Nadia, Duchess Of Blackwood, May 11, 1999 - June 4, 2012

MarcR

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for your loss. The Joisey Girls were some of the first hounds I felt like I got to "know" here on GT and I have been a fan of theirs ever since. That was a lovely tribute to the Duchess. She will be missed.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Oh, Marc, my heart sank when I saw her name here. Nadia was my first GT girlhound crush, a larger than life dog who I fell in love with, even though I knew her only in cyberspace and through her Dad's eloquent words. If ever a dog was understood, appreciated, and loved unconditionally, in the home where she was meant to be, it was Nadia. How blessed you both were to have shared each other's lives.

I'm so sorry you lost your magnificent Duchess.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest TwinklenRea

I'm so sorry Marc! I know you did everything you could for her and no one could love her more than you do.

Run free, Duchess Nadia. We will miss you but know you are looking out for all of us.

Ahh, Duchess, we will miss you. Godspeed, sweetie.

I'm so sorry, Marc.

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

:angelwingsf_yellow:angelwingsf_yellow:angelwingsf_yellow:angelwings

Nadia the Duchy will never be the same without you. We are so very sorry to hear you have crossed the bridge

Sabrina & Caroline

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Duchess.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Mostly, I am at peace, but there are times when I can feel the shards of my heart rattling around in the hole she has left behind.

Nadia, my beautiful duchess, I will miss you forever.

Dad

:weep :weep :cry1 :cry1 Can't even see through the tears to type properly. I am so terribly sorry, Marc, with all of my heart I am sorry. She leaves such an impossibly large, tremendously deep, perfectly heart-shaped hole in this forum - impossible to quantify. I will miss her so much. I can barely even take in that the beautiful, wise, proud Duchess of Blackwood is no more. It just doesn't compute. But she will remain in our hearts forever.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Rest in peace, Nadia, thank you for sharing your beautiful self with us all :gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest twoskinnydogs

I am so sorry for your loss. She was a special girl and you gave a wonderful tribute to her.

Godspeed Nadia

Marc, words are never enough but I am so sorry that it was time for Nadia to leave. She truly had a royal presence and a following of loyal subjects here on GT worthy of her status.

I have chosen a beautiful flower for her for the memory garden. I hope you don't mind, but I thought it was fitting that it be the same one I had chosen for Sam - Royal Wedding Poppies.

Run free Nadia - find your sisters, Sam and all your other friends at the bridge. Your loyal subjects will always remember you.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Marc, what a beautiful tribute. And Pat, what a good friend.

I will always remember Nadia, as George's first virtual girlfriend. They had such a lovely time together on their "trips."

Bless you for letting her go before she suffered for too long. That's a wonderful gift.

Hugs,

Susan and George

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck