Nadia, Duchess Of Blackwood, May 11, 1999 - June 4, 2012

MarcR

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah Marc what a very special girl she was. There are so many of us who will miss her so much. She will always be remembered.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Marc, I saw your post early this morning. I wept on the way to work thinking about your loss of beautiful Nadia. I am so glad to have met your regal duchess. I loved all of the photographs of Nadia you shared with all of us over the years.

Thinking about you tonight, Marc. :grouphug

Godspeed, graceful Nadia. We will remember you always.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Guest IHeartDogs

My deepest sympathies, the Duchess was such a beauty.

I feel your pain and heartache and send you peace and comfort.

Run free Nadia, rule the bridge...

Godspeed Your Grace. We will miss you.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest vahoundlover

I am so sorry you had to say farewell to your beautiful Nadia. She reminds me so much of Sheba. These girls who have it all, really wrap you around their paw,don't they?!

Godspeed Beautiful :f_pink

So shocked to see Nadia's name here. I'm sorry she had to go but bless her for going on her terms, her way. Such quiet beautiful determination. "She was a lady and a lady always knows when to leave". I hope you are all doing okay today...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Marc, what a beautiful tribute to your regal lady. Nadia's "Dutchess of Blackwood" picture is one of my very favorites. She will be very missed. Godspeed "My Lady". :f_red My condolences.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Sharing in your grief. Rest in peace, your Grace.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Marc there are no words .... just tears. Many, many tears.

Hugs,

Carol Ann & Riley Roo.

:f_pink:f_white:f_pink

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so very sorry!!!! she was a lovely girl :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:cry1 A tribute worthy of The Duchess. I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest ChancesMom

Marc, I am so sorry to be reading this. Sue sent me an email telling me about the Duchess and you could not have written a more beautiful tribute. My heart is breaking for you and you did one of the most unselfish things that you could have done when you let her go.

:gh_run :gh_run Run free beautiful girl. You are among the best of the best. :f_white

Guest Vers

I am sorry beyond words. Your Nadia, Duchess of Blackwood, was so very much loved by so many. She was an icon of greyhoundness, the strength, sweetness and grace, and I can only hope you know what I'm trying to say. In tears of sympathy for your deep loss. She was one in a trillion.

She was so fortunate to be loved by you, and I hope the love you shared brings you comfort.

Guest DoofBert

It is never easy! Nadia was indeed a special girl! She is indeed with the best. And, yes, our regal ladies will indeed rule at the bridge!