WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

:coffee How wonderful to see the meet up :digicamfirst thing this morning. :yay  and :beatheart

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

TGIF! Mom iz off to da big howse--dey are calling for high-high tides tuday, hopefully it won't be too bad.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Enjoy yur ride toonite, Mam! Oh, an we are so upsited abowt dat houndie!!!

LOOpin, wut greyt pichures ub yu, yur mama an Miss Lizbef.

JOOpiter - so glad yur mama iz back wif yu.

Ivy, we hope yu an yur daddy habz a gud day.

Wiki...enjoy yur mama time, too!!!

My daddy come home tomorrow morning fur three hole days!!! Ah am so upsited to see himz!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Miss Elizabeth, safe travels!  Are you heading back to Floriduh and Jupiter and Mister Richard?  Yes!  And you're home wif Jupe already!!

Wiki, I"m glad Mistress has you there to be her therapy hound.  What a difficult mess wif her computer connection, and the effort to set up a new computer too, in the middle ob all ob this. :grouphug   How great that long weekend is here and she can just knot think about werk at all.  They can manage on their lonesome whilst she gets some recovery time.  I hope there's gonna be lots ob fun during long weekend! :kiss2

Mam, how exciting!  You're gonna hab a black houndie too!  :yay 

Miss Nancy ob the Burg, I'm glad you don't hab much in the way ob COVID symptoms and that Mister Doug is getting better from it. :kiss2  You can't hug Miss Mary butt I know that she feels your lub and support even through the phone. :kiss2

Ivy, I hope that you can get your drain out at the vet today.  That would be bound to feel great. :kiss2
Poor Mister Jim and the sundowning thing.  Miss Kathy, I hope he does indeed hab an easier nights as the moon wanes.

Lupin, Ma sees 2 beautiful ladies and one hampsome hound in those photos. :heart  How wonderful to be able to meet in the furs and skin!!

Gino, I hope Miss Banessa will be safe downtown in the high tides and that the big house does knot collapse on her. :kiss2

Mam, are you getting Moonshine Soon-to-hab-a-new-name for you birfday?!  What a great present to gib yourself!!  :confetti  Happy Birfday!

Today is grocery shopping and werk wif the trainer day.  We finally hab sunshine here after several gloomy days. :yay

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Yay Ivy, feeling so much better and getting herown drain out! The campers are delighted that PBBs may have helped! Best thoughts for your dad, and continued strength to your momma. :bighug

Wate. Is she home already? @Mercsmom If you parked in Roxbury, you were 20' away from us. I don't know whether to feel :cry1 or <_<! And if your brother is indeed our naybor, it would be nice to know who that is! :lol:

• Like 2

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Her friendly that says he does says it's like having a conversashun with yourownseff inside your head. Momma says everything inside herown head is a picher.  The only words are, like, song lyrics or stuff like that.     Huh. Maybe I don't have an interior voice, 'cause your description sounds like me :blink:

Momma doesn't rememmer faces so good, but she rememmers voices *really* good, so even if she's not watching a show she can tell the differintse by their voices.     That's definitely a face blind thing. I'm much more likely to recognize someone if I hear their voice first :nod

It was all werk related and normilly that don’t get her messed up but thins were vary bad wiff the teknologee and her workload. She almoss cried.     Oh, Miss Jerilyn :grouphug

Greyt :digicam, Misses Kerry & Elizabeth and Lupin :hehe

:b-day Miss Nancy Mam!

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

:clap :digicamof Lupin, Misses Kerry & Elizabeth , all looking great. 

:b-dayMam . I think a nice black houndie would make a great gift .

:wave to you Miss New Carol.  i hope you have your computer & phone & are getting stronger each day.

Miss Cindy how are things in your quiet house.

Ivy did the vet unplug you ?

Bitzi

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Nate..ah hopes yur mama buys yu sumfin gud at da market.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Hello my Friendlies!!

We are having mostly sunnings rite from the start today!!  But it started out in the low 50s, and with the windy winds coming from the oshun, we're not gonna get really warm.  Kinda the perfekt weather day around here today an tamarrow!!  :thumbs-up 

:b-day  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAM!!!!!  :b-day  Boff me and Momma think getting a new houndie for your birthday is a good idea!!  :nod  

We are also hoping that Miss Noo Carol is getting more betterer and feeling more betterer!!!  :nod  

Miss Vanessa, maybe having your bilding warsh away in a big flood would not be the wurstest thing to ever happen.  :dunno   As long as you aren't in it at the time, of course!!  ;) 

Hopefully Mister Jim has a good testing and Miss Ivy has her draining out already!!  :banana 

Miss FancyToo, have you put in your brekkie order for the weekend yet??  :chow  

Hahahaha!!!  Antie Jennie, maybe that's why you and her get along so good!!!  :lol  

Miss Lizabeth!!!  You almost got to meet MISS JAN too!!!  That woulda been awesome!!  Plus also, you coulda got your houndie fix twice!!  :pepper 

Those cleaning doodettes were here and gone in a hour yesserday cause there was FOUR of em!!!  :eek  The main doodette that's been to our house alla the times is one of their trainers, I think, cause she's always telling em what to do and how to do it.  Plus also, they were all really nice and gived us attenshun and pets!!  But it was a LOT of peeples to have in our teeny tiny house!!!  :eek 

Today I gotta go to the speshul eye vetamarian to see if my eyeballs got that PRA stuff like Mister Nate gots.  Momma thinks I probly do, but we'll see what this vetamarian says.  It's not until later on this affernoon tho, so I'm most wurried about not getting myown dinner on time!!  :chow 

Wishings for a figurative Friedday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Miss. Ducky, pleeze kood yu add ower frend Lily to yur rememboree payge. She waz a luvlee blak Greythowndee ov eleventy yeerz old and hur Mum and Dad had to mayke the desishun to send hur to the Raynbow Bridge this morning. She liked waaking wiv us, just the menshun ov mi nayme waz enuff to get hur upp offa hur bed to go fower a waak but this morning it did KNOT wurk so hur Mum knowed ther waz sumfing rong!

Fank yu.

Nutmeg, Zavvi and Mum, who gottid hur Greythowndee fix by mayking a fuss ov Lily after Chancey leftid us.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

5 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

If you parked in Roxbury, you were 20' away from us.

My brother has lived on Fort Hill (near Roxbury Crossing) for about 40 years in one of the row houses.  The area was sketchy for a long time but has been gentrified. 

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

HI!   Remember me?   It's Ivy!   I am back!   Last Friday I went to the vet and they gabe me sleepy juice and did some things and then I started bleeding and they gabe me more sleepy juice and did some more things and then I woke up and had tubes coming out ob my neck!  :eek    Then Momma and Daddy drobe me to a hospital to spend the night and eberywon there lubbed me.  But I had to wear the cone ob shame.   Hmmmf!   So Momma told me I had to do something called crate rest and can KNOT do zoomies!   So I habs been sleeping in my crate and can KNOT go up the stairs wif eberywon else.   Sigh.  But Momma came and checked on me during the night ebery night.  So today we went back to the vet and guess whot!   She took that tube out ob my neck!  :D   So now I feel more normal!    OH!   Plusalso I did knot want to eat when I wuz in the hospital and when I came home so momma gabe me kitteh fuds!   That stuff is nom nom nom!    So I feel lots better now!    Oh!   Momma wants to talk now.

The vet was very pleased with her progress and pulled the drain today.   Next Friday she will have her sutures removed from her neck and her leg.   The pathology results are in and the sarcoma on her leg came back as Stage I with tumor free margins and low likelihood of metastasis!  :yay     What a relief!     The salivary gland report came back as a benign salivary mucocele.

OK, thank you Momma.    We just came back from a short Wiki Walkie so I am going to go :nappy now.   

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png  

Edited by Potomacpupsmom
  • Like 11

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

PHHHEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

What a reeleef the you're getting back in the swinging of things Miss Ivy!!

AP - reeleefed 

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Hi! Hi! Hi!  Thanks for the support for my Mistress! She is feelin pritty mutch back to normill today. The trick of leafin the modem off for 24 hours did not fix the prollem wiff the werk lappertopper. :( But a noo wiffy router arrived today, that is next solooshun but she ain’t gonna do it today. She hadda log into werk to schedool a meetink for next week and get sum settins off the old lappertopper. The instruktshuns for settin up the noo one were crap and she’s got get a lot of her applacayshuns back.

But we had nice day off. We went back to bed affer gettin up so I could go pee (I didn’t) and have brekkie (only bout ¼). Then we had nice Wiki walkie even tho it was gettin hot. We’ve had 10 days in a row of temperchoors over 80 petigrees! :wow That is record breakin for September in Wiskconsin. Then Mistress went to lunchey by herself and the grossree store. She don’t mind eatin by herownself in a restyrant but she finds when she does she always gets crap service even tho she’s polite and fast and cleen. She’s also a good tipper but not when she’s ignored.

Happy birthday Miss Mam! :blowcandle A black girl houndie is a perfekt gifty for yourownself! :yay It’ll be fun to hear what you gonna call her.

Lupin! You and Miss Lizabeth and even your Mummy look great! You look vary stoic there whilst Miss Lizabeth is strangulatin you. :blink: :lol: Also I’m sorry you gotta help your Mummy wiff the anxiety so mutch. This is vary hard werk for a houndie and it’s horrible that your Mummy hasta feel that way.

Wait whot, Miss Lizabeth was rite by Camp Greyhound!?!?! What a mist hoppertoonity there!

Andipants, I hope the eyeball doktor says that the other doktor was rong and you can see juss fine.

Nutmeg, I’m so sorry bout your friend Lily. I know you had lots of good walkies in the forrist wiff her.

Ivy! What a ordeal you had! I’m so glad your feelin bedder and that the reports are all good noos! :yay

The dryin mashine is honkin and my blankies are in there. I lub a cleen blankie! I got a noo one from Aldi too! Oh yeah, Miss Vanessa! My Mistress likes them potato stiks too! She always got the herby ones but all they had were the hashbrown ones and she likes those even bedder now.

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

3 hours ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

the sarcoma on her leg came back as Stage I with tumor free margins

I don’t know what that means. Can you explain that in 3rd grade language? Thanks.

I was not strangulating Lupin. <_< He wouldn’t look at the camera and I was… helping.  Besides, he’s so huggable! 🖤❤️🖤

• Like 1

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Wiki, I hope yer momma gets ebberyfin werked owt soon! Owr IT wuz lukkin for a phantom laptop tuday, she culd see it connected to da network, but it didn't say WHO it wuz. Mom almost bought one ob doez blankets, but she sez we habs tuns ob blankets already.

I think the test results mean "we caught it early, and we got it all". Stages go up from there. 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Elizabeth, Vanessa is right.   Sarcomas are "staged" from Stage 1 to Stage 3 based on their likelihood to metastasize to other parts of the body.   Stage 1 is least likely to spread while stage 3 has the greatest chance of spreading.   Ivy's is a stage 1 which was wonderful news and the least likely to spread.   We already knew it was sarcoma from the aspiration biopsy and this stage was the result I was hoping for!

Tumor free margins means that the edges of the tumor showed normal tissue, meaning the tumor was relatively contained.

Edited by Potomacpupsmom
  • Like 4

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

TGIF!  Been a super busy week.  Jerilyn, I feel for you as I have been having all kinds of computer issues this week!  Had to go into the office to address them yesterday and David had the "joy" of dealing with Comcast regarding our internet.  Even though there was "nothing wrong," it was an absolute miracle that an hour after he got off the phone with them, our innerwebs were working way better!  <insert snark here>

Bad time to have these issues when I am trying to get ready for another trial!  

Ivy, yay for Stage 1 (which means low risk of recurrence or spread).  Hope you heal quickly, beautiful!  

Nancy o' the Burgh, I am so sorry to hear of all the sad/distressing/infuriating things that are going on in your whirled.  Many virtual hugs and white light coming your way.

Great pictures of two lovely ladies and a very hampsum houndie!  

Happy Birthday, Mam!  Your gorgeous birthday gift was certainly worth waiting for!  My belated "gift" is getting very comfortable around here and has decided that he is thinking of being top banana.  Sigh.  While I let them work out pack order themselves, he is not going to resource guard the couch.  A little come to Jesus is going to be in order!  

The littles, as we call them, are getting along extremely well.  The ruckus is becoming commonplace and not so scary to hear anymore :rofl We had the dog yard fence extended yesterday and it will be open for business starting tomorrow!  Woot!  

While we were in Denver, my father asked me what I thought of his driving.  Talk about treading gently!  He has agreed that he will no longer drive after dark unless it is a route with which he is extremely familiar and comfortable.  I had an easier time talking about sensitive subjects when my kids were young than about that!  Of course, he leaves tomorrow to drive 10 hours to the beach.  At least it will be all daylight and he will be there for a week before making the trek back.  And, he decided to take his bike, even though he knows his balance isn't all that great.  He did promise that if he fell and broke something that he would call me so I can bring him home.  My brother and I are trying to figure out how to convince him to get a recumbent bike.  If he falls off that, it isn't too far to the ground!  While he makes me worry, I can only hope that I have half the get-up-and-go that he has when I am 91.  

Had my annual dermatology check yesterday.  I have basal cell on both sides of my family, am freckled, and was a stupid teenager who spent too much time in the sun.  I get to have an excisional biopsy done next Friday - woohoo!  Very, very little concern that it is something nefarious, but it needs to go.  However, it is basically on the inside of my leg by my knee, which means two weeks of doing very little.  I feel for David as that is going to be awful for me.  I am too twitchy to sit still for two weeks!  

Anyway, time to get these four-leggers fed before all h3ll breaks loose!  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

:yay     Ivy.   That is most excellent news.

:(      Jerilyn.   Will you have to start going into the actual office if they don't get your innerweb issues sorted out?  Do you even have an actual office?

Run Free Lily  :(

Apache Moonshine is now scheduled to arrive in Ottawa 'sometime' on Tuesday morning  :goodluck     

I do have a couple of names in my mind. And I am hoping I'll be able to find out some of her history.  She is almost 7.   

Edited to share this photo of the two youngest barn kidlets on their ponies.  They are both 5 and the ponies  - Buzz & Poncho - are well into their 20's....

460971849_10232273918371512_6377973809183345305_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=aa7b47&_nc_ohc=imJ2eL1ZheQQ7kNvgG-1GtZ&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&_nc_gid=ATrT_GPlKxniaAjwMvVD3dr&oh=00_AYBPGhRJLY30k5jYfKQFK6m9jVdfAktRaJaBOGNdJK8OBw&oe=66F3EC13

Edited by BatterseaBrindl
  • Like 1

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Aaawww!!!  Lookit those kidlets riding theirown ponies!!  :wub:  

Miss Jerilyn we sure hope you get that stuff all fixed!!  It's a good thing you got such a repsonsible therapy houndie rite there living in yourown house!!!  ;)  

Miss Cindy it's a good thing your Dad brotted up that driving stuff on his own, instead of being forced to, like, take away his car or something like that.  :nod 

So here's the report of my eyeball examining this affernoon.  I DO NOT LIKE eye examining at all.  <_<  Shine the brite lite, turn off the room lite, shine more brite lite, in one eyeball and then the other and back to the firstest one - over and over and over!!!  :angryfire  I DO NOT LIKE THAT!!!!  And I keeped bobbin my head all around to make it stop, but they were tricksy and one helper dood holded my head and not one, but TWO docters shined their lites in my face for, like, EVER!!!!  :bugeye   :sowhat :angryfire   All to find out that my eyeballs are pretty good affer all.  <_<  I don't have that PRA stuff like Mister Nate's got.  Or any of the other badbad things it coulda been.  Now Momma's just gotta keep an EYE :coastie on ME to see if there's any problems.  :rolleyes:  

Such a relief!!  She was examined by first an ophthalmology intern and then the ophthalmologist, and it was just back and forth a LOT with shining the slit lamp in her eyes.  She's got some age related changes that usually don't show up until the dog is around 10 years old, but they are very early and small changes.  She's got some floaters in her right eye, that could be causing her vision to be obscured - just like with people - with few to none in her left eye.  Also in her right eye, some of the vitreous fluid (that stuff in the middle) has leaked around the lens to the front of her eye, which could also cause some small issues.  They couldn't see any problems with her retina or tapetum in the back of either eye.  And her lenses seem to be securely floating in her eye where they're supposed to be.

Again, more right than left, the tiny tiny muscles that attach to the inside of her irises - that help the iris dilate and close with light changes - have degraded enough that there a slight decrease in her dilation response.  Not enough to be really concerned about, but something to keep an eye on.  And they tested her for glaucoma in both eyes - pressure was completely normal - and didn't see any problems or clouding with her lenses at all.

She has to have a yearly check up to keep track of any changes, and I have to watch and see if her vision seems to change at all, and come in right away if I do.  So, over all, a good exam for everything except my checking account!!

Yeah, yeah, whatever Momma!!!  :rolleyes:  And I did get a haff a pakkige of chikken jerky cause I am such a good girl!!!  :D  :chow  AND we got back in plenty of time to have my regular dinner too!!!  :chow 

So everybody had good docter days today!!!  :yay  :yay  :yay  

AP - brite eyed and bushy tailed

• Like 4

IVy you did get good news. We are very happy for you.

Miss Vanessa  that building is one hot mess & I am sorry you have to work there

Cindy I had basal cell  above my nose . that was about 12 years ago. It was removed by Mohs surgery.  I go to the dermatologist twice a year. Last OCT they found 2 spots of squirmis(spelled wrong) on my right leg below the knee. I had Mohs again.  My May check up showed  no new occurrence  I go again in Oct.  Must be my celtic blood.

Mam congrats on your soon to be new addition. 

OK I am off to dreamland,  Bitzi 

• Like 1

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Wow!  Kerry and Elizabeth and Lupin, I think everyone in the pictures looks beautiful!  And yes, Lupin, I agree---we've had the pleasure of meeting Miss Elizabeth several times, and she IS even lovelier in person.  As well as being very nice and charming.  I'm so glad you all got to meet.  Hopefully, Kerry will get a break soon at work.  Glad you are safely home, Elizabeth.

Happy Birthday, Nancy!  That is a cute picture.  I've really come to appreciate the beauty of horses in the last few years.  I follow some horse rescues on Instagram, and the magnificent creatures who are given a second chance just take my breath away.

And great news for Ivy!  So glad you got the news you were hoping for, Kathy, and she can move along in her recovery.

And Andi too!  Lots of things to consider, but all in all, a positive exam.   And you both deserve that good news, Chris and Andi.

Yay for Fancy's Dad coming home!

Cindy, glad the siblings are getting along.  I knew it would be....interesting.  And your Dad's driving.....I don't know how he is doing that.  And no to after dark!  I decided to stop that some time ago, even on routes I'm familiar with.  I've done it when necessary, but it just scares me.

Talking about skin problems, I have this thing on my lower leg that should be looked at, actually months ago.  It's a raised red patch that has grown and changed shape.  I don't have a dermatologist, and have been putting it off.  But I guess it's nothing to fool around with, right?

Mary and I have been texting, which is easier to keep things from getting too emotional.  She said that she was just letting the tears flow today.  I feel like that is something she needs to do.  I remember being so sad after a loss that I let myself cry and cry until I felt drained.  It didn't promise that the grief wouldn't sneak up on me again (it always did), but it helped to get a lot of it out, by myself (people tend to be alarmed by so much emotion).  I can't go spend the night because of my twice daily cat visits, and an abundance of caution, but we'll get together soon, and talk about happier things to come.  NOLA.

But Doug is going to drive me up a wall.  He is going stir crazy, not able to do his almost daily shopping trips, when he talks to all the employees he's become friends with.  He's a bit ADHD, and is totally bored. He alternates between feeling really bad, and wanting to take me to Walmarts. :crazy  I told him I'm NOT going to do that.  He thinks he can put on a mask and return to the real world, like yesterday.  Well, even if an excursion didn't totally exhaust him, he is still contagious.  I'm perfectly capable to getting stuff from stores.  I'm masking when briefly out.  I'm not going to take a test unless I develop symptoms.  I was told that testing when asymptomatic is not indicated  because the results "aren't informative."  The exposed person may develop the infection any time in 14 days, and positive results are rare.  So I'll keep on being careful, and trying not to strangle Doug.  Actually, I'm worried, because I don't take this disease lightly, in whatever form it is in now.  He is compromised because of his surgery and cancer diagnosis---and he only has part of his right lung.

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown