Doodles Collapsed Tonight

seeh2o

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So good to see this. Hang in there, Doodles!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

:) :) :) :) :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest sireltonsmom

My Sir Elton had a stroke at age 14. My vet said he'd recover...or he wouldn't. In a few days he was well able to navigate pretty well and lived for a while longer. His leaving wasn't due to the stroke. Just tired at 14.5. Your sweetie sounds like she's doing well. Take heart. And we keep you and her in our hearts.

The Emergency Vet is just 4 miles from my house! I love those folks, as they repaired MacKenzies knee and broken leg.

You are in good hands and what a miracle that your sweet girl is doing better and has that fiesty attitude. Go Miss Doodles, you can do it!!!!!!!

15915127311_7ffb7b5f61_q.jpg

MacKenzie McPherson

Wonderful news! Glad to hear that Doodles is starting to recover. My boy had a stroke a couple years ago... scary to witness...cuz you have not clue what is happening or what to do. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Keep it up Doodles!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I saw her earlier today, she was more animated, but very stressed. Tried to get up twice, but the tile floor was too slick.

Soooo, I just called for an update...she stood, at least THREE TIMES tonight! They moved her to a cage and she stood on all four legs to dig at her bedding. I spoke with the tech, Benny, who helped wheel her in Wed night. He said she is wobbly, but stood up on all by herself and she pooped twice! Now they need to get her to eat. She's drinking too much water, so he's only letting her have a little at a time, probably residual from the pred. She's only on antibiotics, stuff for her stomach and her regular soloxine. Can't wait to see her tomorrow morning when I go down with my friend (she had a broken leg dog going down for follow up...not osteo)!!!

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Great news! Way to go, Doodles!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Visited her today, she fell asleep with her head on my leg, she never does that, started dreaming! She will NOT walk for them or even stand, but alone in her crate she gets up, stands on all 4 legs and changes position. Dr said one of the overnight techs made a video of her doing it & showed him!

They took her out last night to reposition her and at some point she got up and acted as if she were going to walk around the room for a stroll.

Vet wants to keep her for another 24 hours, thinks she may be better off at home, I don't disagree, but given I have to work and live alone, I'm leery for her safety.

I have a friend who can take her for a couple of days, but her floors are all hardwood. I'd prefer he keep her until Wed or Thurs then I can keep her at home over the weekend, be home with her & work with her. Ed is supposed to come this weekend to help me out, that would be a huge physical and emotional help to me.

She wouldn't even try to walk out of the room for them, bunched up her legs, looked like she was hog tied without the tie. Grrrr...

I've put in a call to a friend who is an animal communicator. Maybe she can help Doodles and me!

ETA she still has a catheter in her bladder. Is it safe for them to come home with that?

Also, she hasn't been eating well the last couple of days. They gave me two different kinds of food to try, she turned her nose up at both (home cooked beef and potatoes and chicken and rice...made me hungry), but when my friend pulled the treats out...boy howdy, she chomped them down with gusto. She's being willful and stubborn, she must be getting better!

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014