Do they give anticoagulants to dogs who've had a stroke? Just wondering, since you certainly don't want her to have another one!

I think she will be on Plavix (sp?) when she comes home tomorrow. Her regular vet is already talking about/planning on acupuncture treatments!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

:)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest sireltonsmom

I bought runners at Bed Bath & Beyond for Sir Elton which gave him the stability he needed. Actually 5 x 7 rugs can be bought for under $100 on sale. We put one in the entryway for him as well. Our current boy doesn't like tile so these work for him as well.

I'm so happy that Doodles is improving regularly and know how relieved you are. Good thoughts go her way daily. Yay for her homecoming!

What wonderful, awesome news! I remember how thrilled I was when Ruby--after just one chiropractic treatment--got up and walked unassisted. A happy day indeed!! Sounds like some very yummy treats are in order.... :)

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

wonderful news!!!!!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway