WFUBCC #228 - April Showerings

2 hours ago, dante2zoe said:

Lupin, we hope you are feeling bedder.  When I had haff of my toe open, I hadda ware a muzzle with a stool guard (or duck tape) to keep me from licklickicking and allow me to not have to ware that stoopid cone.  Hope you are heeling fast! 

Oh for goodness' sake... why didn't I think of that?? What a great idea. Thanks Cindy!

Ducky, thank you for the Wound Powder recommendation. I have bookmarked it. Just yesterday I was wondering why on earth I didn't have stiptick powder in my houndie first aid kit. I always did, not sure what happened to it :dunno Indispensable stuff when you have a houndie!

I hope everyone who's going to GIG has a fabulous, wonderful time! :yay I am already looking forward to the pictures, which I KNOW you will all take.. right? :rules :lol: 

Sorry Angie's rear is dying :( Please feel better soon :goodluck 

Pap is home, yay. BUTT his levels are still too low. Ugh. Fingers crossed that his check-up shows more promising test results next week. 

I have to run and I know I've missed lots, I should be able to catch up by the end of the week. Lupin is at work with me today. He is so good, polite, quiet and well-behaved. The students adored him. I don't ever bring him to work because I do IT support so I don't spend hours and hours in my office - I'm often floating around the building. But I have to keep an eye on him because of those stitches snitches.

ca1a20_d5a01edcacc44aefbe9c061740a3de75~ca1a20_32c52e796f184a66bb0485b123f53301~

P.s. Thank you so much for your words of support and suggestions regarding places I will always associate with Pippin. It's a work in progress, and I loved all your suggestions and kind words. :beatheart 

• Like 2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Posted (edited)

Hello my Friendlies!!

Anuther nice day full of sunnings and warm tempachoors!!!  :yay  Sunbaffing and play time outside!!  :pepper 

Boy howdy we sure hope everybody has a great time at the GIG!!!  It always sounds like so much fun!!!  PLEASE take at leest one picher for the rest of us who can't be there!!!  :digicam 

Miss Ducky in Momma's famly they call that a "spit bath" which is somehow more betterer and more worser than using a birdbaff.  :blink:  

We hope you're having a good viziting Miss Lizabeth.  Bet you're missing your fuzzball at home tho.  ;) 

Miss Noo Carol is waiting on bad weathers!!!  :eek  Sounds like a good day to spend with a book to Momma!  :rolleyes:  Tho I gotta say, every day sounds like a good day for a book to her.  :rolleyes: 

Miss Cindy we are sending you lotsa {{{hugs}}} for this weekend.  :kiss2   

Mister Nate, I hate cleaning day.  Forchunately it does not happen very offen here.  Tho Momma is looking into having somebody come and do it for her cause things just get outta hand so fast with us two houndies in and out of the house!!  :lol  

Momma's gardening stuff seems to have survived two really cold mornings and Momma hopes those are totally behind us now as we head further into springing.  She really wants to get some seedings started in her little greenhouse thingy - some wadermellins, some sqwarsh, and some cantaloop-type mellins.  She's also thinking the experiment with strawberries is gonna be over.  The stoopid skwerrils made it too hard to get the berries  ripe without them stealing all of em.  And almost none of em seem to have survived the winter.  She's gonna go throo em tho and maybe replant the live ones in a differnt place.

She needs to run some errinds, but she still feels kinda rocky fizically, so maybe one more recovery day before she's gotta do a buncha stuff.

Wishings for a thankful Thirdsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

PEE ESS - Miss Kerry, that stiptikal powder does a good job stopping little bleedings like toe chopping, but it can get pretty ouchie and stingy for larger booboos.  Momma keeps a bunch of this chineeze medizin stuff callt Yunan Baio on hand to help with both topical and internal bleedings.  It's a powder you can put rite on a wound to stop blleding, and also give the capsools internally to help with the clottings of bluds.  Plus also, you can use just plain flour or baking powder or sugar or black pepper (tho that can be stingy too).

AP - sisser to a bleeder

Edited by greysmom
  • Like 1

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Angus, mama sez dat same fing....da wurk stuff juss gets in da way!  Tho she iz grateful to habz it.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

1 hour ago, greysmom said:

chineeze medizin stuff callt Yunan Baio

That was prescribed by MoMo's oncologist when the osteo on her "ankle" outgrew her skin and became quite an unpleasant bloody mess.  Yunan Baio was a wonder!  I only knew it as a capsule, Chris, so I'm interested to know it can be used topically as well.  Lucy

Shoo fly, Ma!  :f50:

Well, the Old Girls give one room a week a good cleaning and spot clean in between when needed.  That routine werks pretty well to keep things at an OK level ob clean.  They're done now butt the floor is drying so my beds are still dumped where they do knot belong. -_-

Friday is always busy for them, butt Ma is gonna try to move the indoor plants outdoors and get the warm season seeds planted then.  She was delighted this morning when she watered the garden seedlings to see dill coming up!  She loves dill as a seasoning and dill seeds too. :yay   She's also got all those plants she bought to plant. :D

Nate, Knot A Gardener

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Mama sez if it iz green, she will likely kill it....eggsept Kiwi da Burd in owr howze.

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

Momma and Daddy just put gas in our houndiemobile for our trips to GiG tomorrow and Sattiday! :yay     We will be leabing early and get there when eberthing opens and we will be looking for MIss Cindy and Miss Ducky and Miss Nancy ob the Berg!  :)      Since we did knot know until this week that we would be able to go, Momma habs to register when we get there, so you may find us waiting in line!

Momma will be going to the garden center some time negst week to start buying plants for her garden.   She lubs this time ob year!  She always buys too many plants!  :lol:     She also saw something online for water lotus seeds that grow in a pretty bowl in water that she is thinking ob ordering too.

Miss Chris, we habs cleaning ladies who come in ebery other week to clean and vacuum and mop and dust etc.   Momma says it is really worth the bikkie monies!

Ooooh, I think Momma is getting ready to fix our dinner!

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Gud eevning frendz. We hav ettid ower suppa and I hav hadda gud tyme going barkbark up the gaardin inna daark. Zavvi kayme and joyned me.

This morning we wentid fower a waak inna forrist wiv Lily and Molly and Miss. Geraldine. The sunne waz shyning. Mum did KNOT let us sniff the booshis inkayse ther wer snekz in the grass. She sed them Adderz are owt and abowt now.

This eevning we hadda waak rownd ower estayte wiv Miss. Rita. The sunne waz KNOT shyning and it waz chillee.

I howpe mi frendz hav fun atta GIGabyte playse.

Wagz to awl mi frendz,

Nutmeg.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

All of you heading out have a great time at GIG! :yay

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

It is still drizzle and just plain miserable here.  I sure hope GIG has good weather.

An yes... we need  :digicam

:o   I am positively shocked at that British Post Office scandal  :omg   I'm now into the 'real life' stories.  Horrendous. I sure hope the criminals are exposed.

:chow  I really enjoyed the 'light breakfast'  -   One egg (scrambled), two bacon, shredded home fries and 2 pancakes - at Smitties this morning, while my kayak pal and I got caught up.  She is newly retired and we won't have to limit our kayaking to just Wednesdays this summer  :)

• Like 2

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

We are finally settled in!  So tired.  Doug is hurting.  But we're here!  And our quirky little motel is still quirky.  But bless his heart, Mark, the owner, is really trying.  We had a few things we had to ask for, but he came through.

I've read everything.  Will have to reply later.  Ready for tomorrow---looking forward to seeing everyone!

• Like 2

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Iz like da hotel in Gatlinburg, itz nawt da Ritz, but itz nawt pricey and dey put up wibs us!

• Like 1

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I really wish we had a GIG on the west coast. Utah is too far for us and we love Solvang but it's really pricey. 

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

We are getting ready to go to GiG!   We will be leaving in about 2 1/2 hours and will get there just as it opens.   Looking forward to seeing all my frends!

Ivy 

• Like 2

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Good morning. My body has no flippin’ idea what time it is. :dunno One hour difference plus different meal times and I’m lost. Up at 4:15 this morning after going to sleep at 11:15 (couldn’t help but watch the finale of Wilderness). 
I got to give Henry his bottle last night. It was fun. I’ll share a picture when I get back to land of Laptop.  
Have fun at GiG!  :wave 

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Expecting more rain today    :coffee

Today we have 3 birthdays…

Calli is 24   :confetti         Kibo is 7   :confetti      Joshi is 3    :confetti

I hope to have a nice ride on Patty this morning :)

• Like 5

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

:balloonparty Happy Birthday to Calli, Kibo and Joshi! :balloonparty 

TGIF! Mom iz goin in to werk, she iz waiting to see what Mizz Ducky's hair lukks like.:P

• Haha 1

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

All sorts ub happee burfdays!!!!

4 minutes ago, mychip1 said:

All sorts ub happee burfdays!!!!

And it’s my niece’s birthday, too. I made her a little giftie and packed it in my suitcase.

hope all the houndies have lovely birthdays with all sorts of pets and treats.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Happee NEEces burfday, too!

Happy birfdays to all! And may you habs many more. Get treats!

Oy, yes, Ducky's hair photos.

Me being abandoned today. Which means in reality eye get da day off from spying on Ma. Blissful sleeps!

Where dem GIG piccies?

Inquiring hound wants to know.

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Nutmeg, it sounds like Zavvi is fitting right in wif you and your walking friends. :yay

Mam, how great that your kayak buddy is free on more days now. :yay 
And you got 3 houndie birfdays to celebrate! :confetti

Angie and Fambily are safe at their favorite hotel for GIG. :yay
Ivy and Cherry, I hope you all hab fun and see friends at GIG.  Hab a safe drive to and fro.

Miss Elizabeth, I hope this visit is fun and worth the discombobulation wif the time change. :kiss2  Oooh!  You got a niece's birfday to celebrate too! :confetti 

Today is busy wif grocery shopping and werking wif the trainer.  Ma's still awaiting the results ob Tinker's blood werk.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.